Why are there so many mercy mains on the forums?

I’m genuinely curious why there are so many mercy mains here. And why are there so few dps mains on the forums?

2 Likes

It’s almost like Mercy is the most popular hero in the game or something…

35 Likes

As far as I’m aware Mercy is the most mained hero.

Partly because she’s a tall blonde, gentle woman and partly because her skill floor is lower than the deepest pit of hell.

38 Likes

Because Mercy players outnumber any other player in the game and they are upset.

4 Likes

I think because is the most nerfed, changed and controversial hero of the game.

I didn’t write ANYTHING on the forum before the rework. So i think that the bad treating that Mercy had and is having simply brings people.

9 Likes

Is she? I thought it was rein or soldier.

Oof

Because even my cat can play mercy without a problem.

7 Likes

And blizzard still can’t get the memo that people want more heroes like this. Here, have a hamster ball.

1 Like

Not sure , I used to main her but quit before I got on the forums. I main tanks and play some support now. Don’t get much of a chance to be dps but that’s okay xD

Because being whiny gets your post deleted on reddit.

13 Likes

Poof?

There are DPS players; they’re just not as vocal.

Really? Is that a real reason for posts being deleted, whininess?

It just seems like there are barely any dps players compared to support and tank players on the forums

DPS players are apparently the bane of this forum’s existence. If you’re not a tank or support, you’re just another “whiny DPS player”. So there aren’t a whole lot who will really contribute to anything.

I’ve seen many posts like this. On this forum and the old one.

9 Likes

There’s not.

It’s just a popular idea—but even if an idea is popular, it’s not necessarily correct.

You could make a poll and survey the majority of the posters, and you’d probably see a fairly even spread of “mains.”

For example, ask yourself this—have you actually seen a single shred of evidence backing up the idea or did you just read a bunch of thread titles? Because the latter tends to be a way to just draw attention (like what you’re doing now).

But the moment you begin to accept ideas without any facts to support them, you’ve already spun your own narrative and there’s no real discussion to be had. A lot of these threads tend to go down hard because of that.

4 Likes

Cause for over a year she s still not fine and ppl have no where else to discuss about it? Mercy’s rework is probably the most controversial thing the devs have made cause it s only been /barely/ fixed recently and practically stired the community for almost a year

All the ‘Nerf Brig’ posts say otherwise, while tanks did complain most of them came from DPS players.

The majority would fall under low effort content, and r/cow would delete that. On the main sub it’d get drowned under potg clips.

1 Like