Who is responsible for brig nerf

I would like to know who thought it was a good idea to nerf her bash to 5 damage? It might as well be a melee with that pitiful amount of damage. You can not nerf a character because people don’t understand keeping distance so you won’t get killed. If she combos you, you’re too close. That’s like getting rid of headshots because someone keep getting killed by them. 50 to 5 damage is too much of a nerf and you might as well get rid of the ability if that’s the case.

Brigitte is meant to be a hybrid. Meaning she should be able to protect herself while healing. Reducing her damage is making her unbalanced. You already nerfed her shield health, that was the line right there.

The only solution I have to this is lowering the cooldown on her repair packs so she can dish out more healing rather than needing her shield bash.

Brig was perfectly fine before.

29 Likes

Not sure, but I would assume that twitch streamers, the #DELETEBRIG movement, and other Top 500 players who were vocal about her being “unfun to play against” like Seagull and Effect, would make for pretty good candidates. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

22 Likes

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/300x300/71687478.jpg

98 Likes

Melee does 25 damage though right, aside from Rein.

1 Like

If im not mistaken, its actually 30dmg for standard melee.

Fun fact as well, other forms of stun aside from Ana (since hers is like 5s stun) does more than 25dmg. Flashbang does 25dmg while Hook does 30dmg.

13 Likes

Also 90% of the OW community :wink:

21 Likes

And flash does 10, not 25.

Seems to line up

1 Like

Erm Flashbang does 25dmg, not 10dmg. Im looking at the Overwatchpedia unless i missed a nerf he got to flashbang awhile back.

h ttps://overwatch.gamepedia.com/McCree#Flashbang

I think youre referring to D.va boop since out of everyone, her boop is the only thing I can think of that does 10dmg.

3 Likes

I just verified it on the practice range too. Flashbang deals 25 damage.

Hmmm yes yes so you mean to tell me that a judo kick from an omnic with a god complex does more damage then someone bashing you with a rocket powered shield?!

My immersion is ruined.

1 Like

Idk, seems like a rocket powered shield damage is as fragile as Sombra’s small translocator.

2 Likes

You may thank the Brig abusers who exploited a broken hero to the last SR.

Yup. A tank support hybrid. Last I checked, neither tanks nor supports were supposed to have a damage burst combo that can bust down heroes with minimum amounts of skill, and her shield bash can still protect herself while healing. The CC and the threat of the CC is still there. You just cannot capitalize on it as a support on your own, which makes sense

16 Likes

What does Mercy main know about how to keep a distance and how to play against her?

2 Likes

So basically part of the community, which they have all the right to share their opinions.

ohh and

14 Likes

yeah man she just rendered every dps obsolete in the game, shes totally fine

14 Likes

True feelsbadman and I play Sombra more than Brig.

I believe it was Blizzard but it could’ve been EA or Valve

5 Likes

Pharah?
Junkrat?
Mei?
Torb?
Bastion?
Ashe?

1 Like

dude no, it was obviously Bethesda! they want all the brig mains to leave OW for fallout!

2 Likes

I think PVPTwitch is the reason this nerf happened.

He didn’t like how good Brig is at dueling, and being an ambush predator.

2 Likes