šŸ›” "What's going on?" - Every Reinhardt Main Ever

Youā€™ll do fine! Just stay positive and encourage your teammates. Brigitte may have Rally, but a confident Reinhardt does a much better job rallying his team together.

1 Like

Clap if you are going to switch to Roadhog because he doesnt have so many bugs.

Hahaa ā€¦ hah ā€¦ sadface :cry:

1 Like

Press F to pay respects.

1 Like

Why Hog tho, atm hes basically a trollpick - i member when we were able to oneshot zaryas (yes that was broken, but now its based on luck to oneshot 200hp heroes :sob: )

I still always play main tank, or off tank when I really want to do something else.
The sad part is ā€¦ I start getting used to being stunned all the time.

2 Likes

Rein, oh rein, why are you so slow? why did the developers code chains around your might! As the crypt lord would say - ā€œMy might cannot be matched!ā€ Until some college dev thinks of a way to do so.

Oh rein, your hammer registers only once during a swing, even though I hear and see it hit 4 to 5 characters. Is OW turning into a turn base RPG? Even then this event is randomized with no register, how nice.

Oh why oh why, does your hammer take 2 minutes to swing from left to right. Oh why oh why does it take an eternity to hammer down? Is that hammer so heavy for you?

Oh why didnā€™t they code chains and limiters for genji or mei, oh why, oh whyyy didnā€™t they listen to the kids who canā€™t keeep up in street fighter!

Oh pleaseeee build a limiter for the original NES, some people are too good at Track & Field (1983), they can press the A button toooo fast (MOMIE!)

OHHHH WHY OH WHYYY BLIZZARD WHAT HAPPENED TO BEING HONEST ABOUT APM (ACTIONS PER MINUTE). OH WHY, does REIN damage drop so fast, heā€™s not a
PiƱatas.

Oh rein, why doesnā€™t blizzard have change controls or disclose what they change for characters. How much is your eSports branch worth? Koreans love APM, I wonder how many have stopped playing?

Use your change control team more, disclose what you change. I hear there are things which cannot be fixed, requiring a re-install of the entire game to v1?

STOP CHANGING THE GAME! Think Track & Field (1983).

1 Like

Still no response from the devs about this issue/stealth changes that have been introduced since v1.28 and are still present in the live patch v1.32.

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t seem to have done much to affect his stats.

As someone who both plays as Rein and plays against him, Iā€™m honestly more annoyed at the fact that the charge bugs that were supposedly fixed are all still there.

Bouncing enemies? There.
Enemies behind Rein when charges getting vacuumed in to die? There.
Enemies behind walls or several meters above or to the side being vacuumed into the Rein charge and killed? There.
Rein charging through people as if they are ghosts? There.
Rein hitting someone at end of the charge and then able to keep charging endlessly without ever running out of charge until makes impact with a wall? There.

Every single one of those Rein charge bugs was supposedly fixed, but every single one is still in the game just rarer to run across than before.

3 Likes

Still no response from the devs about these stealth changes.
I wonder why.

Par for the course here at club Reinhardt. I donā€™t see it changing anytime soon either.

1 Like

As a Rein main, I have a really hard time playing this game now.

As a character, Rein has been used and abused and basically ignored over the course of the gameā€™s development. Changes that have been made to the character over time donā€™t even get the dignity of being announced, leaving players like me in the dark.

I know what GOATS is, but I donā€™t care. I am not a professional player, I donā€™t even really play comp. I just want to enjoy a few rounds of quickplay occasionally when I come home. I am the everyman, the ā€œcasual playerā€. Rein is absolutely not balanced around this mindset.

There doesnā€™t seem to be any due understanding of why casual players do not often play tank (especially main tank). The games you get into in quickplay are unorganized, uncommunicative, and often head straight into toxicity. As a tank main, in a team game, I feel completely worthless - especially as Rein - when Iā€™m getting stunned, flashbanged, frozen, or having my shield melted by a turret/bastion.

The things I can do as a main tank to counter these individual problems are highly dependent on my team. The DPS outputting sufficient damage is needed to make my shield worth it. The alternative is a melted shield, loss of a choke area, and death. The healers keeping track of me and keeping me healed allows me to actually drop shield, swing, and do damage, and in the best case minimizes risk of going for charges/pins that are an important part of Reinā€™s enemy eliminations. The alternative in the case of low healing is to try to protect your team, keep shield up, get melted, and then death.

In casual play, the structure to support this team-based play is not there.
Playing Reinhardt is painful and boring. The role of tanking no longer feels like a leadership role in the pushes and pulls of the battle; the role has atrophied to a low-DPS character with a large health pool. The MOBA-like characteristics of Overwatch that rewarded team play and strategy have melted away to favor the wild west of DPS characters hacking it out.

