Where is Jeff Kaplan

I get the feeling it would take something like Blizzard redeeming themselves for Kaplan to come back.

He’ll pop up again at some game studio. These types can’t just retire, they love games too much.

3 Likes

Just let him enjoy his time. He did enough for the industry, I appreciate him but he obviously is done with things.

Y’all have seen him in many different places

1 Like

I certainly do AGREE that Jeff is doing exactly that. HE COULD BE EVEN YOU!! How dare you JEFF. :wink: jk jk.

I have a theory that he “resigned”. From Blizzard. But secretly works in the basement of Blizzard. You know. The room that is behind the bookcase that slides OPEN to the secret room…

:male_detective:

It is so secret that they have an unmarked car that drives To and from the Studio AT NIGHT. They have asset protection services that load him in a trunk that has a removable seat and take him to and from a series of exchange locations before he is returned to and from home each day. In order to protect him from all of the Mercy mains that lost their MASS REZ. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I like this idea. A lot.

Chilling at home, laughing at every new fiasco blizzard squeezes out.

Somebody should link that video of Jeff sitting next to a fireplace and staring into your soul.

kojima :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

and deliver

Maybe that’s what he wants?

I saw him appear on burnt toast.

1 Like

That thought makes me super happy. I’m going to go ahead and believe that after all his time as a game developer, he went back to his roots as a forum troll.

He probably changed his identity and hiding from Bobby Kotick to avoid getting Epsteined.

i know homeboy isn’t talking smack about Radical Heights and Lawbreakers, the Fortnite and Overwatch killers

look for some random player hwo rages at dev’s chocies in game saying he could do it better.

(throw back to his past b4 his Blizzard employment when he made a toxic post)

1 Like

Jeff was a 2 faced cheeseball. Rubbed hands with Alex afrasaibi alot so i have no doubt he knew what was coming. You guys really are blind toward him

He never actually put out a statement regarding the lawsuit , not one acknowledgement. Past blizz employees did,
but where is this guy?

If youre guilty, its smarter to stay hiding

1 Like

I can tell you he ain’t playing the Overwatch 2 beta. And for that, I am sure he is relieved.

1 Like

I think about him from time to time.
Hope he’s happy doing whatever he wants to!
Will pour one out during Xmas for the nostalgia of fireside sits

Uhm i think he is pretty happy to see Overwatch 2.

After all he wanted to see overwatch have less shields, less cc and be a bit more on fps side.

my personal feeling is that i would like to see less barriers and cc and see the game trend slightly more in the fps direction than the moba direction

Not really Jeff Kaplan wanted Ow1 to become something like Overwatch 2.

Less shields, less cc a bit more fps than a moba.

He clearly hoped this in the reddit ama of 2020.

my personal feeling is that i would like to see less barriers and cc and see the game trend slightly more in the fps direction than the moba direction

I think he’s just tired. He’s been doing this for awhile and is almost 50 and has seen his game basically almost die in front of his eyes, and on top of it that he was the vice president of probably the most hated game company on the planet, so even if you didn’t have anything to do with it, people are going to hold you accountable. I think it was for the best, Jeff as the face of overwatch was great but as an actual developer he made a lot of very questionable balance changes that this game has still not recovered from, where as Aaron and his team have done a MUCH better job at balancing the game and 5v5 is great, probably the most fun the game has been in years

1 Like