Which places work and don't for prepaid --- WIKI

I’m sure RobotWizard would be happy for you to edit the first post. The more information, the better!

2 Likes

so it is only prepaid services (ie some but not all of them) that dont work?

said another way, are there any regular plans that dont work?

overwatchers helping overwatchers. y’all are too cute and pure :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

Cricket & Metro are both “regular plans” that are having issues connecting. I’m apparently the outlier that had it simply just work, but is probably due to the fact that I set up SMS auth years ago.

Metro by T-Mobile is an American prepaid wireless service provider and brand owned by T-Mobile US. It previously operated the fifth largest mobile telecommunications network in the United States using code-division multiple access.

Sadly, Metro is considered pre-paid

I’m sure they have prepay options, but I’m on unlimited talk/text/data plan with them and get a monthly bill. And yet, my number works.

1 Like

Metro by T-Mobile is a pre-paid dealer because you don’t have a contract assigned to your account like a post-paid provider, therefore your plan is considered to be pre-paid. People who have their numbers verified already in the system before this change seem to be verified still, and people who are trying to verify their Metro numbers after the change are getting the error, “Please enter a post-paid phone number.”

Just as a second note, Metro by T-Mobile is a pre-paid phone company. If you entered your Metro number in and it verified after the system change, then consider yourself lucky, because most Metro users aren’t able to…

Do we know if Simyo works in the Netherlands? I have it linked to my Blizzard account but i don’t know if that’s good enough

I’m on a monthly cricket plan which does not work.

I was recently offered to join someone’s T-Mobile family plan, though. Does anyone know if my number would still not work since it was previously used on Cricket’s network?

It’s nuts because Cricket is a huge source of phone service for the US. I’m surprised they aren’t allowing that.

3 Likes

You can also add Vodafone, Telekom and o2 (Prepaid) from Germany to the list :smiley:

1 Like

exactly! and T-mobil now owning Metro PCS you’d think they’d be allowed in at least?

I just got done speaking to rep at Metro and she said they are indeed a pre paid company. The woman was actually a gamer herself and she said they most likely want post paid people because it is more of a gaurentee that the number is locked in for them as opposed to paying whenever and getting rid of the number whenever they want through pre paid services since she said most drop pre paid services.

she said the only options would be to either change providers or buy a cheap phone, find a cheap post paid service, get the number and then use it that way but she said you’d still be needing to dish out some money for it monthly if they are gonna check it all of the time so it might not be worth paying extra.

1 Like

I…didn’t even think about that.

Metro PCS is like, a very common plan in the US, too.

1 Like

it is! which is why i’m even surprised. im frustrated though. i want people to have fun fair games without hackers, smurfs etc. literally, that would be amazing, but when you are on the other side, knowing you can’t play, it is hard to not be upset especially when others make you feel you aren’t worth anything but fodder to help make the game better for them even though you put blood, sweat and tears into the game just as much as they.

3 Likes

Hello, I have a question does AT&T work? I asking because im on an AT&T family plan and before this update I already have my phone number verified when I first made my blizzard account when Overwatch launched and I’m still on that AT&T family plan and still have that exact phone number so im all set to play ow2 right? Because on my security check up I have all Green checks for Email verified, Authorization attached, and Phone number verified.

1 Like

Idk why they would let mint mobile through though and not metro PCS, something doesn’t make sense

1 Like

Yeah, you don’t have to do anything.

1 Like

Anyone know if US - ATT prepaid works?

I think their biggest concern should be more addressed and that is the actual coverage maps.

See, back in 2019 before the Pandemic, we had where the companies were deactivating towers and supposed to move everything from CDMA to 4G- LTE and 5G. But the problem is, those change-overs never fully were finished in the midwest.

now, there ARE very LARGE areas that exist, where this coverage doesn’t exist , regardless. for actual 4/5G coverage, those are MAJOR areas in the US that are incomplete cellular infrastructure. Blizzard has completely erased us users from the game. They just don’t want to address it, because they could care less. So October 4th roles around. I am gone, and It looks like on the maps, many others will soon be too.

I think it is safe to say that Blizzard is very out of touch with this community and extremely selfish to do so. because especially when they are DEMANDING that numbers are cross referenced to a specific carier, and if that carrier decides NOT to divulge that information. They just won’t honor it.

That said, I think if NON RETAIL versions of Overwatch suddenly flood the internet and are available, thats on them. because they should have known better.

Cricket Wireless user here. So did I just get banned from Overwatch for committing the crime of being low income? There HAS to be a workaround for this. Honestly If I had more notice i’d switch carriers but its a WEEK before launch! I’m furious. 6 years I put into this game.

6 Likes