Why are so many taking this beta so SERIOUSLY?

MMR is on QP, not SR, so what are we saying?

Are we not talking about role Q beta? Mmr on qp is not the same as comp.

people shouldnt take rank seriously anyway.

Guarantee you will pick up where you leave off in the Beta.

3 Likes

I like winning, and you can’t win if you don’t take it seriously, unless you are extremely lucky. Also, it’s fun seeing what roles you are best and worst at, especially if they aren’t ones you normally play.

??You have 2 separate MMRs, one is for QP other one is for Comp

I’m trying to get good at sigma so I want to take it seriously. People in my games are taking it seriously for the most part.

Even if it’s a beta that will get wiped people still want a competitive experience. It is, after all, called competitive still. Beta or not.

It’s beta, being critical now is more important than ever

It’s funner so naturally I play the game more seriously.

Unless I am mistaken, MMR is the hidden score for QP, SR is just the revealed comp version. AFAIK the two are not linked according to Blizzard.

A lot of people don’t get this. It doesn’t help too when new people try to enter comp and get picked on or, or don’t know the impact of placing badly.

MMR is the match making rating and exists in qp and comp. It’s the most accurate stat to tell the devs where you actually belong and who to place you with in a game. Sr does not necessarily match your mmr.

I’m sorry, but can you quote that from a source? Everything I am reading clearly states that QP performance is independent of SR… there might be an MMR value for QP and one for Comp, with SR revealed… but I’m pretty sure QP doesn’t affect Comp… are you indicating then that there is a separate MMR for Comp from QP? If so, I agree with that…

SR =/= MMR, but MMR exists in both QP and comp. I think the only time QP MMR affects comp is when you hit lvl 25 for your very first placements.

Because they are trying to have 2/2/2 role - lock removed for some reason and are failing miserably at it.

1 Like

MMR and rating formula will stay
The Bot that thinks your real rank is for some reason is wrong and fixing it by giving you no SR for wins will stay

I think it is because most people are not aware they will delete the stats because that makes literally no sense to begin with.

A test is better if it represents the actual as fit as possible.

WyomingMist confirmed that beta will have no impact on mmr and placements next season.

That said, regardless of what anyone thinks I see no reason why not to treat beta “seriously” regardless of the fact.

Just because it’s beta, I don’t have to go solo healer as Baptiste when my Moira goes full dps mode entire match long. Isn’t healthy.