What would you want for next experimental?

Welcome to wish list for the next upcoming experimental card :wink:

If you could ask for changes on heroes or a ONE huge change for the game to be tried on the next experimental, what would it be?

I’d ask them to try one huge change. 1st make shield tanks what they were ending last year but have a limit to only one main barrier tank (Rein, Sigma, or Orisa) per a team. So you can still run two off tanks you just can’t have multiple barrier tanks. I’d exclude Winston for obvious reasons. I think balancing the game would’ve easier actually because then you have the concept of Rein-rock, Orisa-paper, and Sigma-scissors.

I’d like to try it out. I think this game is healthy with barriers and without them it’s hardly overwatch anymore. It’s not fun and it’s very different from what I used to love and enjoy. It’s a huge deathmatch with much less team play. People also generally don’t like double barrier, so this would prevent the issue in the future. :ok_hand:

I also don’t think anyone really enjoys sigma or orisa being nerfed or gutted unless if you just hate the hero for the wrong reasons. Anyone who wants a hero to be dumpstered/deleted shouldn’t talk about balance in this game.

But what would you ask for?

It may be wishful thinking but it’s fun to imagine.

4 Likes

Prior to all the barrier nerfs I was thinking something along the lines of fan the hammer doing more damage to shields to justify its existence. But now… :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

One thing? One big experiment?

I’d pump up the numbers for everything and add in a lot of little QoL stuff. Soldier reload while running, Mei ice block ammo recharge, 175hp tracer, mercy beam doesn’t break on valk, etc etc. I could think of dozens of small changes that would make the game play smoother. Increase healing and damage and give a little bit back to barriers.

I just want to see if the game would play as fast and kinetic as I envision. I’m dying to find out if every hero would really feel as powerful and impactful as I want them to. If it turns out I’m wrong that’s fine, I would have learned a great deal. But I’d love to find out.

3 Likes

I nominate you for president. :fist:

1 Like

The only things I can think of right now would be a 2 second cooldown nerf for Roadhog’s hook, and 100 HP buff for Orisa’s barrier.

In general though, I’m expecting them to continue scaling damage down though, with Ashe being the first name that comes to mind for that.

3 Likes

I nominate you Vice President. :joy:

1 Like

Ideas

• Roadhog’s Chain Hook damage reduced from 30 to 15 (lowers his kill potential, but requires he melees after he shoots after hook)
  • Orisa movement penalty when firing Fusion Driver removed.
  • Sombra invisibility requires 35 damage to decloak, any damage less will cause her to flicker to the enemies.
  • Reaper’s Shadow Step happens faster.
  • Baptiste biotic launcher (healing) area of effect increased slightly.
    • Exo-boots reach maximum charge faster.

I’ve got more, but this should do.

4 Likes

Archives/mercy style res on all characters with a long cooldown. Mercy can have a regen burst or some sort of healing fire strike she casts with her staff.

My god, I love all those too! The forums amaze me sometimes.

Can we just make our own overwatch guys. I dream I can become the real life sombra and the next patch they do I could hack their system and we implement our own true patch lol.

So old mass rez and heal like a fire strike?

• Roadhog damage revert
  • Brigitte at 250 HP
  • Orisa shield cooldown reduced 1s
  • D.Va 15m defense matrix revert
  • Mercy damage boost at 25%
  • Baptiste shorter cooldown on regen burst

See if that feels good for starters, and if not balance accordingly.

4 Likes

deleting sigma.

No complaints on what you suggested either- why nerf damage boost though?
Rather still nerf some dps. Damage boost has remain pretty much the same. Not that’s that is much lower only 5% what if it was 25% on dps but remained 30% on tanks.

:pensive: no hero deserves to be deleted. Not cool. I nominate you janitor.

One Shield Tank per Team. Buff Rein shield back to 2000. Buff Sigma Shield to 1300. Buff Orisa shield to 1000. Revert Hog Buffs. Buff Defense matrix (idk how I dont play her i just know she needs it). Change D.va health / armor ratio to 300/300.

That’s all I got for right now.

2 Likes

I’d just prefer if Mercy was pushed into more of a mobile healer role than a pocket one. Just personal preference.

2 Likes

Honestly, All Mei’s nerfs reverted.

2 Likes

Wow you are brave. I wanted to say make all shields before the changes I think it was October last year. The better part is only one shield but maybe it’s too much.

I just wish they would get brave in experimental for big game changes because this game needs some TLC fast. It’s a sinking ship.

I have to agree with others on the 1-1-2-2 thing (1 barrier tank, 1 ‘bruiser’ tank, 2 DPS, 2 Supports). It would make balance a lot easier.

Either that or rework Sigma into an off tank so Orisa can be a main tank again.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I can respect and would trust it and prob still love and play mercy.

Being a pocket is sort of boring anyways sometimes.