Which hero actually needs a rework in your opinion and why?

change her so that she does not live or die to those headshots.
she should remain a sniper but maybe with unique ammo and timed abilities that allows simple body shots to be useful but not so devastating as to 1 shot kill across the map.

Thats just lame IMO.
Could also give her abilities like sticking unto walls or smoke grenades and whatever else to get her our of this stationary headshotting turret.

A bolt-action style rifle could be fun.

1 Like

Imma say bastion since he is the worst hero in the game

The major issue with Widow is that her best counter isn’t actually a Genji or Winston, it’s another widow and it turns the 6v6 match into a 1v1 duel. Hopefully that changes with Hammond.

Personally I’d change doomfist as he’s been a buggy mess of a hero since launch and the game already had 2 fast moving dps heros, we didn’t need a third. I don’t know why blizzard thought making a hero that can actually juggle you was a good idea.

I agree but with hammond the widows that were already struggling would be dead in the water.

Widow maker essentially becomes “grandmasters only” hero or otherwise a throw in anything for the lower bracket.

Have you ever played a any other FPS in your life? Any FPS with a sniper, the sniper has a 1 shot ability. This isnt anything new. Snipers are not suppose to do tickle damage. They are suppose to 1 shot. You cant punish people for learning and practicing the character to actually be viable with her and have good aim.

Try her out, see if you can climb with her and dominate the enemy team. When you see a widow dominating its because the Widow is good or your team is not focusing her.
The death of Dive meta is why Widow is popular now. Not because she is OP.
DVA, Winston, Genji, Tracer, are not in every game harassing and killing the Widow anymore. Thats why she is suddenly popular, not because she is broken or got a buff.
Hammond also is a good counter to her. And when the new Dive meta hits soon, she will go back to not being picked as much.
Again you cant punish skill just because it “feels” bad to get killed over and over’

Bastion

Either this

Or this:

Sentry Revert
  • Configuration Sentry
    • Reduce maximum spread to 2° (Currently 3°)
    • Bloom added to weapon
      • Initial accuracy of 1.25°, bloom starts after 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
      • Reaches 2° after 0.3 seconds of additional continuous fire
    • Headshots added
    • Ammo count reduced to 200 (Currently 300)
  • Ironclad
    • Passive damage resist removed
    • Only applies during self-repair
    • Damage resistance increased to 25%
  • Self-repair
    • No longer consumes resources when it cannot heal Bastion
    • Starts healing instantly instead of having an 0.5 second delay
    • Able to reload while repairing
    • Applies Ironclad for duration of repair
  • Configuration Tank
    • No self damage
    • Tread sounds reduced slightly
    • Adds 150 armor

Would be really nice… If they don’t want to give his full damage potential back, then replace the Sentry mode part with this:

Slight Sentry nerf
  • Configuration Sentry
    • Damage reduced to 12
    • Headshots added
    • Bloom added to weapon
      • Initial accuracy of 1.25°, bloom starts after 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
      • Reaches a maximum of 2° after 0.3 seconds of additional continuous fire
    • Ammo reduced to 250
    • Deals 25% bonus damage to barriers

Oh, so you’re in the camp of the game being more ability based than FPS based

yes I have and I still stand by my statement.
Widowmaker is somewhat unique.

Hanzo and Ana manage to remain “snipers” but not deal with the same issues as widow.
What I have said is Widow is so one dimensional that her entire gameplay is “Get headshots. Otherwise dont play her”

Thats just insane. No game should enforce that.

winston and mccree. HELLA old and outdated kits. flashbang visually looks like it’s from a 1980s game.

I’m not sure any hero really needs a rework.

Tweaks to stats and stuff is fine, but tearing a hero down and building them up from square one (at this point) is really feeling like a cop-out.

like sombra

or mercy

Mercy does.

That’s it.
Why? Because Blizzard is terrible at reworks. Like just flat terrible at them. They shouldn’t put their rework happy hands near ANYBODY else.

The only reason why I’m making an exception for Mercy is because her last rework left her with an E and Q design that is fundamentally broken and… I don’t think they can make it worse than they already did.

2 Likes

LOL :laughing: what? Ill ask again, have you ever played another FPS before with a sniper class? You know that thats what Sniper are suppose to do right?

And yeah every game with a Sniper class enforces that.

Also…

Hanzo and Ana are not true snipers. They are hybrids.
Hanzo is more close to mid range but can still 1 shot though and Ana is a Healer that happens to use a sniper rifle to heal.
Not the same as a true sniper. Widow is the only true sniper in the game.

yes I have. And no. No game enforces to get that 100% headshot rate.
Even body shots are useful and most snipers get other fun abilities that allow them to be useful to their team.
Widow does not have that.
Next question?

and because they want to hold on to rez on E that makes mercy too powerful and easy they nerf and take ALL other things she had from the rework

They wanted to ake away the power from her rez (ult)

now one of the main/only things she will be played for is only her rez (ability)

even the heal nerf doesnt matter with oneshot hero’s like widow and hanzo in the top brackets.

1 Like

Yeah basically.

If you’ve managed to make abilities in a fast paced FPS that can unironically be called “Statue Mode” or “Spectator Mode”… maybe, just maybe that’s a serious problem.

Any game with a sniper can get headshots AND body shots and they both do damage (headshots more of coarse). You dont need 100% headshot rate with Widow. You ever see OWL. Even pro widows only get around 15-30% crit rate, and these are the best in the world Widows. And with that HS %, they are helping their team non the less. Even if they get mostly bodyshots.

Widows Venom mine and Ultimate help her team. She can inform them of the enemies position. She can zone out the enemy team not wanting to be out in the open and force them to be behind shields, messing up their pushes and strats.

She has all that. And people that play her seem to have “fun” as per your requirements.

Lol yes. What would people ever do without that venom mine.
And such a fun ability to use!

He dresses up like a cowboy from 1980 cowboy movies, I think it does fit to his theme. :thinking:

Community about Widowmaker last year : " Dont play Widomaker she is a Troll Pick. Wow we gt a Widow ok guys we are going to lose "

Community after Widowmaker got Meta : " Widowmaker is so broken she ruins the Game plz nerf or Rework her "

:woman_shrugging: