Why Are People Upset About Overwatch 2?

mostly i’m just worried that if an OW2 delay is announced at Blizzcon, we’re essentially looking at an entire straight year without any new significant content, unless they go back on their word not to release new heroes after Echo until it’s released

IMHO it comes down in large part to Blizzard’s unwillingness to communicate outside of major events, which during the pandemic is a habit i feel they should break if they don’t want people freaking out. i mean, im not sure if OW can go a year without content without seeing a massive drop in population

I am weary of what monetization systems they’re going to implement.

I’d like everyone to be weary of what monetization systems they’re going to implement.

If you roll over and take silliness up the tail pipe then they’ll just shove harder.

PS - Sorry for the graphic analogy. :yum:

I don’t know about others, but I can tell you my feelings about OW.

It has big production , big budget, potential next big hit GAME just like Dota or LOL before it.

I climbed a school fence with my classmate to go to cyber cafe and play LOL. Every1 in China knows and understand LOL.

OW has so much potential back in 2016. It feels like THE NEXT BIG THING you know.

Then it became a disappointment, it grew smaller, events became skin and loot boxes. Patch update is not as exciting as LOL or Dota patch updates. Non organic esports and total control of IP just like warcraft 3 reforge & the map maker IP rights.

So…about OW2 , its like a relationship you want it to work badly , became a responsible dad and take care of the family . But then you have a deep sinking feeling that it would most likely turn out to be a dissapointment and everything remains practically unchanged . A toxic relationship that you should walk out of and not addicted to it.

Ah, yes. Because I am displeased about the lack of content and communication regarding this game must mean playing Overwatch is the only thing I do.

I disagree. They kept adding content until they announced ow2 and said they would be focusing on that from that point on. They communicated, but some people dont want to listen. We know they are working on it and it will have tons of content, its just a matter of patience.

Probably because it’s not coming out for so long + devs have stopped updating OW until it does come out, so content drought for the original game.

I guess we can agree to disagree. The pace at which they released new heroes and even communicated with the community changed over time, especially towards the end, prior to the announcement of OW2. That’s how I remember it anyway. They bit off more than they could chew.

And we know they are working on it, but we actually don’t know that it will have tons of content. That’s an assumption, because they haven’t shown us much of anything yet. Which is why topics like this one are created.

I dont remeber it this way.

We know plenty, there are at least 6 maps that i recall, an entire story campaign, new pvp and pve modes. Obviously lots of new heroes, probably five or six. In any case we are getting more info in a couple of hours.

People want different things for the game

I am ok with a content drought and the promise of something big in the future. I just wont play as much, some people cant accept doing that

For me its the development timeline. Since OW1 and OW2 are suppose to be able to play together I would prefer preorder OW2 maybe beta access don’t really care if features are locked or limited till release date that would make me happy.

I know i am a minority and more want a polished finished product, but i can’t wait a year.

It sure as hell makes it harder to care about “lack of Content” if you do more than one thing.

Not when it’s a game I enjoy.

1. The game is not coming out in 2021

2. The current Overwatch has not gotten any real content update(s) outside of new seasonal skins in about 16-17 months.

3. The excuse for Overwatch 1 not getting new content is because they’re putting all their resources into Overwatch 2. Despite this, the game is STILL not coming out in 2021

4. As of me posting this comment (Well before Blizzcon started) there hasnt been any type of update on Overwatch 2.

5. At Blizzcon this year, we’re only getting a 40min presentation on what’s in store for Overwatch 2. Think about it… 16-17 months of silence. At least 3-4 years of development time (so far) put into Overwatch 2. And all we’re getting is a 40min presentation on it. It better be a damn good presentation, and they better address ALL of our concerns, or this Blizzcon will be a total failure.

So what you’re saying is, You Want It Now?

Maybe with big macaroons and performing baboons?

1 Like

I never said it needed to come out now. But more news than “There’s no news” is better than nothing.

Because competitive mode and I suppose quickplay have been left in a shockingly abysmal state and Ow2 ushering in pve in the form of - Lucio / tracer watch - i say that cause mark my words the entire pve campaign will revolve around those two irratating characters, will in no way will fix this.

Because, when I bought OW, the promise, in exchange for loot box monetization , was a constant stream of new heroes and new maps. Blizzard has decided that while they’re still making new maps and heroes, all of that content will be postponed until… whenever OW2 came out.

The promise of OW2 is not new maps and heroes. It’s a robust PVE mode. So, it seems to me that new maps and heroes that we should be getting are being held back just to make OW2 look like a bigger package than it already is.