What's with all this standing around?

Good question Reinhardt, good question… Perhaps we could reduce the "prepare to attack/defend " phase duration?

8 Likes

it used to be longer than it currently is and is a great time to communicate with your teammates on what you want to pick

3 Likes

Barrier is giving out
HAMMER DOWN

If you get the reference you’re a legend

1 Like

But people actually using it to do that though? From what I see people rarely ever do that…except to occasionally beg for a shield…

1 Like

I use it every game im in, usually ill ask my team what they play and then go from there so its a great time for me atleast

2 Likes

Why is it necessary to ask them this… When they can just pick the heroes that they want to play… and then you can go from there…I don’t see why it should take more than 20 seconds to make those decisions…and if one is adamant on having the perfect team composition one can always group up with others beforehand…The hero select screen alone should be sufficient time for this…

2 Likes

thats asking a lot from low Plat players

Not everyone is blessed with an SSD.

4 Likes

That is an understandable reason, but why do we need to repeat the duration again for each round? When everyone has already loaded the map?

1 Like

Because some times it also takes time to transition between one section or another. Not to mention the swapping of hero’s.

1 Like

My friend has an HDD and sometimes will spend the first push without all of the heroes loaded in

The transition should not require 80 seconds…

1 Like

Depending on the HDD, it can take that long

The transition takes as long as someones connection and hardware dictate.

You can wait a few more seconds.

Why do we have to make everyone wait because one or two unfortunate people are stuck on 90s hardware?

1 Like

Because you want a full team with you to push or defend.

It isn’t 90’s hardware either. Much later.

I just can’t imagine how slow hardware someone has to have that they need 80 seconds… I had an old 5400 hard disk drive and I was fine…

1 Like

What if there was a way to force the cooldown clock to skip to five seconds left, that required every player to vote for it? And then do additional stuff like have the defenders spawn closer to/on the point when the round’s starting.

Players that take a while loading in don’t get shafted, players that have all loaded in and are twiddling their thumbs don’t always have to wait.

2 Likes

Your experience does not embody everyone’s.

You are only waiting a short while. It is quite literally the definition of a “first world” problem.

1 Like

My experience embodies that of most people who are within the minimum system requirements… And those who aren’t… We shouldn’t be designing the game around them…

1 Like