When is the hanzo rework coming

oh my god I can’t bear reading your arrogant and toxic replies.

dude it ain’t his fault.
below plat, scatter is op. above plat, hanzo is just inconsistent.

I don’t know where you got that salt from, but you just like to act tough behind your computer don’t you? what a guy

Yeah, I hate it when people with tons of experience playing a character chime in with useful thoughts and information. Threads should be populated solely by people salty they got killed. That’s how we really figure out what’s going on.

1 Like

You do have to aim with scatter, it’s not a traditional aim, but it is aiming. Scatter works like light reflecting off of a mirror, you have to aim in a way that the impact will be reflected onto the target. Not only that, but it is his best burst damage ability.

He can only shoot 1 arrow per second (if he fully charges his arrow), which means his DPS is either 0 or 125, 250, or 0-450 depending on the arrow and where it hits. 125 for a bodyshot, 250 for a headshot, and somewhere in 0-450 in 75 point increments from scatter. From my 230-ish hours on Hanzo, I can say that the damage was commonly in the 75-300 range. (or 1-4 scatters).

This was also his only way to defend himself when people got to close - esp Genji who could follow him no matter where he ran -, and was also used like Soldier’s helix rockets when there were multiple people grouped together.

Personally, I am looking forward to Volley, because it puts less stress on missing that one shot. Yeah you can say that similar weight is put on Widow shots, but the difference is their positioning. Hanzo is on the edge of the fight Widow is almost in a different zip code.

Yeah I like scatter as a concept and for what it does for Hanzo. It lowers his skill ceiling slightly. It gave someone a chance to hit something once every 10 seconds and if you were lucky maybe even get a kill. Now that is going to be transferred to Volley which does more damage and will probably be easier to aim with all of the other changes to his arrows.

Personally I think the forums are going to be complaining about Volley just as much as scatter due to blowing the possible damage out of proportions and not looking at the big picture. In scatter’s case it’s “It can do 450 damage” when in reality, it very rarely does it’s full damage. People complaining about Volley will be saying “It does 480 damage” completely ignoring the consistency of the ability lies in the consistency of the Hanzo.

Sorry I wrote a book, I just wanted to get all of this out.

2 Likes

As a Hanzo player I agree, there are times when Scatter is incredibly random and unfair, but when I aim at your feet (and I only got one shot) it’s no different than aiming at your head, yes I might get lucky and miss scatter and kill you with the ricochet but if I hit it right in front of where you land after jumping, that’s no different than aiming for your mouth

With Hanzo’s new arrows and volley I get 8 chances to hit you in the mouth in less than a seconds…

I’m going to ignore all your personal comments, and instead focus on the substantive elements of your post.

dude it ain’t his fault.
below plat, scatter is op. above plat, hanzo is just inconsistent.

Scatter is “OP” in bronze/silver maybe, I wouldn’t know. But even in the low tiers of gold people seem to know how to counter it, or at least minimize its impact. I see gold Zaryas/Orisas all the time who manage to completely negate scatter with intelligent use of their cooldown abilities, despite having less than 500 hp and massive hitboxes.

Hanzo is inconsistent across every tier of play.

1 Like

here, it was actually jeff, not geoff, my bad

I mean it is. Scatter is only similar to headshots if the head models were 10x larger, but you had a 50% chance to do 0 damage when you smacked someone in the head.

It’s an inconsistent and frustrating ability for both parties.

If you can land all 8 arrows in Volley, that’s not random nor frustrating for the victim. That’s just being outplayed.

1 Like

ignore? how about you drink it all in for once
look at how you replied to the guy
it makes me want to kill you but how right??
honestly i don’t give a damn about hanzo
watch yourself prick

That’s interesting, but the “we’re trying” bit makes me believe it may have just been an interim test in between coming up with new abilities and such. I would love if his base arrows got a boost though. It would easily make up for losing scatter twice over.

don’t even think about making a clever/witty reply
jesus

Alright, nice talking to you.

there are hanzo videos to teach people where to scatter to one shot kill, even those videos filmed using a standing still character, he can’t one shot 100% of the time on the first try. it is not as easy as you think, and the area vary based on terrain and the angle of approach. it is different in each circumstance and depended a lot on the hanzo’s experience on his geometry.

definitely! that post was after volley and horizontal leap were revealed as the chosen ability, it’s obvious that they want Hanzo to feel equally as powerful and this is something that’ll frustrate a lot of people

Playing against a good hanzo who can hit headshots consistently is equally annoying as a hanzo who kills you with scatter everytime but people seem to forget that tid bit of information

As a tip, most people aren’t upset if they are ACTUALLY sniped by a sniper

Meanwhille im here

Lurking in the shadows

Only because it doesn’t happen often. Trust me, people will absolutely complain if it becomes more common. Especially since Hanzo typically excels in mid-close range engagements as opposed to someone like Widow, who has to slink around in the background.

This is so untrue that the rumor about Hanzo’s arrows having a huge hitbox started spreading without any kind of basis whatsoever, mind you this was debunked by a developer a few days ago, his and Genji’s shurikens are tied for smallest projectile on the game

People will complain about anything that kills them constantly

Nah. I’m never going to miss getting killed by a shot that wasn’t even aimed at me. If I can’t react to multiple arrows being fired at me, that’s all on me, not RNG.

Just because the crosshair wasn’t on your head, doesn’t mean the shot wasn’t aimed at you. I swear, it’s like you people think scatter has homing qualities or something.

2 Likes

You’re missing the forest for the trees. The semantics of Scatter don’t matter.

People hate it because it’s perceived to be a low skill, easy kill with little to no counterplay.

Is that the truth? Maybe. Maybe not. It doesn’t really matter. At this point, Scatter is practically gone and defending or attacking it won’t change much.

Even if new Hanzo is busted, they won’t be begging for Scatter back. They’ll just ask for new Hanzo to be nerfed.