Who is responsible for brig nerf

all useless against the goats comp she enables.

1 Like

I’m still waiting for jeff kaplain to chime in and say " I am"

3 Likes

Meh, my bet is on that certain dev thats infamous among Blizz communities. Im not gonna name any names but my hint would be they worked on HoTs before coming in to OW. And they were infamous in HotS because of their bad balancing.

2 Likes

I highly doubt they would suggest lowering bash to 5 instead of stupidly long cooldowns or single digit HP. This is a very roundabout and WTF way of nerfing a character, which is very blizzard.

LMFAO omg this post <3 take my love sir/ma’am

2 Likes

Funny that all those heroes have under 1% pick rates at gm, must be real strong vs the meta brig plays in.

Hmm looks like they’ve really improved, these look like some great changes!

3 Likes

Is that solely because of Brig though or because tanks do a bit to much damage and sustain is to high?

So are we nerfing based on 1% of the playerbase, because Goats isnt popular outside of maybe masters+ from what I hear…

her damage made it possible to drop dps from triple tank comps in favor of another support. yes it is because of brig.

support power creep is definitely a factor, but its not what enables goats.

I mentioned gm because that is where the meta is run the most, that is where brig is strongest due to the meta. Even across all ranks those heroes you mentioned are among the least played dps heroes.

So Brigs damage alone was what made it possible despite Zarya having the highest potential DPS in the game at 100 charge and Rein out damaging Brig as well? If ut truly was just Brigs damage carrying it I doubt losing 45 dmg once every six seconds us going to change thats especially since her healing was buffed.

@Vince Be interested in knowing why they’re the least played when all of them have favorable matchups into Brig and again if the meta was only relevant to 1% of the playerbase is it fair to nerf based on that? We have options to counter if they arent played thats on the playerbase. Not the devs.

no it wasn’t just her damage. it was her ult, her passive healing, her stuns and her damage combo that made goats comp possible because the more you brawl the more you sustain.

it makes running dps into goats possible because she cant one shot combo them into tucking and running.

reaper can push into a goats comp now and shred them because brig cant put him down to 95 health. junkrat can out damage her if she comes at him because her combo wont out damage him

taking away her damage, makes dps a threat to the comp again, because brig can no longer beat them in a duel.

2 Likes

Reaper has issues with armor just like Tracer and Reaper has always struggled with chewing through multiple tanks at a time. Otherwise we would be seeing him more now.

What im saying with the picks I mentioned none of them had to duel Brig at all because they stayed out of her effective range. If Brig cant brawl, Brig cant heal right?

I have the perfect thing for the brig nerf just watch from 0:00 to 0:19

his issues with armor do not stop him from being the second best at dealing with tanks in the game. He cant do that because brig will trash him.

so just never contest the payload? just never get on point! never have a team fight! just let them win! genius!

1 Like

I would like to know this too, and give that person a hug

1 Like

Which is why I didnt mention him in the list, he still gets countered by Brig and weather Brig is killing him or not she still checks him just like Tracer.

That last half of you’re statement is a reach and you know it.

Im not saying brig must be nerfed or not nerfed. But that keeping distance is a great idea if we do not have to …carry a payload, control a point etc. Same happened with junkrat before, a lot of people said we just needed to avoid the nanes and the mines. With all the allys, all the narrow spaces, and the need to reach a point an area denial makes that not so simple.

Apart of that I would not ask for nerfs for a character. I really believe though that the last characters released by Blizzard were simply really bad designed. Also the reworks made to them.
From that starting point, buff a kit a little…is OP, nerf it a little put her to the ground. And thats what Blizzard devs do better, go from one extreme to the other.

One person is enough to push a payload while the others create space in certain context.

The point is the same way you dont need to be on it to control it exactly.

Also im only speaking about the picks I mentioned who can play out of her range, teo of which can displace Brig. You still have 4 other people to potentially contest.