Why are devs FORUM profiles HIDDEN ⁉

edit: its about forums profiles guys, not about in game profiles

it doesnt make any sense - arent they a kind of public figures for our community?
not only we got minimal communication and involvement on forums, but also they have hidden profiles now :interrobang: :confused:

21 Likes

Why do you care at all? They make the game, how they play it doesn’t matter much.

The whole OW dev team extends far past the members who are semi-active on the forums. There’s no positives to having open profiles for them but there are certainly negatives.

17 Likes

I would highly imagine the devs forum accounts are a moderator type of account and aren’t even linked to their game accounts in any way.

21 Likes

so what would you say if blue posters - Community Manager got private profile too?

They should, it makes sense. They’re authority figures, not players. Some of the community managers might not even play the game for all we know - and that’s fine because it doesn’t matter.

Their jobs and their activity in the game aren’t related enough.

7 Likes

Because their profiles aren’t relevant to you, and if they were visible, you’d get 100s of threads shouting “OMG YOU’RE NOT TOP 500 (insert character here) WHY ARE YOU NERFING THEM?!”

3 Likes

this is one more reason for their profiles to be public

those profiles are not their ingame profiles

1 Like

Except it’s not…?

its not about their gaming profiles - its about their FORUMS profiles lol, get a grip mate

2 Likes

It seems some people don’t know the difference between a forum profile and an in game profile…

You’ve never been able to see a Devs in game profile, by the way.

Perhaps if you knew what they played, you may believe there to be a bias whenever a new patch rolls through, and that could eventually cause distress among the community, that’s my belief anyway.

:purple_heart::baguette_bread:The Widowmaker Baguette Movement:baguette_bread::purple_heart:

Seems really shady. I remember someone exposing the devs for a lie regarding their profiles. To summarise it, they said that they read feedback from the Mercy megathread’s daily but in actuality, their “Posts Read” was a very small number.
As for why they’re just doing it now, who knows?

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 :shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

7 Likes

you dont understand too :frowning:

KAPLAN IS MID GOLD LOW PLAT he said it somewhere live on tube pls research here is a video 

When you don’t specify which profile type you’re talking about anywhere in any of your posts, you can’t fault me for assuming you’re talking about in game profiles that show up on the forums.

lol, get a grip mate

4 Likes

ok, edited title, becuase people dont understand the question
its bout their FORUMS profiles, not INGAME
chill out dudes

when you dont read OP
i hope its clear now :slight_smile:

Imo, it’s kinda pathetic.

I mean, you’ve literally never been able to see the devs in game profiles, so I’m not sure why you’d assume that’s what they’re talking about, anyway…