Why are devs FORUM profiles HIDDEN ⁉

There is one positive to private profiles.
Privacy

Negatives
Privacy
Can throw easily
No idea of who plays what on a team
Decreases the amount of communication
More toxicity
Decreased team trust
ETC

The only positive it does have is also a negative.

Public Profiles have a lot of positives
Shows heroes played
More communication
Better compositions
Better detection of throwers
Feeling of actually being on a team

Negatives
Privacy
Difficult to swap roles(besides changes in the season)

“Hidden profiles” is extremely vague.

lol, get a grip mate
chill out dude

4 Likes

i am chilled, tho making devs profiles a secret is disturbing … for me it is very negative message to us, forum users

1 Like

Why is it relevant? If they posted something, you can look at it through the dev tracker.

2 Likes

dev tracker will be gone soon too

Their profiles had read time, when they were last on, etc. Etc.
So we could actually tell the last time they were on, if they’re lying when they say ”We’re reading your feedback!”, all that.

4 Likes

So? You can see if something is posted by the marked thread they posted in.

yes, and i was checking it every single day
thats why i am asking

it was easier to locate their posts by looking up profiles … also i am asking not only because of that

Can you imagine if people could just go and look at Jeff’s playtime on each hero? Do you think that would bring anything positive or do you think it would be much more likely that people would use it in a much more toxic and destructive manner?

I can’t think of any good that would come from letting us see the developer’s in-game profiles. Honestly, why would you even want to know? What would you do with this information?

I don’t think it’s disturbing at all. Watching some horrific act of violence is disturbing. Devs not having profiles seems like something so insignificant as to be unworthy of concern.

3 Likes

can you read title and OP ?
thank you

you know why it is? because we could look up their involvement
now we cant
we need transparency and communication

no transparency means they are hiding something (their lack of activity) and theres no communication, so people are left to theorize on OW stuff - and that leads to toxic, misinformed and ignorant tons of threads: nerf this-nerf that, ded-game, etc.

2 Likes

“Why are devs forum profiles made hidden!?” I saw it.

Yeah, so part of the profile is the part linked to their accounts. If they are linked at all. It seemed to me that is what you were getting at.

But even if you didn’t include that part, you can see everything any developer has ever said on the forum just by going to the dev tracker tab or the blizz tracker tab.

What in the world you do you need their profiles unhidden for? I don’t see anything to be gained.

That’s quite a series of stretches there, even by this forum’s standards. You really believe that people make nerf threads because the devs don’t have profiles?

3 Likes

We don’t need anything. Tbh.

you made a stretch here yourself
not because they have no profiles - but because they dont communicate
how many times i have to repeat this?

the issue with hidden profiles is that this is signal that there will be no communication, because even their inactivity on forums will be hidden

this is bad

If you feel that the devs don’t communicate, and I don’t agree with that sentiment, then having a profile isn’t going to have them communicate more. You can’t message them. You can’t contact them. You can’t summon them.

I suspect that you haven’t thought this through.

1 Like

they are NOT communicating with us, whatsoever
and on top of that they made their profiles hidden

i started to wonder why we have forums then?

1 Like

Obviously so that all communication to the player base is form of posts. Not via statistics.

I mean there was some annoyance as the people found out that the Mercy “containment” thread was not read by any of the developers. And I do not think it is the developers responsibility to read everything in the forums.

However it is one of the statistics displayed in the profiles so it makes sense to disable them.

1 Like