Why are Blizz so silent?

Ultimately, I hope that something huge is coming and that that will explain their absence. I particularly hope that this is the case and that it will be in some response to what has come across as a lackluster Summer Games. It’s unfortunate, however, that whatever they are possibly working on takes away from the connectedness to the community.

1 Like

Well they really don’t like/care about negative feedback these days.

Them making announcements on the forums makes sense. But I don’t see why they should respond to a vast majority of threads here.

because… who cares about a broken game with a nonworking comp mode and SR-System? The “ballancing” showed us pretty good how much they care about OW right now.

Silent before the storm… :grinning:

I think they’re cooking something right now.

I don’t know. They’re probably busy cooking up something? I mean, yeah…Possibly? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

OWL Season 2, obviously. I wouldn’t count of anything else atm.

Or maybe… only some changes to Rialto, as Jeff provided the data showing it’s too defense friendly.

Hello OP, to me the answer to your question is: what 90% of posters say is so stupid that “blizz” wouldn’t even care to reply.

Plus, the attitude of many here is like " NERF THIS OR THAT IMMEDIATELY YOU NOOBS, DON’T YOU EVEN SEE YOUR GAME IS TRASH!?" wich obviously doesn’t deserve any consideration from the devs team.

Have you seen the Undertale community?

That is true horror.

1 Like

One thing i know for sure that they are seemingly active on overwatch reddit

This is why, read Jeff’s response

In short.
Every minor thing they say gets taken way out of context and taken as a promise and when they don’t deliver, they get personally attacked and threatened.

Unlike us, they are not anonymous on the forums and there have been plenty of times where the devs would respond and a witch hunt started because they dropped a hint that something might be Ferarri red. But it turned out to be cherry red and people lost their mind and became pure toxic and threatened them

2 Likes

Overwatch 2 ? :rofl:

Well, reading Jeff I was right with my two reasons why I proclaimed somewhere else:

• limited resources and
  • time management.

Developer time is expensive, community manager time compared to it is cheap. One Youtube video now and then reaches far more people than an elaborate forum post, which takes the same amount of time to write like producing one video. And in a video you decide which topics are hot, while in the forum all expect you to answer to their millionth iteration of the same topic like “Mercy is garbage now” and stay focused on this topic.

I’m not a dev but even i feel the forums are a bit too much these days. The anger is just not justified its as if our lives depend on it.

I don’t blame the devs for not wanting to get their hands dirty by participating in our pig fights, we as a community are not usually as well meaning.

They let it come to this. That’s it. Like a pot slowly boiling over. So many opportunities to set things straight, give explanations, anything. This event being a rehash didn’t help the situation either.
Blizzard brought this upon themselves, and will not get any pity from me.

They’ve made their bed, now they have to lie in it.

Jeff just said something today. They aren’t silent.

The choose topics that are worth replying to. They don’t just reply to every single thread on the forum.

well first of all nothing justifies being disrespectful to the devs, that’s just childish.

secondly inasmuch as you may think Blizz is the loser in this situation it is actually us as a community cause i’m sure they have made enough from this game to call it a financial success so they lose nothing (apart from their credibility as a company that supports their games for a long time) by just leaving just 5 people working on the game and transfer the rest to a new project that people will pay more money for and even then it will still be running for years to come.

A lot of players take out their fatigue with the game on the devs in the name of balance and what not, but the reality is the game has been out for a while now and its not surprising that a lot of day one players have just had enough and when changes are made they make it as if its the end of the world, its not, just go and play other games and leave those who have something to play for to do so.

Its also a fallacy that the devs dont take into account player feedback, infact in my gaming life, i still consider Blizz to be one of, if not the, best game companies in terms of supporting their games and engaging with their communities. They made a lot of changes to the game just in their last patch esp to support heroes and personally i’d say the game is in one of its healthiest states all heroes included but i’m sure to a pro-revert Mercy player its game over for them, who cares about the rest of the game. My point is for people who only look at the game as one hero, sure they will be salty when a counter is introduced or that hero is nerfed but for someone who actually plays the game surely it can’t be that bad.

So i see no reason for the devs to take time out of actually working on meaningful aspects of the game to engage with whinny teenagers who think their perspective should be law. We will just continue to bark on these forums while they keep doing what they are doing and its only us who dont get the occasional “hi guys” from Jeff.

It makes me so angry that you’re probably right lol

They’re wondering what others characters and abilities they can rip off from Paladins. They’re also looking for more CC characters. Since these devs don’t create any original new characters they could probably try and copy the Destiny supers.

I mean if they want more CC they can just copy the Arc Strider from Destiny, just a straight stun lock. It’s not like you can play Overwatch anymore, why not just stun lock now.

Overwatch Devs if you’re reading and you need to rip off games try Destiny it has plenty of CC. The only difference is their CC affects PVE bosses and doesn’t affect PVP, so you can be different :slight_smile:

Take a look at how people act on these forums, for example the person above me. Does it really surprise you they don’t come here often?