Wheres the patch at

I highly disagree with this

I’m not crazy about logging into a broken patch and losing SR from an experiment either, but please consider OW’s recent (lack of) activity.

It doesn’t just have to be in the main game either; remember the Experimental Card?
I was going to say “remember when they used it to test cool and fun new changes that might not get in”, but that was only like, 3 times before they turned it into a invite-only community project and then gave up entirely.

I’d say the bigger issue is that Blizzard has these conflicting views between “hey we have 10s of millions of players, infrastructure for a PTR and Experimental Card, and people are rapidly losing faith in our design and upkeep, BUT let’s only ever release internally pre-approved changes that we never go back on and make players live in the patch for months”, and then also “ah oops sorry guys the role passive role we gave to more than half our entire roster was kinda lame, let’s test out a new one. oh and also it’s for the entire sequel game. and it releases in a few months”.

Blizzard has always exuded this smugness and pride in the way they design and patch the game, and then they have these “oopsie teehee sorry we made Bastion unkillable for weeks (months on console lol) and forgot to stop Tracer from being able to noclip into cielings despite fans telling us it was on the PTR for a month” moments that no one holds them accountable for.
Overwatch 1, at least, has reached stability at this point, but they NEED experimentation and feedback moving forward. They have no other options but that, or mediocrity and decay.

2 Likes