🛡 "What's going on?" - Every Reinhardt Main Ever

Yes, so essentially this results in it being harder, if not near impossible, to play mind games with people, which is a HUGE part of getting good with Reinhardt.

1 Like

Right man. I feel like a good half of my playtime/improvement with Reinhardt has been negated. Damn.

6 Likes

Dear Elune

his Earthshatetr is not effecting ppl who are in front of him w/o any thign to stop/block it?

how did this make it throughout ptr xD

1 Like

Reinhardt is dead. Long live dps mains. Memes.

#RevertReinChangesPLEASE

7 Likes

Yup.

What this essentially means is that the Reinhardt battles are reduced to standing around like a doofus with a road sign and waiting until the DPS finish playing the game, or until one of the Reinhardts decides to kill himself by charging into the enemy.

3 Likes

“We’re planning on recoding Earthshatter from the ground-up!”

I am sure if this was the “new” Earthshatter they would have said so. Still crossing my fingers this is just a bad set of bugs (ADD IT TO THE PILE).

3 Likes

Don’t worry guys, I am sure they are working on rein fixes. We should see them on PTR by April 2024

9 Likes

then you find out tis an april fools joke and not until 2069.

2 Likes

Ah, of course it’ll come in the millennial class graduation year of '69.

I think it must be game wide, mei has the same issue with Ice wall and cryo. At 1st I thought it was just me but there is a pretty big delay.

2 Likes

If it’s affecting other heroes, that’s a real problem. This game is all about the fast reaction times.

1 Like

Up vote up vote up vote.

1 Like

I’m surprised that stylosa, or anyone really, hasn’t gotten to making a video on this yet honestly. This is such a major problem overall if the problems are not just affecting rein. Info needs to get out on this.

3 Likes

It’s kind of funny: I logged in for the first time in months just to check Rein’s animation cancels, and I ended up remembering how much I love tanking. Fix your game, Blizz.

3 Likes

It sure as hell isn’t affecting Genji over there - if he lost any of his animation cancels, his mains would be out there plotting the Meiji Revolution by now.

4 Likes

Another player had the wonderful decency to spend a lot of time with this and commented on their findings.

11 Likes

I do not think it was intended, kinda like Mei stopped freezing people after Blizz adjusted her ult meter.
If it was intended then Blizzard is using Bungie’s practices

3 Likes

If you didn’t post that, I would have. Glad you got my back, fam.

1 Like

The longer I watch the angrier I get, The angrier I get the more I want to just quit.

:frowning:

1 Like

I went ahead and read this entire string so I wouldn’t miss any other point.

Some of the things being brought up. Did Blizzard do this intentionally? From my experience when Blizzard wants to do something they do it, and they are never shy about it. There would have been an entire explanation as to why they changed this much of his kit. This is not a rule by any means. Blizzard has in the past changed things they wanted changed and not told anyone about, but in Overwatch specifically this is rarely the case.

Does this make Reinhardt unplayable?
No…
These changes, intentional or not, do not make Reinhardt unplayable. They make it a chore to do things that should be fluid. If you play any other hero on the roster, except maybe pre-rework Sombra, and maybe Doomfist (I don’t play him), every action the heroes do work. Some may work, based on countering, worse then others but they _______ work. I am actually a fill player, though my profile says otherwise, so I do play other heroes when the need arises. I used Soldier 76 in my comparison because I was forced into a damage role in one of my games for my last Overwatch session. Soldier 76 is utterly beautiful at this point. The damage fall off buff makes him an incredible asset to the team. And, all his buttons work flawlessly. His Ultimate doesn’t randomly not shoot people that are “in his sights”.

The only thing that perplexes me at this point is how anyone in their right mind could agree that Reinhardt needs to be weaker, due to bugs that are “fair” in their eyes, or straight nerfs to his kit.

1 Like