Who else actually LIKES the hero bans?

No you don’t. Anyone can abuse the reporting system by submitting false reports.

You wouldn’t know because Blizzard do not make bans public nor do they allow discussion of bans on the forums.

They are not. They have admitted smurfing is an issue and are looking into ways to resolve it.

Source ?
They have said that alt accounts are fine.
Throwing to stay at a low rank is reportable.
Someone being better than you is also allowed, they will rank up.

Hate it. Accidentally queued as support and had to use Baptiste. I am disgusted.

I haven’t played competitive in years, I plan on actually placing with Reinhardt gone.

What is SUPER funny about that… Is without Reinhardt around, you would actually WANT Zen, Brig, and Lucio since they work WAY better than a Reinhardt-less Ana

Like the last week in OWL, Zen and Brig were the most used supports since Reinhardt was banned

Someone being better than you because they’re playing in a rank far below their regular rank is not allowed, as that gives them an unfair advantage, and according to Blizzard anything that gives an unfair advantage is cheating.

Only people below Masters can even enjoy these bans.

This hero ban is stupid . It creates conflicts and toxicity .
People have their main hero that is now banned and the other healer takes your’e main hero nr 2 and people start hating each other and you have to play a hero you cannot play giving you a loss and bad score .

This hero ban kills the game, playing competitive was fun but not when I cannot play my hero or can only choose 1 of my main hero’s risking the other player in the role will take it. I will not play competitive this season and if this will be like this again I will lose interest in this game

The first week i wasn’t sure, but this second week has been really good. The tanks and supports control the meta, with some core healers banned the game feels very refreshing and free while there still being team work and comps to play in.

same would go to you then huh. how do u know its a problem if u dont even know false reporting is getting anyone banned. u know they have a threshold. 1 report isn’t going to get u banned. u need a lot of them. there’s already a system in place so u cant abuse it.
they say you are innocent until proven guilty. so if ur gonna say that then u need the evidence to back it up.

pretty sure they are. a alt account is a smurf. they are ok with it.
u have to be really gullible to believe that PR talk. there is nothing you can do, its just to put faith in low rank players that 1 day, it might go away. u really think the greedy activision blizzard is going to say don’t buy the game again, we hate money. there is too many players to manually look at peoples games and come out and say hey this might be a smurf. it could be a lucky game. it could be a smurfs bad game. its too complicated to find them out. u cant lock people into 1 account cuz i’m pretty sure it’s against the government and stuff. think they can only get u out of rewards like top500 (but u can just use someone else’s information, like a Mom, dad brother)

Imagine playing that mode with Zarya, Sym, Doomfist and Ana. :joy:

Incorrect.

I do know because I’ve experienced it first-hand.

There was also the Torb one-trick streamer Fuey500 who was falsely reported & banned.

And who can forget xQc false reporting live on stream.

I never said it did.

Incorrect. Smurfs and toxic players regularly abuse the reporting system.

I don’t need to prove anything to some random person on the Internet.

They are not. Jeff has acknowledged that it’s a problem and they’re looking into solutions.

Love the idea. I always felt comp needed more structure and rule sets to separate it more from “Just like QP with golden guns” to “This is comp, play as a team.”

Map pools give you more time practicing on the same maps for a season.

Hero pools thins out the one tricks, meta slaves and makes teams experiment with new compositions.

Since you know both teams are locked into 222 you know the type of compositions that’ll be used, so there’s no blindside of 5 dps and a Lúcio or Goats.

Bans can also gauge unique stats and conditions that can’t be normally met. Like with antiheal gone how do other supports fair? Is is Reinhardht an overbuffed Juggernaut or are the other tanks too weak to fend him off?

I actually like this week’s ban and It’s a true shame I won’t be able to play as much this week.

I think this was just a unique case to test the strength of other healers. Maybe to see if stacked aoe heals are too strong, is solo healers viable, antinade being removed, strong ranged healing too and how much difference does that make.

Either that or trying to make sustained damage more viable :thinking:

I’m just not expecting them to ban 2 tanks though. At least not yet anyway :man_shrugging:

I dislike anything that limits the content to an already limited game thanks to role queue.

I’m not a fan of hero pools whatsoever; its a lazy way to ignore balance.

2 Likes

i consider those bans justified. ur in competitive, if ur soft throwing the game it should be ok to report them. if ur gonna do that go to qp. thats why its there.
here’s an example. if ur team refuses to get a hitscan, dva, or shield against a pharah mercy who makes the game a stomp, would u think thats ok?

normal players don’t experience this. u need to do something that aggravates every team pretty much.

so dont tell me to prove something that u need to prove happens.

i don’t know if ur new, but yes they are. if they weren’t then wouldnt every steamer be perma banned by now. they are just not ok with playing on ur smurf if ur already banned.

Funny since there’s a lot of support and tank mains screaming for DPS heroes to be made into F-tier.

Well, you’re not Blizzard, so it doesn’t matter what you consider justified or not.

FYI Blizzard quickly reversed the ban so the reports obviously were not justified.

Except he wasn’t throwing, hence why Blizzard reversed the ban.

Link to Jeff admitting smurfing is a problem and that they’re working on solutions:

He would defend anyone who is being even looked at funny. I’ve had these arguments over and over with people. Having more than 3 or so characters that you can switch to is healthy because it helps your games and makes the game more enjoyable for everyone. If someone else can’t play a hitscan then you can, if the other tank can’t play shield well, then you can. He did say that it’s a team game right? But it seems like it’s only when it’s convenient for him, switching for the betterment of a team in a competitive environment even though you may have less fun for the moment is horrible and should never be done, nevermind the other 5 players on your team in a team based game, they should learn to play around you because that’s what being a one trick boils down to.

1 Like

The difference is the devs regularly go through with it on tanks and supports, while mostly giving minor tweaks to DPS heroes. Sombra, Symmetra, and Bastion being the exceptions for DPS.