Which places work and don't for prepaid --- WIKI

I use Giffgaff and I have my phone number linked to my Blizzard account. Yesterday I checked to see if I can recieve SMS notifications from Blizzard and I can indeed.

1 Like

I’m on Giffgaff and get the error saying pre-paid numbers aren’t allowed.

1 Like

I stuck Virgin Media (UK) on that list since it works for me. It didn’t initially but I guess I made a typo while linking my phone number, since it worked the second time IIRC. Confusingly, it gave me an error message saaying my number was pre-paid so I don’t know, maybe I didn’t actually make a typo and the linking system is actually a bit unreliable?

1 Like

I’m on iD - monthly contract - and it doesn’t work for me. Asks me to “please enter a post-paid phone number.”

From the UK btw

2 Likes

(and shouldn’t!, which is funny)

Could you not, considering this is likely my only avenue to being able to play?

2 Likes

Telefonica in Germany is O2. A major carrier. Why would they block that when prepaid numbers are the same as post paid.

Are these all prepaid or postpaid? I think it would be helpful to split the working numbers into prepaid/postpaid as well as numbers that don’t seem to work.

Metro by T-Mobile isn’t working (used to be called MetroPCS).

3 Likes

Update!

So I’m on iD mobile and my number didn’t work. So I tried my mums who is on the same provider and hers worked? What the actual?

3 Likes

Can confirm pre-paid works for Brazil. At least for me.

I have no idea why I’m the outlier when it comes to Cricket/Metro working. I originally added my mobile number years ago (Probably ~5?) when it was a cricket number, worked fine. It’s now a metro number, still works fine. Authenticator app also works fine. I’m in burgerland, too.

Can someone who has cricket or metro try setting up their mobile authenticator BEFORE trying to set up SMS? Maybe that’s the key. It would be stupid if true, but might be worth a try.

Right, there’s something wrong with their phone verification thing or whatever. There’s no way there isn’t.

As I said previously, I tried my number and it didn’t work. So tried my mums - who has a contract, like mine, with the same provider and everything - and hers worked. So I deleted that number to try my own again. No luck. So went to add my mums number back again - and that number no longer works now :rofl: Even though it did previously.

So there’s no way it can be working properly

5 Likes

currently it seems that from me (Italy) Poste mobile and Vodafone works for this battlenet account. in reality I would also add the Tim, Wind and Iliad services because in Italy we have most of the banking and postal services strictly connected to the mobile number.

However, it would be REALLY curious to see in this list the difference in the service offered by all authorized operators and what others lack, so as not to generate confusion with the term “prepaid” (which so far seems to be the DISPOSABLE TELEPHONE).

I’m pretty sure the issue is that you can’t re-add the same number within a set period of time. I think they mentioned this on either the SMS guide or the news update. Something to do with preventing bad actors from getting banned then immediately reusing the same # on a new account. I’d contact support and see if they can lift the number restriction so you can re-add it.

Still, I agree and do believe that the system is a buggy, broken mess that was never tested properly, and should have been. They shouldn’t have shoved it out a week before launch and hoped for the best.

3 Likes

Ah right I didn’t know that, guess I can try that. Just thought it was weird that when I tried to re enter my Mums number I get the same “Please enter a post-paid phone number.” Which I get when I try to enter my own, but it didn’t say that the first time I tried hers and it worked then.

The system does seem super buggy. They’ve got to do something about it because I feel like a lot of people are going to have problems with this and aren’t going to be able to play.

2 Likes

It seems insane to me that they’ve essentially left it until one week from launch to officially talk about phone verification. I’m some weirdo who haunts internet forums so I heard about the phone verification stuff and managed to work it out some months ago, but for the remaining 99.99% of humanity this is all very last minute.

“If I only had a brain,” said the scarecrow. “If I only had a heart,” said the tin man. “If I only had the nerve,” said the cowardly lion. “If I only had a mouth,” said Blizzard.

7 Likes

how to check if your phone provider works ?

by just succesfully adding the phone number into your account ?

I’m just honestly starting to get really ****** off with it to be honest. I don’t get how 2 numbers which are both contracted to the same provider, can be different as to where one works and the other doesn’t? And then when trying to re-add the number that did work, it no longer does?

I just know there’s gonna be people who try doing this on launch day and they’re going to have trouble. Good luck Blizzard :+1:

4 Likes

That’s what I did, yeah.

If it comes up with an error message about being a pre-paid thingummy, don’t take it at face value like I did. Instead, try re-entering your number, since you might have simply made a typo and the error message has it all wrong.

There is nothing on God’s green earth that’s as infuriating as tech issues.

2 Likes

so it’s fine if i edited the post ? i haven’t seen my country and phone service added yet