Who else actually LIKES the hero bans?

Everyone has to play heroes they are not used to if a popular hero gets banned. Get over it. If you are at a disadvantage because you play that one hero all the time start expanding your pool. You’ll adapt.

I for one like how things can actually die now.

2 Likes

Oh no. Not learning the game! Anything but that

3 Likes

Yes, and that puts teams at a disadvantage.

Easy for you to say.

I wasn’t talking about myself. I’ve played all the heroes. I know which ones I’m good with and which ones I’m not.

Regardless, it still means players will be playing heroes they’re unfamiliar with or not good with in Competitive, and that’s not a good state of affairs.

No, that person being a one-trick puts the team at a disadvantage.

2 Likes

They shouldn’t be doing it in Competitive where players are expected to be playing at their best.

But that’s exactly what hero bans are doing, resulting in a very poor state of affairs for Competitive this season.

1 Like

“Play at their best” isn’t just allowing them to default to the hero that works best for them on average rather than for the game. I support it because too many people one-trick, and they should derank because of it.

It does not.

I’d much rather someone play the hero they’re best at in Competitive than play a hero they’re unfamiliar with or just not good with.

They’re far more likely to do better with the hero they’re best at than a hero they’re not good with.

2 Likes

And what happens when they’re hard-countered?

In that case it’s a very good thing you’re not an Overwatch developer then.

1 Like

The problem with hero bans now is not who got banned in terms of heroes, but numbers in roles

1/16 dps banned
1/8 tanks banned
2/7 supports banned

Come on. This is what you do to make role q times for dps go faster?

They banned my main hero (rein) and i dont care about it much. But like come on, ideas like that hurt my brain.

1 Like

Grow up and get over it.

1 Like

That’s what teamwork is for.

It is a team game, after all.

Toxic much?

And I think the same of you.

One-tricking specifically denies people from learning the ins and outs of other characters. it’s the reason so many people struggle against Mei, because they believe they should just be able to shooty-shooty her to death rather than actually learning the game

IMO, Hero Pools are a tacit admission by Blizzard that they have no idea how to balance the game. They continue to refuse to listen to those that know their roles best (ie: not the forums) and instead keep catering to the loudest whiners (ie: the forums) while attempting to put their own ‘spin’ on things. They’re unable to predict the effects that their changes will have on the meta and are unwilling to admit their mistakes and revert bad changes in a timely manner.

2 Likes

So, I should have to change my playstyle because someone on my team selfishly refuses to play anyone else. Sure.

And what if everyone there is a one-trick?

Some of you are just so predictable.

But it’s completely their prerogative if they want to play just the one character and you do not have the right to tell them otherwise.

That’s quite assumptive of you.

I like it, like having to play around it.