What`s Venture's purpose?

I am not sure about Venture’s role in meta.
She is not a long ranged sustain dps.
She is not a tank buster like Reaper, because her damage against tanks is pretty low.
And she is kinda lame as assassin, because both her abilities are required for a burst combo, but unlike Genji, she has no CD reset on elimination.

It looks like she either misses another ability, or her CDs are too long for a proper dive-burst damage hero. She feels like an OW1 version of Doomfist, but misses a third ability for dive-in-dive-out strategy.

6 Likes

To annoy Zenyatta???

7 Likes

Feels like she’s meant to go for snipers since burrow + drill avoids a lot of the issue usually facing a sniper

3 Likes

This sound like a too narrow role. I mean, pretty much any other assassin can do the same more safely.

2 Likes

remember this is only a test run for her the start of season 10 things could be different

1 Like

Yep, and this is why I provide feedback and rise questions like this.
She is really fun to play and I really want her to be viable in competitive.

1 Like

Honestly id rather face venture than sombra 24/7/365

5 Likes

Cooldowns feel fine to me. Ultimate is the only troubling element, but after some more time with it, I’m sure players will find some countermeasures.

Getting up to Hanzo isn’t too tricky, but Widowmaker is difficult because of Grappling Hook moves further and faster than anything Venture can do. Likewise, it’s easy enough to displace Venture with Ashe and Junkrat.

So zoning out the character still works.

1 Like

her ability being able to dodge things may come in handy but at the same time scary

1 Like

The character’s purpose to be fun. It is not that deep. Just be glad their purpose is no longer to sell Battle Passes.

10 Likes

Literally any barrier blocks it.

I saw someone compare her to OW1 Doomfist, and I kind of agree. Playstyle seems kinda similar at first, albeit a bit slower. Might have been the intention of the design, a replacement for dps Doom.

5 Likes

bro, its a leap year this year

Disappointing for a digging character.

6 Likes

I think the idea is a jack-of-all-trades because she’s like this combination of multiple heroes’ abilities. Sounds like a flex player’s dream and really looks awesome and lots of fun.

However, I feel like this would be a throw pick at high rank because that’s where you need to specialize in something. If a hero doesn’t bring anything unique or exploitable at top tier, they’re just gonna be a QP superstar.

1 Like

She is as far from being a jack-of-all-trades as possible, she is actually a very specialized hero.

1 Like

Specialized in what? No really. I’m trying to figure it out because there’s quite a few places she’s really useful but like 2nd best at it.

Venture is Genji 2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

She is a Reaper, but sucks at dealing with tanks.

Also, there is a strange thing with her. She is a close range hero like Reaper and Mei, she also has kind bulky hitbox, but she has only 250 HP. Yes, she has barrier, but both Reaper and Mei have selfhealing.

Looks like she was designed before HP increase patch.

2 Likes

Venture uses They/Them pronouns (I’m also struggling not use other ones sometimes lol)

2 Likes