Why 50% boosted junkrat can't one shot?

Junkrat has to aim with his reticle not on you. That is literally how he aims. His reticle is a type of aim for guns but other shooting games would have a silhouette of how the bomb is going to move… It’s sorta stupid a bomb won’t one shot when boosted.

It bounces 3 times. It’s not rng it’s physics >.> they do not go in any random direction when they hit 3 surfaces they detonate. Fact is you have to aim and count for where they will bounce in your head. And if you are shooting over surfaces where you can’t see you got to envision the map in your head and predict where they will go.

Well most of the Junkrat players say by themselves that they don’t know what they’re doing that they’re so effective atm, when McCree and Ashe has to know exactly what they’re doing, where they’re standing and how to shoot.

[insert doing maths equations meme]

LULed at this way more than I should.
It’s as much skill as Winston jumping his targets.

Junkrat does aim I agree but the nature of his bombs makes them somewhat random so it is a different type of aim from widow for example

Junkrat is about physics. Arching, and to do range damage you literally have to look up away from your target. Honestly taking a trigonometry class and physics class helps you understand how to aim with junkrat, it’s not rng. As well as remembering map layout

1 Like

…and Pharah using concision blast to move faster to desired location.

Junkrat’s optimum range is close to middle. It’s very difficult to land consistent shots vs playing somebody like McCree. Yes its annoying when a Junkrat lands a long range bomb to 1 shot you, but Hanzo can do exactly the same thing. Except better and more often.

It’s like these people have never played this game before.

1 Like

I think because with one of them you have to click the head. (Also Mccree neds a Nano Boost to do so)

Play Mcree then? If it’s so much easier

Junk is not a precision hero. He is a spam hero. You can get lots of direct hits without aiming from behind cover. You can’t have a dmg booster junk spamming over a wall and one shotting people lol

Not every hero is for everything

Low rank thoughts, like that should EVER matter

Funny joke on current JR

Again, just like everyone else, you seem to be ignoring two key differences Junk has with everyone else.

1. Headshots. With McCree or Ashe or Hanzo or anyone, you don’t do max potential damage if you don’t hit that (usually) small crit box. But Junkrat? He just needs to land a hit literally anywhere, and it will always do the full damage, letting even bad aim and lucky hits eventual one shot. Just barely hit the elbow? Max damage. Staring at the floor the entire time and only aim for the toes? Max damage.

2. The lingering effect of the Grenades. Regardless of how easy you believe they are to avoid, fact of the matter is Junk does his job well by making an entire area dangerous to go through, and one misstep can cost you. And going back to how the explosions work, it also means even when he completely misses, he still has a chance to do absolute full damage to an enemy due to no direct play of his own.

That sort of leniency does not belong on a hero that can one shot the majority of the roster.

2 Likes

they need to headshot.

Because Junkrat’s would’ve still been able to one shot people after they hit the ground. That would just be a pain, because of the way they’re changing how damage boost interacts with projectiles.

Fam… if you aim them directly at people, you are going to miss. You sort of have to predict where they might be or try to force them onto other grenades. I am not trying to say his spam is not skillful, it is hard to use at higher levels. But you still have to spam to get a volume of explosives out. He is NOT a precision character at anything but the closest ranges. I respect Junkrat that do that. I am just tired of getting killed behind walls because Junkrat literally missed the broad side of a barn going for a wall bounce. Numbani first… ugh.

You mean on any rank?

It’s very easy to avoid junkrat’s pills. It is entirely dependent on if your opponent decides to change direction from your prediction or not–and considering how damn slow the pills are, there’s a fair amount of distance ahead of the target that you have to consider as junkrat–therefore even a slight adjustment in movement can result in avoiding the damage entirely.

Hitscan however–it is irrelevant to position. If your cursor is over the target as you shoot, you will hit. How is that “harder”? That is guaranteed value given competency is present. With junkrat it doesn’t matter how competent you are, if your opponents are smart they will be able to avoid being hit.

If junkrat’s pills traveled faster, and had their old projectile size, perhaps there would not be such a problem with consistency. The direction that junk is being taken on ptr is not good in the long run.
I heavily disagree with the damage being increased further, I want to see junk have consistency.

Junkrat’s pills travel at 17.5 meters/s. That is obscenely low.

3 Likes

Because when McCree and Ashe hit you it’s deliberate 80-90% of the time. You cannot tell me that spam simulator.exe is the same.

ba-BAM! No truer truth than that.

2 Likes

Maybe at higher ranks, but lower ranks or newer players just spam in the general direction of the enemy team.