What's the Point Of No Limits Now?

Barely anyone utilizes the No Limits part of the mode anymore. They just play it like it’s OQ, and then when you ask them why they’re playing No Limits instead of OQ their, only responses are to be oddly toxic.

It’s like the real reason they pick it is to blast through other teams actually playing No Limits (with multiple of the same character), by picking full teams of counters… like… Open Queue?
I don’t get it.

Every single time I’ve tried it in OW2 and our team or the enemy team goes all the same character, mostly the same character or otherwise multiple of the same character, the opposite team doesn’t. They just play like it’s OQ.
In OW1 it wasn’t like this. Pretty much every match in OW1 was multiple of the same character.

I miss it.

1 Like

No limits just allows people to pick whatever hero they want, not like it’s meant to force people to stack heroes.

2 Likes

So does Open Queue though.

No it doesn’t, if someone picks soldier I can’t also pick soldier.

Except that rarely happens from what I’ve seen. Most teams just play it like it’s OQ

People seem to forget that No Limits used to be the default game mode, which was basically Open Queue with no hero limits. Memeing 6 of one hero, while fun once in a while, didn’t happen every game. I don’t get why it has to happen every game in No Limits either.

6 Likes

I’m not saying it has to happen every game, but it’s significantly rarer than in OW1. Most teams just play like it’s OQ.

1 Like

Which is fine, it is open queue but allows people to pick the same hero as someone else. Just because you liked people picking 6 of the same hero or something, doesn’t mean everyone wants to do that.

It’s fun. People play it for fun. If you don’t think it’s fun, play something else.

You guys seem to think I’m raging and frothing at the mouth that people aren’t “PLAYING MY WAY!!!”.
I’m not. I’m just disappointed and miss how it used to be.

They should just replace Open Queue with No Limits. Kinda like how OW1 was first.

Then No Limits space in arcade to be replaced with All Brawls!.

1 Like

Usually the only time I use no limits is when a new hero is released and I want to play that hero at the same time that everyone else also wants to play that hero. In any other mode, if you win the fastest finger instalock battle, you end up with people leaving to requeue so they can try again. In no limits they stay and you can just have like 4 Maugas on each team with a couple random support players trying to keep up.

Other than that I usually don’t touch it, and if I do, I won’t join in on playing 5 Syms or 5 torbs, mostly because I don’t use/like those heroes, but also just because I prefer to fill as support or tank or whatever is needed.

1 Like

Do you really want the enemy team running 5 Moiras?

omg the meme game modes are being taken over by counter swappers, that’s hilarious picture of the playerbase

I wouldn’t be opposed to be gifted a free win?

Don’t know about anyone else, but I only ever play No Limits to play an all-Rein comp with my buddies.

I was ok with that. Usually when a team was all Torb, the other team would go all Sigma to counter the turrets, then the Torbs would go all Rein, and on and on.

Now what you get is one team is all Hanzo, and the other team is Orisa, Sigma, Ana, Widow, Lifeweaver.
The Hanzo team stays Hanzo or tries another wacky all same character team, but it doesn’t work because the other team is “balanced”.

For the ‘all the same character’ team to win, they have to play like it’s OQ as well.

1 Like

It is the “no limits” mode

No limit on what comp you can pick. That’s about all there is to it, it’s the “play your way” mode and people are playing how they wanna play

It’s actually a difficult team to beat, especially if they’re reasonably skilled players.

1 Like

Fair enough. No idea why I am acting so cocky given the games I lose. What I meant to say is that I wouldn’t mind going 30 and 0.