When did you lose faith?

I lost some faith when they nerfed Roadhog into the ground then left him that way for 3 months.

But I figured it’s my hobby from a different game to get developers to do stuff to fix their game (got about 40 changes into PlanetSide 1, including the map of how all the zones interconnected).

3 Likes

Not me. I’m very optimistic about the games future. DPS is fun and for me support is kinda fun too. I only really like Zarya as tank but that role is very close to being better too. With OW2 I feel the PvE will be very good for the game overall. The devs do listen to feedback and along the way gives us great features over the years like RQ, Workshop, experimental card, etc.

1 Like

With almost 31k posts I’d hope they’d seen a few! XD

With the launch of Reforged I knew the organization was in trouble.

Wow. There was no way I couldn’t lose at least a little after they released ball at the time they did

I have my suspicions they have

Probably expect this sometime this month

Moth meta. It would have been so easy to fix or stop and they just… didn’t.

3 Likes

Hero bans. I thought it was a super high level move to test changes and hero synergies.

No, they were throwing at a dartboard and a cat did a better job than they did. Lost all faith in that moment, and I do not even think things are all that bad.

5 Likes

I’ll agree that ball’s piledriver kills were a little unearned until the recent nerf, but in general he feels like a hero you have to adept with to use well which I really appreciate. He’s my favorite hero bar none and I’m not sure I’d still be playing if it wasn’t for him. He’s the only tank that has stayed as fun as any other hero in the game, support or damage included and I really wish they’d add more unique approaches to main tanking like him.
I don’t think the problem with the game is the direction so much as the novelty has started to wear off for a lot of people and I certainly don’t consider 5 DPS all complaining at each other over who should tank as the good old days.

2 Likes

I lost faith in PvP in general. Most people don’t enjoy games they lose, but that’s gonna be around 50% of them and a lot of them will feel unwinnable. Add in the fact that every hero in the game is annoying to play against and it’s just frustrating. Overwatch 2 can’t come soon enough.

2 Likes

I’ve never losed faith in this game, otherwise I wouldn’t even buy it.

I mean, they need to commit mistakes so the meta can even exist in the first place and changes can occur.

Well, you choose if a game is fun for you or not, not anyone else. I’m very excited for the Supports patch and the new Mercy skin!

They’ve actually done a lot of things I’ve suggested too. Not exactly, but sometimes I’ll say nerf or buff a hero and they will. In fact, I made a “nerf all cc patch” thread a while ago. As for the comp thing, i suggested making it optional to role q as well, but instead of separating the ques, make them the same, kinda like an automatic group finder for those who want it

moira, ball, brig, orisa, sigma all made the game worse. They got rid of GOATS which is great, nerfed some shields which is good but double shield is still annoying af.

Map pools and hero bans were terrible ideas but they’re gone now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When I fought a team of blatant hackers, even a Reinhardt that was automatically tracking heads so he was just spinning, and never got the message saying that someone I reported was punished. Or how smurfing isn’t seen as a problem by the devs, and I can guess it’s because they make money from it.

Honestly, I just play like 1-3 games per day, maybe more, and then I stop because playing for more than that is not fun; then I go play another game. So, I’m not really invested.

1 Like

I guess, I made a “trim down the stun on Mei freeze to 1.3sec and similar for McCree stun so it’s not possible to double headshot”

I made a reduce moira heal rate on her orbs and I wish they just did that back when they nerfed her. Now we are getting a moira rework though we’ll see how that goes

1 Like

GOATS and before that Moth Meta, the devs have proved time and time again that they’re either too slow or too incompetent to actually fix balancing issues. The Goat Brigitte Skin in particular felt like a complete insult it showed that they were aware of the problem the entire time and knew what was causing it, and yet they decided to let it sit for more than a year and a half and then MONITIZE it.

4 Likes

Goats seems to be one of most favored metas from what I’ve seen. So I know that you may not have like it (and it did get old) but I, and many others, liked it. So just dont be too hard on blizzard for being slow to change it. They’ve also recently said they are changing their balance philosophy

Believe it or not, I still have not lost faith fully. I still think Blizzard can turn the game around. However, there have been many points where I held my head down in shame.

One of the biggest were the double shield era changes. Watching blizzard systematically ruin sigma, orisa, baptiste and hanzo was absolutely heartbreaking. Hanzo feels like garbage, orisa and sigma aren’t bottom tier but they cant tank very well anymore, and bap has the worst winrate in overwatch. It just showed me something I’ve always known; blizzard scarcely actually KNOWS what the balance problem is. They listen to people say the heroes are op, but don’t actually know what about them is op, so just kneejerkingly nerf and change parts of the hero until they aren’t meta anymore.

It’s a very sad thing to see. If their definition of aggressive balance changes is slaughtering 4 heroes and not rectifying it, I hope we dont see any more of them.

3 Likes

Ever since the Symmetra rework and them ruining Sombra, I’ve lost faith in the devs and it’s clear they don’t know what they’re doing still.

1 Like