Why 50% boosted junkrat can't one shot?

ana nades dont bounce

Yeah, but they move in a lob. You need to aim both of them. The grenades can be aimed, just because everyone ASSUMES you don’t need to aim them doesn’t mean people who play Junkrat don’t aim. We aim that sh*t, is what I’m saying. Can you compute?

3 Likes

I get that there’s an ongoing forum joke about how Junkrat is the hardest character or whatever, but let’s not pretend it’s harder to hit a grenade than a hitscan headshot.

For reference, accuracy averages from Overbuff:

• Junkrat grenade - 25%
  • McCree headshot - 7.2%

This is not at all a close comparison. Not to mention that number incorporates “zoning” spam from Junkrat, which is not even intended to hit a target and thus should drastically lower his average accuracy.

I would agree pre-projectile size nerf

After they nerfed his projectile size he feels like a really awkward hitscan hero minus the ‘hitscan’ part

Just because Junkrats aim doesn’t mean they can’t spam. The whole point of his kit is to flood an area with grenades bouncing in different directions making it difficult to find a safe spot (aka area denial).

1 Like

And just because he has the capability to spam doesn’t mean that he doesn’t aim.

I think everyone acts like the fact that a character CAN do something means that’s what they do 100% of the time - with Junkrat there’s time to spam and there’s time to aim, and their change from .3 to .2 made it so that when you DO need to aim- aka a flanker is on your butt and you’re gonna die- it’s so much harder to hit them, to the point where you often see your nades passing through characters when they should have reasonably connected. They’re just too small now to make Junkrat good for anything BUT spam. That’s not okay.

1 Like

mccree can’t, that’s the point. you need to do 154 dmg to get a 200 dmg shot with damage boost

the only hero doing that is ashe all other either oneshot without dmg boost or don’t oneshot closest is mei with 150 dmg headshots

The point being is that people think that all Junkrat does is spam and pray for kills, which is quite the contrary. Don’t talk to me like I don’t know how Junkrat works. After 1k+ hours, I think I may have him somewhat figured out :v:

I present you with Exhibit 846135

3 Likes

its not a misconception, you aim at a direction, you can’t control where it jumps off too

hanzo “aims” more than junkrat but even hanzo players don’t really control if they land a headshot, they just generally aim for their head hoping you would stand still or juke into it

Just because some aim doesn’t change the fact that many do simply spam and get good value from it.

Spam or no, it’s still much, much easier to land general Bodyshots with a grenade than it is to land consistent headshots with other heroes.

Letting them oneshot with that is a horrible idea.

2 Likes

??? :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

'tis called PREDICTION, my friend.

This is why Junkrat can’t have nice things. The community just sees him as spam and can’t grasp how he plays.

3 Likes

You’re drawing more out of my post than you should. What I am saying is that change would allow him to mindlessly spam and 1 shot people.

I’m not saying he always mindlessly spams.
I’m not saying all Junkrat players mindlessly spam.
I’m not saying you have to mindlessly spam at all to play him.

Only that he can and does spam and that the proposed change would allow him to mindlessly spam and get rewards.

Make sense?

grenade spam isnt easy to land. it’s ppl easily walking into them.
legit JRs aim and have the hardest weapon to hit consistently.

2 Likes

I’d recommend rereading the thread title.

1 Like

pretty sure he’s referring to the 50% damage boosts, in which case they do 210 damage headshots

he is a spam hero whether you like or not, that’s how you get riptires quick enough

you even spam at tanks because “predicting” your shots at squshies is nearly impossible unless they’re 3 meter in front of you or is just pure luck

It matters not if junk users have skilled shots or not. Junks style is on surpressive fire which means some portion of shots inflict damage on unintended targets ajd feels random. The lingering effect of them means it sux to die to it on a rng like situation. People can get over a headshot from precision hitscan as there is generally less rng feel to it.

That really isn’t the point though, at least not in this context. While it is unfortunate that some people have a negative opinion of Junkrat players as you suggest, the point here is why the developers do not want a boosted Junkrat to one shot people.

Perhaps using the word “spam” has become inflammatory due certain members of the community using it as an insult, but Junkrat can most definitely fill an area with bouncing grenades. That isn’t comparable to the McCree or Ashe in the OP’s post because even if Junkrat misses, his grenade is still a lingering threat to the enemy team.

Because he also does a lot of aoe damage.

You lead your shots, predicting where the person will move. If he’s getting his tire quickly, perhaps you and your team needs to evaluate what the hell they’re doing wrong. The Junkrat shouldn’t be punished with nerfs (and lack of buffs) because people are either:
a) unwilling to watch where they’re going.
b) have the mindset thinking that the can just walk into the area/room a junkrat is spamming into without consequences
c) all of the above

His grenades are so slow and easily avoidable. If people can’t avoid them when they are being spammed for area denial then that’s entirely on the player.

As Chro said the other day, people don’t respect the Junkrat.

And an easily avoidable one at that.

3 Likes