What would you do with Sym?

She can lifesteal from shields. Doesn’t repair her actual health, just her shield health

invite her to my apartment in the hope

that the mess triggers her enough to clean up for me (i’d make her tea as thanks, im not a monster!)

shields are better than normal hp, they regenerate.
I would be hella mad if they were removed cuz she has no self sustain.

Just small stuff, really.

Miscast teleporter should remain in casting animation, like Reaper’s does. This is a bigger deal than it sounds, it mostly fixes the problem of casting on complex terrain like staircases.

Increase teleport grab range.

Symmetra should be capable of teleporting herself more quickly. This could be accomplished a few ways, here’s one suggestion:

• If Sym HOLDS the teleporter button while casting, the build animation will begin at the source right away, and Sym will teleport the instant she casts the teleporter.

Note this method would be tricky to do if Sym is running full speed in one direction while doing it, as she might easily be outside the grab range of the teleporter by the time she casts. It would be tricky to do while moving, and dirt simple if she stands still. The reduced deployment time would, for instance, be a very nice and needed buff to her ability to escape her team from grav.

Now… there would need to be a max range she can move away from the pre-deployed teleporter or she would be able to hold it indefinitely, and potentially create a teleporter that was on the opposite side of the map. In practice this would be nearly impossible, since Sym would need to run the entire distance while holding the button, without being able to shoot or cast turrets. Never minding that any teammates wanting to use the teleporter would be standing around the source point doing nothing the whole time.

But even small or moderate max distances would enable her to place teleports that were not in line of sight from each other, and I think that could be very hawt.

1 Like

Call me crazy, but this is how I see things working out:

Symmetra, in her next iteration, will lose turrets entirely. The power from her turrets will be placed into her offensive capabilities, and she’ll be securely thrust into the DPS/Utility role.

Her teleporter will be given some kind of utility to go along with the movement mechanic, her shielding will probably be reworked, and her survivability will get buffed in some manner or other.

I think it’s the next logical step that Blizzard will take to remove any kind of permanent AI driven offensive units. Symmetra might get some kind of ultimate rework that adds in turret capabilities, but I have a feeling they’ll be going away at some point. Same with Torbjorn, he’ll have his ‘always available’ turret removed, and it’ll be tied into an ultimate, with around the same power level as what BOB is currently.

Maybe I’m wrong, maybe that won’t happen, but it just seems like they’re leaning so hard for OWL and competitive, they want everything to be tied into player skill rather than anything automated.

1 Like

HOW TO FIX SYMMETRA - from a Symmetra main

this isn’t updated 100% with my current thoughts but honestly its still pretty on par.

Also the changes suggested in this post

Sentry turrets NEED QOL fixes ASAP

are good, I think they would fit well (except the focus fire thing its kinda useless for Sym)

i would increase the range on her primary, and allow her teleporter to be infinite kind of like sombra’s invisibility

Revert her back to 2.0 and make Sanjay a hero with 3.0’s kit.

I want it so that people don’t have to use the interact button in order to use it. They should just be able to walk right through it like her old teleporter.

I see this a lot and I disagree with it. Even if she should ever become meta or viable this way, the lock on beam will always be oppressive to many players and she will still be looked down upon.

Symm players will just be mocked for having no skill and Symmetra as a hero will never be respected if she also gains a buff to those turrets with her lock on

i would just change her secondary fire back to slow moving projectile that pierces while keeping everything else the same.
could fix it to only pierce through players, but cause it to deal large shield damage.
her specialty should be all about being able to break/generate the shields and other similar things.

Yes give me back my 6 turrets and my lock on that was literally what made her different from any other hero. But now shes just a zarya with a teleport. Also I was told her current turrets had their health increased? but i still see them get taken down with a single shot…

Lmao they should probably work on their aim then. Ironic how people cry and tell them they have no skill when they dont have to skill to just shoot symm from a distance… Seriously the community ruins everything this is why we cant have nice things.

Oh god I would hate that. But by then I would probably have given up on the game and moved on to other things.

Improve Teleporter (cast-time, targeting, etc) and lower turret cool-down a bit maybe. It won’t happen but I can’t say I mind seeing them sort of merge her reworks though.

As I see it, they failed to really make her a DPS and she’s still stuck in the same weird position as before. Honestly, I think the strongest parts of her are still supportive and she would’ve turned out pretty well if they’d gone for a slightly softer rework and not entirely removed the shields and old Photon Barrier.

Well, they reverted Mei’s fall-off and Mercy’s healing technically. I don’t think they’ve ever really reverted (not directly anyway) non-stat changes though.

they were 1hp but now 30hp still one shotable by the entire cast with quick melee

1. Decrease the set up time for teleporter from 2 seconds to 1

2. Increase the interaction radius of the teleporter

3. Reduce the cooldown of turrets from 10 seconds to 8

if we have to be stuck with 3.0 then let her deconstruct her own turrets with F when looking at them to refund half their charge. make teleporter infinite duration and speed up its animation to 1second. buff the interact radius to 3.5-4m. give either her primary or secondary fire pierce. primary could make it ramp up quicker for each additional target and orbs charge for one additional second to give it pierce back.

Either change her ult to do some damage like refresh turrets.
Or make her a Shield tank

Do I even have to say what I want again? (said it so many times in the last month)