Why are dps queue times near 20 minutes in gold?

It’s honestly ridiculous doesn’t help when I’m constantly losing matches as well due to lack of communication because no one has a mic

3 Likes

Blame the majority of the playerbase going DPS.

18 Likes

You know why.

17 Likes

It wasn’t this bad 2 months ago, I was usually finding a match in like 7 minutes max tho feel like something is wrong right now

1 Like

Yes. The player base. Not Blizzard’s decision’s up until now and enforcing a 2-2-2 meta despite all their mistakes.

Yup, totally on the community.

:roll_eyes:

16 Likes

It is on the community, the DPS side of it, and that 2/2/2 meta didn’t stop all DPS teams thanks to characters like Hog & Lucio, who are just DPS.

Also, DPS hypocrites dont mind it when Tank & Healers get nerfed, but if they get a taste of their own medicine, if a non-DPS character shuts them down, they complain, the character gets nerfed & DPS are back to being unstoppable. Look what happened to Brig.

Blizzard wouldnt favor DPS so much if DPS players werent hypocrites & talked about how broken Doomfist, Reaper & the rest are.

17 Likes

coz nobody wants to play punching bags…
im gold tank, i can play rein or zarya, and frankly im sick of both

16 Likes

Because nobody wants to play tank.

10 Likes

7 minute queue times are still long, while Tank & Healers have far shorter ones. And its because most players go DPS.

DPS characters are vastly under powered when compared to Tanks and Healers. That’s why we had a Meta for years of 3 Tank-3 Healer.
Every tank ult has more value, tanks have more hp, more damage, more one shot combos that require very little to no aim compared to dps.
Then there are healers that require very little game knowledge to perform well. Brig, Moira for instance… Lucios intentionally throwing the game to make reddit boop plays that occasionally get value.

2 Likes

I hate to say this but this isnt the reason why you keep losing bud.

Also, it’s gold. You’re in that rank for a reason. But it’s not cause people aint in vc for you/their fault if they dont have mic. Asking (demand coughs) others to join vc, wont magically make you climb nor rank up.

I’ve won plenty of games without being in vc. Have you ever thought you’re the reason, not everyone else in your losses? Prob not cause you must be one of those Im better than everyone else, I want everyone else to do the way I want -type of players.

4 Likes

The devs don’t get to blame the players after they make the game 222 despite knowing the distribution of the community simply doesn’t match that. Nobody forced the devs to do it and the outcome was very predictable.

Hopefully open queue on the front page will help alleviate queue times.

3 Likes

i was competitive only player sadly its straight up dead nowadays. 8-16 mins for que meanwhile matches only lasts for 10 mins max. Not even worth to play.

1 Like

Just stop and think for half a second.

How is that on the community?

Blizzard designed these heroes. They classified the roles, then re-classified them over and over.

Is it really on the community at this point?

10 Likes

I did take that in consideration and knew a couple matches I could’ve been doing better, I’ve been winning a bit more tonight now I know my issue was my positioning which I worked on now I survive most teamfights. But I can’t carry all the time Overwatch is a team game I may have good aim and snappy reaction time but that won’t make me win the match automatically

Tanks & Healers get nerfed all the time. DPS dont. DPS aren’t underpowered at all like Rein alone. DPS are why GOATS was around.

Im sick of people using GOATS as an answer for DPS not being op & broken, when Blizzard doesnt care about Tanks & Healers. GOATS got through the cracks, it was only thing that defended against all the DPS bs. And Blizzard brought out nerfs quick.

That never happens with DPS. Onto ults, most of them are nowhere near as inpactful as broken DPS ults. Reaper’s Death Blossom always gets teamwipes. Compared to DVA’s, its very situational to get a teamwipe from her, and the player has to be tryhard to do it.

I don’t see a Tank that has an aimbot ult. I dont see a Tank with an ult that goes through everything, all the way to the enemy spawn point.

Those broken DPS ults are always the ones responsible for wins, or lucky last minute pushes.

Even Sigma’s ult, which is broken, is situational. Its only effective in overtime defense pushes.

Brig got nerfed to death because of DPS hypocrites. Moira, Genji alone wins.

Lucio, just a DPS, mainly because of his L2 spam. His heals suck, yet he’s valuable in damage.

4 Likes

No one forced the majority of the playerbase to go DPS. That chouxe is on them, and every non DPS player suffers for it.

2 Likes

Incase you forgot, it’s a game. People will play what they find fun.

7 Likes

Then why are you stupidly scapegoating it for the ‘‘lack of communication’’ then?

What i’ve heard that communication is the least important & useless things specially in lower rank. If people dont wanna join vc, they dont.
They should not be forced to do so either.

If there’s people in vc, communicate with them instead of complaining & annoying those in-game chat why people aint in vc, etc. Maybe then you’d win lot more games.

Also for the queue times what time are you playing in & what role? It might be that your q times are that long cause people have avoided you dont you think?

You play a game to win because winning is what’s fun. Its easy to win as broken DPS. That’s why everyone picks it, which includes characters like Hog & Lucio. They wouldn’t pick Hog if he actually had a shield instead of that hook & op heals.

No one calls Tanks & Healers “fun to play”, because they’re not. They’re nerfed to death, and good teammates are mandatory to win. And you won’t be put on such teams most of the time.

3 Likes