While the Mercy players are sorting themselves out:

They’re probably going to “Mercy” him like they did Angela and Symmetra.

How do they “Mercy” a hero you ask? They put the ultimate into a cool-down ability slot; and take a cool-down ability, kind of boost it in some way, and slap that on as the ultimate.

So in the case of Torb, they’ll put Molten Core on E where it will only boost Torb but not his turret, and for his ult he’ll give everybody in a certain range from himself 50 Armor.

2 Likes

Fixed that for you.

It’s almost like Mercy is too powerful, so she gets nerfed.

1 Like

Sombra says hello LOUDLY!

2 Likes

Two or more houses are on fire.
Does house A burning invalidate house B’s problems?

3 Likes

Depends on whether or not House A’s inhabitants burned some toast while House B’s inhabitants are trying to sift through the ashes to find what isn’t destroyed.

Shame. All we want is for her to be balanced so everyone ends up happy. Not just one side.

Others are bad we know, but Blizzard messed up with her, and needs to fix her.

It’s almost like the Mercy players are complaining because they see the hero becming a chore to play because that’s how weak the base kit has to be for rezz and Valk to be balanced. And are wanting either a revert to soemthing that while frustrating was still D tier anywhere Ana was even playable or a rework from the ground up

1 Like

So Mercy mains want a less viable Mercy, all because she has more buttons to use and therefor a ‘chore’ to play?

I personally wouldn’t mind seeing rez put back as an ult and nerfed a bit (with mini-valk on E maybe), but the ability (rez) as a whole is just silly.

i’m fairly certain Mercy has received more nerfs then any other character in this series. (though I don’t have the numbers to back this up so I might be wrong)

1 Like

Wow that got dark really quickly

Mercy mains “we have been waiting a year”

Bastion mains “we have been waiting a year and a half”

1 Like

Please remember that we are all victims of Blizzard’s horrible balancing in one way or another. Hanzo mains don’t revel in the fact they are now one of the most hated heroes in the game, neither do Mercy mains. On the other side of the coin Bastion, Sombra, Torb and Sym players have been struggling with f-tier kits for some time now. Caught in between are the characters like McCree, Soldier and Pharah who are okay but need minor improvements to stay competitive.

Perhaps now would be the perfect time to stop segregating ourselves and work together in order to achieve what want?

6 Likes

Someone who gets it. We need to be getting blizzard’s attention on all of these heroes. I dont care where they start but fix your sh!t.

:no_mouth:

I don’t know where you’re going with that so I’ll just put this to you in a simple question

When this newest nerf proves to be ineffective at dethroning Mercy from her neigh must pick status where should the devs go from there, what could they nerf that won’t feel horrible to the player. Screw with the fluid movement that is one of the only reasons people still enjoy her, lower her healing even more?

Any nerf they give to her now will severely hamper how fluid the hero plays and everyone is certain she will need more nerfs, hence the Mercy player outcry for a revert or a rework

1 Like

Lol what you said is the most bluntly true thing I have ever read on these forums, and you are going to get absolutely shredded for it.

RIP Brother.

Hmm I really wonder what they could have removed from her kit that could have made her more fun to play against?

It’s like this ultimate that made you had another team fight because someone lshifted up to a dead corpse and pressed q.

Oh and they got POTG! Awesome…

I got an idea, maybe they could not make her a main healer since those are clearly not an ideal hero design philosophy and give her more offense for her to do more than healing one person and acting like they’re entitled the whole game.

I have no idea what you’re ranting about
A minor cast time would have fixxed the problem of the mass rez entirely, the only problem with it was the lack of counterplay so make it require melee range on a soul and then give it a 1 second cast time boom problem solved
Then give her that E ability to actually buff her now that it’s okay to make her a decent pick that way she can compete against an Ana that hasn’t been gutted.

I think “sorting themselves out” is an appropriate way to put it. Ever see the episode of spongebob where all the inner workings of his brain are just a bunch of him running around in a panic? That about sums it up.

Where was I going with it? Drawing a line between how a hero is balance between its feel and viability. Obviously we want balance + fun to play, and I think that’s what Blizzard is going for, but the players commenting on her state often lean towards one side.

Then they don’t screw with it.

I know you’re just giving examples, but this is pretty baseless.

This is an assumption you cannot make. Overwatch has a history of heroes who everyone hated becoming background characters eventually (Hog, Dva, McCree, etc…)

Eventually they will get it, which is why I want them to continue making small changes within 2-3 months rather than waiting 6 months to do anything.

Now, as for the question? I’ve disliked how necessary rez is, so I’m not 100% keen on keeping it, but assuming we do…I’d do ONE of these changes:

1. Ressurect cooldown increased to 40 seconds.
    or
  2. Mercy starts regenerating health after 2 seconds instead of 1.

Those are the two things I’d try. Nerfing Rez CD makes more sense since it’s the main problem, but then again, having strengths is normal in Overwatch so I can’t be 100% sure.

They didn’t even tyr to sugarcoat their last set of nerfs when they said “we just gotta nerf her” there was no decree for the feel of a hero then and there isn’t any feel for how the hero plays now. Of course they can’t talk about how fun it is to pla ya hero because if they did they’d have to admit they are failures and this rework should be destroyed all together

THe Self Regen, yes because that was never a problem for survivability
The rez nerf is the only thing they can do, would it fix the problem, well I mean it means using that god awful ability less so it’d make her semi more fun I guess but would it balance I don’t know
Are blizzard smart enough to do something like that over a GA nerf, I doubt it.

And when you say eventually they’ll get it
They have ahd a whole year to try and get it and they’ve failed miserably, the community hates her, Mercy players hate playing her this is just a mess and needs to be destroyed

1 Like