What would happen if Mercy suddenly got 60 hps back ❔?

Moira pickrate outside of GOATs would probably plummet.

She would be usable again.

1 Like

Oh, that’s kind of true. She’s the raw, go to, healer now. But it’s just her poor design. She heals and deals mediocre dmg while brining nothing special to the table other supports do. She is in need of help.

Well, Mercy winrate and pickrate is tilting up a bit with the new patch.

I would be interested to see what 55hps looks like.

But considering Mercy was unquestionably overpowered the last time she had 60hps, I’m skeptical the Ana/Moira buffs would make enough of a difference.

Not really true, before the double sniper/Gravdragon meta she was quite even with Moira in terms of stats for months, both with average winrate.

1 Like

I’m aware of that, but that to me wasn’t “real” balance. That was people slowly and steadily realizing the January Mercy nerf wasn’t that bad.

Which should be pretty obvious from the data:
https://i.imgur.com/2MIV41s.jpg

She was only briefly even with Moira around late April.
Mercy/Moira Comp pickrates (PC)

Also Mercy pickrate didn’t flinch when boosted grav dragons got nerfed.

1 Like

Exactly. Mercy wasn’t nerfed bcos her 60 hps was overpowered. It was nerfed bcos she always had the most healing done at the end of the match, so people skeptical thought you can’t do without her so she still remained extremely high pick rate.

I made post about it, but it was forgotten.

h ttps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/why-mercys-recent-nerf-wasnt-justified/224827

What would you have nerfed on Mercy instead of nerfing healing?

3 second cast time on Rez?

5 second Guardian Angel?

I would make it even 60 sec cooldown.
I don’t really care about this ability.

I just want her healing to be great again as well as her valkyrie.

Edit: but her rez isn’t a problem anymore

Half a sec longer on GA would’ve been fine, also some Mercys know how to float midair while rezzing and even behind walls once they start the rez animation, shouldn’t be a thing.

you said ana and luceo would still be dominant, but im just going to say that i dont think anybody cares who is dominant. just who is viable. i think this would be fine. me personally i think her heals could actualky stay 50 hps but give her the abiluty to burst heal for3 seconds at 100 hps with cooldown of 15.

then make resurect sn ultimate with cast time of 3 seconds with line of sight limitation but barriers have no effect, upon ressurect cast completion players are emmediatly on the ground like they were slept for 2 seconds before “waking up”. mass res is a thing.

vakerie becomes an ability upon switching to pistol lasting 5 seconds and only allowing you to fly nothkng else. but thats just a theory. A GAME THEORY

BETTER QUESTION… What if all the Mercy whiners just stopped???

If she get her 60 HPS back then i’ll be content :joy:

See you say that, but Overbuff thinks I’m in the top 5% of S76 players even when I’m in mid diamond.

Won’t trust anyone who talks about stats. Especially when they cherry pick just one stat out of many to try and prove a point.

Overbuff calculating how “good” you are at a hero (i’m apparently top 2% of D.Va players or something) is a different calculation than them gathering pickrate and winrate stats. They have a reasonably decent sample size.

I would have nerfed nothing, the insane power creep was already a lot even for 60 hps considering Mercy has no means to heal burst damge wich realy is the most important damage. I would have instead alowed the other healers to heal through barriers.

1 Like

Mercy and Zen would likely end up being the strongest support duo again, people keep forgetting to mention this, but Mercy’s nerf was also an indirect nerf to Zenyatta.
Considering the current meta is mostly GOATS/Quad tank and some variation of dive, it’s hard to say if bringing her healing back would revert the meta to more of a double sniper meta.

NGL, I thought the question was ‘what would happen if mercy suddenly got a jet pack’.
I was prepared for that question, not this one.
Can you please change it?

But to the real question, I think there would be less people playing her, because they might decide they want to stick with another healer.
But unless there has been a change to the other support, I think it will just go back to the way it was before.

Mercy and Zen’s pickrate would rise significantly in competitive play.

Ana once she starts dropping will fall like a stone. People think she’s more viable than she is at most skill levels.

Moira’s pickrate would drop at lower ranks as Mercy’s healing would out compete her but, she’d go up slightly in GM as Ana falls because Biotic Grenade won’t be in her way anymore.

50hp/s : I only play Mercy as a ‘top-off’ healer, so making sure every1 is always at 100%

60hp/s : I play her as a main healer who actually can pocket the team’s most valuable hero

It’s funny how 10hp makes such a drastic difference in how you play her