When do we penalize supports for 0 healing

In matches dps get removed and reported for throwing or griefing when we give up due to a lack of healing. when do supports get the same penalties? You fail to realize that a lot of supports play to get a faster que and do 0 healing. You make me stay in bad games aand silence for speaking truth in matches. Who would want to play?

12 Likes

Nothing can be done against them. If i have zero healing supports i would just stay back and practice Widow/Hanzo, or go Sombra and spook people from off angle.

6 Likes

Go Sombra, S76, or Mei(depending). These players aren’t actually support mains probably more DPS mains especially just straight doing damage and no healing

3 Likes

Hmmm. :thinking:

I think you can penalize them when the development team stops punishing supports for doing support things. Maybe supports will go back to properly doing their roles.

19 Likes

To be fair supports have easy tools to do both damage and healing. Most healing is just support looking at general direction, or not even looking at all.

October 3, 2027.

You’ve been warned.

Supports can’t be reported for throwing? When did they make that change

5 Likes

This is one of many reasons why healing shouldn’t be on a primary/secondary fire. Every support should heal like Lucio/Zen/Brig.

Is this one of those things where we’re going to go:
“Ok well it wasn’t 0 it just was really low”
“ok well it wasn’t really low, it was just not on important team members”
“ok well they were healing the tank but not me”

… cause a support role doing absolutely NO healing is actually kinda difficult.

11 Likes

I’m pretty sure if they put healing recieved stats on heroes you can get a fair idea.

3 Likes

How do you know if the problem is with the healer or with the person not getting healed? You can’t heal through walls.

9 Likes

Eh.

I think people would do what they always do with scoreboard stats and blame all the numbers except what doesn’t fit their blamethrowing.

4 Likes

If it’s them avoiding los they can solve it.

If it’s the support not healing them that can’t be solved without showing and asking

Not healing once entire match as Support is considered throwing so report players that don’t hide their intentions. Even in matches where my team is getting stomped there are heals going out.

1 Like

It’s context sensitive if I have to take pharmacy put regularly but I don’t recieve healing, it really is straightforward answer.

actually. the amount of support throwers in qp cuz u cant leave is insane.

Never, you asked for it you get it Less healing in the game!.

but honestly never… the community complained about how they heal forever, got heals double nerfed and now complain not enough healing… learn to use your passive and packs.

2 Likes

I’m not following that logic.

DPS is supposed to be taking down people.

However if you’re consistently “taking out pharmacy” around 2 corners, no support is going to want to follow you past the enemy front line.

If you’re not getting healing there are reasons that aren’t on the board that can be not their fault.

Yeah you COULD be rambo and awesome with a pocket, but some support players cannot operate on dodge, dip, dive, duck, and dodge for the whole game. It’s not great, but they’re not throwing.

You’re both correct so no reason to argue

Tanks already fat dps in OW2 and supps are becoming dps as well. Now we should ask Do we really need roles when everyone is already dps?

Make all dps = remove roles and buff self-heal. We could have faster queue time, no complaints about other roles not play properly and etc.