What's your opinion on mercy?

Oh I’m aware lol, Mercy as a balance problem didn’t start until the monster of a rework came through. I’m just saying, I wouldn’t count Mercy as out of the woods on nerfs yet, though, even if she is momentarily balanced, and I don’t think they’ll be the kind of nerfs that people will be too pleased about.

1 Like

all recent statements by the devs indicate that they are happy with Mercy as she is at the moment, and they didnt put in a change at all with the rolequeue stuff that is on the PTR right now

I’ve got my fingers crossed for another rework.

The devs actually have a lot more creative freedom with the new 2-2-2 lock. They no longer have to worry about “but what if it’s op in a tank meta?” breathing down their necks 24/7, so now they get to make things that would have been op in a tank meta but is balanced in 2-2-2.

Multirez in particular is on that list. It would have probably made GOATS much worse, seeing as how the only way to kill GOATS is ult spam… And multirez excelled in countering ult spam.

But with the 2-2-2 lock protecting the game from GOATS, I think that multirez is on the table again.

1 Like

I find it puzzling that if one is unhappy with the previous rework, that one would want another.

Sorta kinda reminds me of the Kevin Bacon “thank you sir” scene in animal house

1 Like

If they bring it back, and that’s a very big IF.Mercy probably wouldn’t have the invulnerablity and it would be limited to 3 heroes.

I find it puzzling that there’s a forum user that only appears when someone makes a “Mercy is not fine” post (and in record time, too!). It’s like they’re obsessed with stalking and harassing an extremely specific category of Overwatch players.

4 Likes

I don’t think they’d give MultiRez to Mercy. It’s too controversial, and I think they’re most comfortable just trying to ignore her until they have to address her because of the inevitable backlash that even small changes will precipitate, particularly when, as they have done in the past with Mercy, they indicate that they feel a hero is balanced then proceed to nerf them anyway. I think Mercy, like Bastion, has achieved near-official “under the rug” status.

That said, I wouldn’t be terribly shocked if we saw MultiRez re-appear on another hero as a sort-of olive branch to people who enjoyed Mercy 1.0.

Buff her healing to 60 hps, or at least 55 again. Pros have been saying that for months.
Other than that , I think she’s fun, fair and balanced.

No, the way to rank up as Support is just to consistently play better than the enemy’s Supports.

In terms of raw balance she is totally fine, yet insanely unstable.
The sole existence of 2-2-2 will already be a good, indirect buff to her. Since most of the other sups struggle in that comp way more than Mercy. There is also a big possibility for a new dive meta, which would just double down on that.

If we talk about just changing her power, i think we would be better of to think about, how we bring other supports back up in the near future.

And if we talk, just about making her feel better to play… So her game feel…
Yeah we can forget that too. Because of her unstable balance state, even minor changes could already overpower her again.

That would look different if the devs would be open to rework her but it’s save to say that this won’t happen.

So yeah… Don’t hope or expect any buffs or game play improvements on her, but more nerf’s.

3 Likes

Her skill ceiling is just as high as for other heroes, her skill floor however, is very low, making it easy to get at least some value out of her.

It’s not as visable as for other heroes, but it’s definitely there.

What about Ana? How is Mercy better than Ana?

Actually…It’s the opposite.
Her skill floor is relatively high, while her skill ceiling is, in comparison to other heroes, very low.

I don’t want to talk her down or so but there is only so much you can do with her that most of her high skill value comes from basic yes and no questions.
There is still the healing/Dmg management, which is hard, but it never goes beyond that… Even backwards with Valkyrie.

1 Like

Mercy is a good healer, with resurrection abilities and she have good voicelines and character design.
An enemy Mercy during her moth ult and as she pick up her pistol, she is so annoying if you are playing a hero who are not good at crushing flying moths.
But overall, her character kit is superüberboring.

BUT, almost all Mercy mains, jesus christ of the heaven, they are such dramaqueens!!! MY GOD!
Probably why I dislike Mercy more and more each time I play OW. I just cant stand their witching or drama time.

I disagree. You will always do something as Mercy, just press M1 and you heal your team; Low Skill Floor.

Yes, Mercy is all about decision making, doesn’t mean that it’s easy to make them. Bunker Mercy may not be that hard, but Dive Mercy definitely is. At least at high levels.

My problem is the rez, which gives you zero agency in gameplay. You’re either fortunate to find cover or you need a bubble, def matrix, shields, etc. to survive.

People call this counterable, and say that “it’s your own fault that you let Mercy rez for not shooting her” and do not realize, at all, that they literally place all agency in the hands of Mercy’s enemies.
As if she was some AI opponent instead of a hero played by another player who would, you know, appreciate having some agency.

Also, many say she’s a good pocket healer so she has a niche so she’s fine.
Having to damage amp a Widowmaker or a Pharah is not exactly the pinnacle of excitement to me.
And it’s not the most exciting time for playing Mercy either.

I think currently she might be statistically balanced but boy is it boring to play her.

She’s supposed to be my main but I think I don’t even have an hour on her from the past months.

Been playing DPS because hey if you don’t make a hero exciting, people will play other heroes.

Maybe if certain development directions in the healer category weren’t pushed for by the masses, 2-2-2 would not have been necessary.

But oh, well.

2 Likes

No invulnerability? Yes, please.
Mercy 1.0’s “survivability issues” at the time (that the devs sought to fix with the i-frames buff) have long since been solved by the bunnyhop/superjump tech. The lack of invulnerability would nip any “hide n Rez” issues in the bud.

The 3-hero limit, though… I get what you’re trying to do, but I think that hard-capping how many players an ult can effect is not the right solution.

It introduces a slew of technical problems (if Mercy is on a pile of 4-5 souls, which ones get rezzed?), and it perpetuates Mercy’s unfortunate status as “the exception to the rule” when it comes to the game’s internal consistency of how abilities and ults work.

I think a more streamlined solution would be to limit it’s range between 8-12 meters (instead of the original 15). That way, rez would normally only be able to reach up to 3 souls because of range limitations, instead of a new “hard cap” mechanic that would probably take the devs a while to code and work out the kinks.

5 Likes

Please, god no. That would be the ultimate slap in the face to all the players that were screwed over and heartbroken by Mercy’s valk rework (and still hold out on the hope that Mercy will be “fixed”).

3 Likes

I know of several forum members who are active in most mercy-related threads, but given that Forum members are eligible to participate in any threads they like without numerical limit, I don’t see any problem with those, and certainly it wouldn’t be deemed to be stalking or harrassment unless the definitions of those terms are met

I know of no forum rules deeming that a certain amount of time must elapse before a response can be made to a given post

1 Like

Harassment is determined by a person feeling harassed.

I feel very harassed when the same person keeps responding to any post I make about mercy with a canned response insisting the exact opposite of whatever I said.

3 Likes