What's with all this standing around?

For you I’m sure. However I also am content with just standing there shooting the wall… or… y’know… waiting. for a few seconds.

The thing being it’s strange to be OK with a loading screen but not OK if you have control of something.

As a Sym player, the current duration already pushes the time it takes for me to set up turrets and have one or two charges left.

I don’t want to see a timer reduction unless all cooldowns are reset when the attack begins

I never minded that as much as it was never longer for me than 10 seconds…

1 Like

While I wonder if that’s a perception problem and not a technical one… there have been significant additions to the game. We might already have some of the “new” things OW2 is bringing to the game in the client.

It would not make the game better. It’s a team based game, and it’s good idea to build a comp that works well together. You don’t do that by just picking a hero and going. On defence you often have to switch things around and that takes time. They already shortened every bit of assemble and set up time, and it is fine how it is.

Yes, it would make the game better… The faster you can get into the action the better… This is a nice quote from Jeff… It was in regard to hero pools but it applies here as well I think…

To your point about building the composition, I rarely see anyone do anything of value in that regard with the time… Usually it is something like demanding
a shield… most of the time people will play the heroes that they had planned to play or that they are good with on that particular map…and those that bend to the will of others I have little faith in anyway…

1 Like

They can only speed things up so much before it has a negative impact. You have to find a spot that allows time to pick and set up, while not being too long, and they’ve done that.

It is still far too long…it could absolutely be cut down without being detrimental to the experience… The setup phase could of course be shortened by reducing the distance the defenders have to walk to get to the first point…

1 Like

Shortening the distance would require a redesign of every map. It would also mean that new players would not be shown the route from the real defensive spawn to the point at the start of a game.

You just need to have some patience, it’s literally a few extra seconds.

It would not require re-design whatsoever… Make a teleport from spawn to first point that players can go through… OR significantly increase running speed by 3x until the match starts …stop making this more complicated than it needs to be…

It’s literally over one minute of waiting time each round…

1 Like

That time is very important for toilet breaks, making sandwiches and water refills

My friend, why could you not do those things before the game…and certainly it should not be necessary to do that for each and every round…

1 Like

You’re the one making it complicated by acting like a total non-issue is something so important that it’s worth making the system requirements high enough to force some players out of the game completely.

They’ve already shortened it more than once and I doubt they’ll do it again as on defence it can already be a little tight if someone takes even a little too long to pick.

If people find the wait too long, “maybe they shouldn’t be playing overwatch if it poses such a significant problem:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When I come back I’m already in a match
I don’t want to make a sandwich then queue and wait for a game, I want to queue for a game first then make a sandwich.

Then make the defenders spawn closer/tele/faster… It’s not that complicated…

I don’t want to make a sandwich then queue and wait for a game, I want to queue for a game first then make a sandwich.

Why should others have to wait for you to finish making your sandwich dude…

2 Likes

New players need to know the route so a TP is out of the question, a shorter spawn completely throws off the map’s balance AND requires work to almost every map, and adding a speed boost at the start of the game is just asking to introduce bugs.

The work required is simply not worth it for an issue that almost no one cares about in the slightest.

New players can stick to quick play…and I’m sorry but why do they need to know the route? It literally shows up on your HUD where you’re meant to go…

Are you for real… You know we have this guy in the game called Lucio… And that they did exactly this in Blitz CTF…and it was fantastic…

2 Likes

They won’t make a change for comp without changing it for QP as well, so this would affect everyone. It doesn’t surprise me that you have no regard for new players or anyone else based on your attitude though.

Yes, they could change it for competitive only… No real reason they couldn’t… And as I said for new players… Just have those line markers on the floor that guide them to the point… Not that hard…

No real reason, other than it goes against their entire design philosophy, which they aren’t going to change over an issue that they already solved. They aren’t going to devote any dev hours to making these changes as it serves very little purpose, and almost no players are unhappy with how it currently is. Why pull people off other work for this of all things?