What's up with the Pharah console hate lately

Well, In lower ranks many hitscans aren’t good enough to shoot me down as Pharah (on PC), i would image same being true on console.

1 Like

I have no problem with any of these characters - they are just cheesy and low effort which is why people complain

Pharah isn’t a problem BUT she forces an entire team to play differently and that’s why I don’t like her or similar ‘if you don’t switch I destroy you’ heroes like Widow and Zarya.

I hate pharmercy though and console players in particular have a horrid time dealing with that crap.

Sym and torb are niche defensive picks imo and can be countered with awareness and one good team push.

The cheesiest aren’t even any of these three - junk and bastion (ik he’s easy to kill) are extremely low effort high reward.

Pharah players on eu PS4 are a different breed, a master’s pharah player on pc would be low diamond on ps4 EU. The difference in knowledge of the hero is massive

People can’t aim, and can’t accept their bad. I used to hate her on console too, bc I thought I was “good” when in reality I completely sucked and that’s why she farmed me.

If theres ever a pharah in the air against me nowadays she’s gone in 3 seconds.

Pharah is no better on console than she is on pc. People just can’t aim and say “oh well pc players by default aim better so clearly the problem is pharah on console”

3 Likes

I’m gonna go ahead and say it probably has a lot to do with rank and awareness, a lot of tunnel vision players. From my experience, from what I’ve noticed over the last 2 years of playing, something that frustrates me so much as a backline support with no mobility, is that people just don’t shoot them. Everyone has this weird mentality of like “its someobody else’s problem” and just walk in getting zapped by sym turrets, getting pegged by torb turrets, get blasted by Pharah rockets, and nobody turns to shoot them. And I know what some of you are gonna say, “Just shoot them yourself, 4head”, except now they’re just taking constant damage I’m too busy trying to keep them alive while they walk through a life-stealing doorway/archway. Same goes for Pharah, they’ll just keep getting peppered with rockets and not look up to shoot her, or not even pick heroes that can deal with her, like I’m here blasting healing darts into my Tracer and Junkrat while not one of them swaps to something that can counter Pharah, they just give her free roam in the sky and then cry “sHe’S sO oPpReSsiVe aNd oP” when they die. Like yeah, but maybe if you shoot her, she wouldn’t be.

Moral of the story: SHOOT :clap: THE :clap: DAMN :clap: TURRETS :clap: OR :clap: THE :clap: PHARAH :clap:

2 Likes

Switch Pro Controllers would like to have a word with you.

So now it’s the players’ fault for wanting Pharmercy (mainly) to be changed, a combo which either cannot be countered because good Hitscans are rare everywhere at least up to Gold, or if such players exist, actually countering said combo happens to be multiple times more difficult than running it in the first place? Like, can we please stop lying to ourselves?

1 Like

Newer players, probably.

…Yeah I don’t get Pharah console hate. Recently climbed my DPS to top 50 on Switch (got 1 game off of Masters actually, but it’s really not much) playing a lot of Pharah, but in the last couple days she’s kinda sucked. You have to play her in a very specific way or you just get deleted by any good hitscans, Echo, or Torbjorn. In Plat or lower, sure, it’s really easy to roll people in plat and below, but any one good hitscan player across the enemy team ruins everything for Pharah. In any map with a poke-war style of gameplay, Pharah really can’t get close enough to fight hitscans properly without being deleted.

Echo is way better. She’s harder, sure, but easily better. I really struggle at getting value out of her ult, but Echo is always a better choice unless the enemy team lacks Pharah counters.

…Also, Switch pro controllers are on par with the other consoles, imo. Joy-Cons aren’t meant for most shooters, but the pro controllers are definitely up to speed. We have Gyro as well, so there’s not much of an excuse to balance Switch differently from the other consoles.

THIS, THIS RIGHT HERE

If console players stopped having the attitude of “this game is so much harder for me I’ll never be good enough to beat blank” then they just won’t. Period. The one situation in which this changes is if, hypothetically, they introduce crossplay AND put it into comp. In that specific scenario, yes, console players would be at a disadvantage but only against PC players.

People are sick of Pharah? Then for the love of all that is holy, SHOOT HER you can’t just fail to improve at aim with practice. Same goes for Pharah + moth. It’s annoying but that’s all it is. Any Pharah who isn’t a one trick or an idiot will likely swap if she feels pressured by even one halfway decent hitscan. Pharah just isn’t worth the trouble if she’s not completely uncontested.

3 Likes

because one streamer got farmed but yznsa and called pharah overtuned so now everyone is like a sheep and flocks to agree with the streamer even though she’s an awful hero and with complete mastery should be unplayable considering how ridiculously overpowered mccree and echo are. if you’re able to make pharah work that’s not the character, that’s just you being LEAGUES above the opposing dps.

pharah is projectile which makes her objectively more difficult than hitscan. simply abuse McCree and kill her. if you can hit shots its not hard. or play echo which is even easier because you can bring yourself to the Pharahs altitude and since echo is just a better character you’ll win that fight even if the pharah is pocketed, unless you just whiff every single one of ur shots.

I tell myself “some people can shoot her, so I can too”

Lol I play on switch with a fake pro controller. So I technically play on xbox but with 40 dps sym turrets :eyes:

1 Like

I don’t understand this
Console has 30dps sym turrets :frowning:

1 Like

Unless I counted wrong (which could be true) I placed one turret in practice range and it took 5 seconds to kill the practice bot :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

:thinking:
Put a timer, Jeff said it should be 30

Don’t tell him tho

Ok sounds good :clown_face:
I will look when I get home and update you

1 Like

I swear how most console players think is like, “oh, a pharah. I’ll switch to mccree” and they miss like 2 or 3 shots with him and just go “WHELP I CAN’T DO IT GUESS SHES OP ON CONSOLE ILL JUST GO GENJI AND NOT HELP”

3 Likes

well it turns out that it is 30 dps my life is a lie :clown_face:

Pharah’s kit is just kinda broken in general tbh. If neither of your two dps can play hitscan well enough, its essentially gg. Very very dull un-inspirational way to play the game.