Why are people still complaining about the mass Rez?

She was historically underpowered with it…

5 Likes

I don’t see how that was rude, but don’t act like Self-Destruct and Death Blossom and Transcendance take that much skill. There’s mind games with Rein v Rein earthshatter matchups, but even then it’s literally Q and the fight changes directions

2 Likes

But rezzing or teleporting people with potential ults is a different concept than out-playing them. It’s not immersive to win, take 1/2 team loss to get that win, them immediately 3v3 and lose from dead heroes.

Errr, genuinely wasn’t trying to be rude, I don’t know how I came off that way at all, but I apologize anyhow. I was asking a legitimate question that I was planning on responding with in another post, but it seemed appropriate for this one as well.

Secondly, if they had removed Invulnerability there would have been counterplay for Mass Rez as well, aside from just kill her first. Mercy was a joke before they added that, but then she made a joke of a lot of strats. Unless she was using Rez for a tempo rez (which any Mercy worth their salt will tell you was more beneficial than hoping your whole team dies for that sick POTG), but even invuln made her using it to negate other ultimates just wasn’t fair. I agree with all of these points.

But then they should have taken another look at how they could make Rez feel good for those playing against Mercy as well as the Mercy, rather than just completely gutting it. Sure, a Mercy getting a rez off of a kill sucks sometimes. But the Mercy Meta we got after the rework sucked even harder, and now she just plain sucks to use.

If it came back, it would have to be with significant tweaks. LOS requirements, a small cast time. Damage reduction instead of invulnerability. There are lots of ideas and lots, lots of Mercy Mains™ who would agree with this. It cannot come back with invuln.

I’m not even going to bother rebutting your “skill” argument.

2 Likes

Not really. Did you do X? No? Then you’re punished by Y. Did you find the Mercy and deal with her before you start throwing ults out and about? No? Well guess what.

This is like people complaining when D.Va eats Graviton or Pulse Bomb and the the first response is always “did you demech D.Va” or “Demech D.Va next time.” It is the same concept.

5 Likes

I don’t see it as the same concept. It’s a gimmick to team-steal fights you lost. Making a hero have to be targeted in any comp that harshly to prevent facing a team again with potential ults is not what the game needs. Giving the professional “well just kill the hero” excuse is bad. Just like in card games I’ve worked with, casual players just say, “well just counter this broken card.” If a hero has to be killed no matter what to stop cheap play like that, maybe it shouldn’t be a skill.

Yep. Resurrection punished Ultimate stacking and required people to properly manage their own team’s Ultimates as well as think about the enemy’s.

Blizzard even kind of buffed team ult management by giving us all percentage on TAB. “Hey Genji, hold your Blade after my Death Blossom, I think the Mercy has Rez.”

Blam. Oh, team’s up? GG Mercy not for long.

5 Likes

It will not happen because the enemy has the turn to throw ults because our zarya wasted her ult while the enemy zarya still have it

No it’s not because her teammate will have second life upon rezzing

I could see that if healers weren’t already a high priority target. Besides, I’m sure you’ve tried to bait a Transcendence or kill the Zen before your Shatter before.

If a team thinks a Mercy has Rez*, maybe don’t use the Grav yet. Bait out the Rez like you would a Transcendence and voila. Toblestein till the cows come home!

*A reminder that Mercy did not always have Rez because it was an Ultimate. If she wasn’t healing much or dying a lot before, she may not have been able to charge Rez either.

5 Likes

How can you not see it as the same concept? What would your response be to a Zarya player complaining about D.Va eating Graviton, especially back when there was a 4 second DM?

It really isn’t. If the fight was truly lost, then everyone would be dead. It only takes one hero to go ham to win a losing battle.

“Potential ults?” So you’re saying that your team blew all of their ultimates killing 5 people, including support ultimates in a 2/2/2, and so have nothing to respond with when the heroes come back? That’s literally baiting ultimates, on a large scale to be sure, but it is no different than Doomfist jumping Zen to bait out Trans so the Genji can use Dragonblade. If your team used 6 ultimates to kill 5 people, you deserve to be punished.

So healing shouldn’t be a skill? You have to kill healers to guarantee won team fights. There is a very good reason the enemy healers are priority one in every game containing them.

5 Likes

Doesn’t happen like this because it required two ult to force enemy mercy to ult because one can be avoided easily if she is next to her teammate

Undoing two ult DOESN’T mean you can ult again and team wipe again because the enemy genji and reaper has ult which your teammate genji and reaper has been wasted, 2 ult to counter 1 ult isn’t a balanced.

This is pretty self-explanatory.

The opposing team will have:

• Positioning advantage
  • First shot
  • Resources
  • Can take advantage of stationary invulnerability.
  • Can use one ultimate and wipe the enemy again.

These are just the ones that come to mind. There are probably more.

3 Likes

Everyone laughs at McCree’s Deadeye for being a bad ult; this is literally the best situation for Deadeye

3 Likes

How can you not see it as the same concept? What would your response be to a Zarya player complaining about D.Va eating Graviton, especially back when there was a 4 second DM?

That’s just unfortunate to the Zarya. Should have demech’d the diva or not shoot near her. It’s not the same as a skill that brings back other heroes with ults.

It only takes one hero to go ham to win a losing battle.

Same with a res’d hero.

So healing shouldn’t be a skill? You have to kill healers to guarantee won team fights. There is a very good reason the enemy healers are priority one in every game containing them.

What a gross exaggeration. Don’t even bait me with that nonsense.
I’ve given my opinion and don’t care to further reply.
The skill will not come back.

What does that have to do with what I said?

It wasted because some thing had to happen to force hiding mercy to appear

False mercy teammate will have full health and probably has more ult than the enemy, AS you can team wipe again with your ult the enemy can Also team wipe but with MORE ults

Yeah, no. I’m not buying that. This just seems like bad gameplay from the Zarya and bad gameplay needs to get punished. I mean, you got forced to use a huge ultimate that can change the course of a fight in a 6v5? Like, seriously?

That list is still correct.

They will get attacked first because said team will be stationary for 2 seconds.

Actually, the opposing team would have more or the same amount of ults since they got a bunch of ultimate charge from the fight where the Mercy was hiding.

It’s actually fairly even but the bullet points I addressed still apply. The team without the hiding Mercy still has the advantage. At this point, hiding was clearly a waste since it didn’t do anything other than prolong a fight where the outcome was already decided long ago; when the Mercy chose to hide.

That’s the point. It is literally the same concept as “just kill the Mercy.” “Just Demech D.Va.” As for potential ults on the enemy team, you shouldn’t have used too many of yours against 5 people without a main healer.

Again, that’s the point. A 5 man rez is Mercy’s chance to go ham. Even if the teamfight is losing, it is never lost until the point is captured or everyone is dead. It doesn’t have to be Mercy, it can be a Junkrat with a lucky tire and a close knit team, or a Reaper who comes off the top and no one notices until it’s too late. I once won a round on Lucio on Lijang because I bounced over the pond and through the window to ult on point, causing the Genji to blow his ult trying to kill me but giving my team enough time to come back and win. 1v4 for 15 seconds until my team respawned. It only takes one hero, and it can be any hero.

You said it, not me. You have to kill the healers.

1 Like

So what do you want her to do? watching enemy rushing her teammate while no one her teammate can ult?

They can move for a while with invulnerability if not i would be able to headshot revived enemies as widow

It did because she was able to revive teammate after ult that she will die to if she was near which is supporting my point that hiding give mercy actual VALUE