Playing a main tank in casual play is instead a desperate struggle to survive encounters against enemy DPS who do more damage and have higher mobility. You pray your team groups up. You hope your DPS outputs enough damage to justify the utility of your shield. You close your eyes and grit your teeth, hoping to have a support hero back up naturally risky plays to engage a choke area.

But it doesnā€™t exist. Iā€™ve played this game a lot less recently, and this is why.
For now, if I play, I will be yet another casualty of players instalocking DPS.

2 Likes

As a main tank/support player I am getting absolutely abused in QP right now with Rein and Winston. Iā€™m not going to blame healers, as people are still getting used to Baptiste and everything, so I am putting the blame on myself.

No clue why I keep getting melted. Iā€™m not doing suicide charges, or swinging wildely. My shields are getting melted, Iā€™m getting hacked or frozen, booped away from charges, etc. I know they have touched on tanks overall ā€œtankinessā€ by nerfing armor, but is this patch so completely different that I need to re-learn to play main tank due to it? Iā€™m getting abused out here. I would like to think I am at least an above average player (high diamond, low master for the past 4 seasons) and I am playing with two healers and most of the time a second tank, and I know its just QP, but man.

2 Likes

I played some Rein in DM (on ps4) yesterday and he definitely feels sluggish. I canā€™t put my finger on it but others already have. It starts at 53 mins for anyone who wants to watch some gameplay:

I noticed that shatter didnā€™t connect on a Genji when I feel it should have.

You are 100% correct that Shatter should have connected with Genji in that clip.

I would be able to give a better analysis if it werenā€™t for so many factors that currently affect it.

1. Latency - If your latency didnā€™t match up with the Genji player at the time Shatter moved across the ground, he could have simply been too high in the air server side for it to connect, even though we can clearly see from your perspective he was in the danger zone.

2. Original Shatter bug - Certain players, Genji, McCree, Widowmaker, and Mercy are the most likely candidates to come to mind. They all have movement abilities that make it so the arenā€™t technically touching the ground when Shatter crosses their hero model. It is as if the game provides them an Immunity Frame if they trigger their ability right before they would get hit by Shatter.

3. Hit Detection - Shatter has, and as far as I know always will, have hit detection issues. Somewhere in the code there is a mistake and Blizzard attempted to fix this in the Earthshatter rework. It failed, obviously.

4. New fix as of last patch - I havenā€™t played after the craptiste patch so I have no personal information to go off of. Supposedly,

" * Fixed an issue that allowed Reinhardtā€™s Earthshatter to hit people further off the ground than intended in specific circumstances" -Patch notes for current live version-

this I guess was a problem and it seems like it was a problem for people who play Genji. They felt as though it was fair to just jump and not get hit by an Ultimate.

Overall I do not know which circumstance made your Earthshatter not connect. For the last few years it has been a thing we have all had to just deal with. Itā€™s simply how the skill works. All of the problems started after Blizzard reduced the height of Earthshatter from 3 meters (where it still should be) to 2 meters (donā€™t even think it goes that high anymore).

Time will tell how annoying this new patch is for me but Iā€™m not a fan of Reinhardtā€™s stiff feel (lol)

1 Like

bUt hE Is A hIgH sKiLl HeRo

For me as a tank main this patch is really scary. Even more scary then the brig patch, Rein is next to trash in my hands now with all the knockbacks, hacks and people just not caring how hard it is to play tank. Rein is really good if Bop puts down his ult seeing as Rein can one shot any 200hp hero but at the same time Orisa is better for the shield war because she has very little down time paired to Rein having to recharge his shield. Also Orisa counters Doom better then any other tank unless you get one shot by him. This patch was fine till the knockback stuff came into play, now my Rein is next to trash because I am flying more then I am walking.

1 Like

This seems to be the consus of the forums at large. They want tanks to be so difficult to play no one will play them.

This will lead to no protection for supports and people will stop playing them.

There happen to be more voices in the damage dealer camp then the tank and support camp, so Blizzard is catering to them. I just hope they get their wish and a DPS META can be played out so they can see how stupid that will be.

2 Likes

For me I have never played a Dps in like a year, when I first started play OW I did play DPS but when my tank friend said he hated tanks I said it can not be that bad and I picked up tanking for a 3 stack and know I see why tanking can be really unfun. Right now I can only play Orisa because DOOM and like 1/2 of all hero in overwatch can make me fly as Rein and that just pisses me off. Like please I weight like 2,000lb how do I fly?

1 Like