Where did you get your name from?

My old RuneScape handle.

Always liked the name Fay, so I went with a cool sounding name involving it and the name of our Sun.

From the book, looooooooong time ago.

Not sure if it was FZero, or Dexter’sLab,
But I picked it in the nineties while using a fully hydraulic 3D flight simulator, back when SNES was pretty new.

1 Like

“Kootie” is a childhood nickname whose origins are very much tl;dr.

“-patra” was because I needed a screen name to play Age of Empires (the first one) on LAN with my brother when I was like twelve years old. Obviously I had to use a vaguely historical pun, and Cleopatra was the only female ruler I could think of from antiquity.

1 Like

In college, I lived in an on-campus apartment that was down a very short hill from the parking lot. I’m talking a barely perceptible slope across literally 5 feet.

For some reason, the school felt the need to put a tiny staircase leading from the parking lot to the apartment. I guess during the winter we appreciated that, but in good weather it was very apparent just how useless that staircase was.

Because the staircase served no purpose, my roomates and I had a house-rule that we would always deliberately walk on the hill next to the staircase, rather than actually use it.

One day, one of my roommates used the stairs as we were heading to her car to go to a dining hall or something.

Since this was against the house-rules, I said “Hey! Turn around right now, go back down those stairs, turn right, and go up the hill like a normal person!”

She replied “is it ok if I turn left instead?”, because this is exactly the kind of dumb joke that was typical for the two of us.

I thought about it for a moment, and said, “eh, I’ll accept it.”

I guess I used a bit of an accent when replying, because my friend responded with “did you just say Alex Eptit?”

I laughed, and said “no, but I’m definitely using that for my next character/account name!”

A couple days later I bought Overwatch, and AlexEptit (I’ll accept it) was born!

1 Like

“ChibiFox” used to be my 𝓜𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓬𝓻𝓪𝓯𝓽 username, back in the day… i’ve used it ever since on every forum and website since it’s not usually taken and seems to have fit pretty nicely.

But i’ll let you all in on a very specific secret.
“Ava” is my other username elsewhere, which is part of why i use this Icon on the forums, as it reminds me of the name. it’s not unheard of, but is kind of unique on most games and websites, and is usually not taken, so i feel as though it’s less common than “ChibiFox” The only problem is that it’s too small for most places to accept as a name.

^,^
I don’t think i’ve ever mentioned that name on these forums, though everybody just knows me by this old gamertag.

3 Likes

You are by far my favorite fox on the internet. Firefox doesn’t even come close.

1 Like

My old name was a reference to sonic unleashed, but i really got into overwatch’s lore when i started playing more frequently so i changed my name to a mix of my two favorite characters.

unfortunatly i found out weeks later it’s the name of a certain three way ship and i really don’t want to hand over money to change it :sweat:

Slorpo.

First 40 seconds or so.

My real name is William. When I was 10 years old, you know, what happened after 3H of trying to make a name for myself.

Once apon a time i was an edgy teen, the end.

1 Like

I really enjoy sniping with Mei.

3 Likes

There’s a book series called Cirque Du Freak. I read it and liked it a lot when I was younger. My favorite character from that series was Mr. Crepsley.

The name was taken when I went to make a WoW Hunter, so I dropped the e. Then battletags happened and I was super unoriginal.

The end. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just wanted a cool username.

7 Likes

My first name is Richard.
My last name begins with the letter C.
RichC

1 Like

I was a young 20-something who thought he was cool because he smoked.

I still smoke, but I don’t think I’ve ever been cool.

1 Like

She’s cute…

I also coulda gone with a Symm one…

1 Like

Well……… About 2 years ago I got my first PC, and my friends wanted me to get into Overwatch, I was like meh, but I said ok it was on sale, didn’t expect to like it, so I picked a nickname from a WWE wrestler Sasha Banks, and I figured for a guy it would be a d-bag name. Turns out I really LOVED the game, so I kept playing and here we are now lol.

If you don’t put a name in when you create an account, they give you one.

I do ai dev work, so it was apt, so I kept it.

1 Like

What was your orginal name?