What was your reaction when you realized you can't play OW2?

Your first reaction after you found out that you can’t play overwatch 2 because of your phone.

26 Likes

But … I “can” play overwatch 2 because of my phone?

:upside_down_face:

14 Likes

Then this post isn’t directed at you.

36 Likes

Faith in Blizzard dropped. It was kind of expected because of their radio silence. I’m kind of hoping that their playerbase massively drops as a result of the restriction.

21 Likes

Mixed feelings, honestly. On one hand I love OW but on the other I see some of OW2’s business practices and part of me almost wonders if I’m dodging a bullet.

13 Likes

I don’t have faith in Blizzard at all, but I do know they are beholden to their bottom line. A decent amount of people don’t know they can’t access the game yet. I imagine this next week is going to spark outrage when they do and they will find a workaround or make exceptions.

5 Likes

theres no fn way ill accept this if its the case . i played this game every week sinced closed beta , i wont be kicked out of it now

5 Likes

I don’t really have any faith in them at this point. I’ve been playing since season 1, got all event skins that didn’t cost extra money. Never got a warning, or so much as an exp reduction for leaving games. I’ve been a model player. And then I get locked out for not having enough money. It’s really disappointing.

8 Likes

The same restriction exists for Modern Warfare 2 which by my understanding has been pretty successful (I don’t keep up with COD news though) so I wouldn’t expect that.

I was pissed. And sad. But, I guess they don’t want me as a player. I’m not stupid enough because, let’s face it, only an idiot has a contract phone plan for personal use. c’est la vie! There’s plenty of other games to play out there! Everyone that can’t play, come play Unreal Tournament. Servers are still up; the game is cheap now and the updates are still available! (The old one not the newer one). It’s better than overwatch anyway! And it has "mo mo mo mo monster kill, kill, kill, :grin:

8 Likes

If it heavily reduces the hacking issue people will only love the system.

3 Likes

My family is on a post paid contract plan. Unlimited everything. Cheaper than Cricket too.

2 Likes

I will never know since my phone work. But I’ll probably cry .

1 Like

Honestly, I’m sad, I only have a google voice number that I use for everything because I’m broke and can’t afford a phone bill. I was so excited to try it out since I’ve played OW since launch. This really sucks, honestly don’t get the idea behind it.

8 Likes

I’m kind of glad to be honest. I often feel that I’m wasting my time when playing even though it’s very fun. Now I can put OW behind and hopefully spend more time away from my computer.

We can see it as an opportunity.

I have a phone that will probably work but I’ll never give them my number. We have enough surveillance in our society already, don’t need Blizzard doing it too.

4 Likes

I can play overwatch 2 so I’m cool.

Everyone else…

• Change your phone plan to one that Blizzard accepts. Assuming you can afford it.
  • Beg a loved one for their number.
  • Use one of those workarounds I’ve been hearing about from others in the community. I don’t recommend this because I’m sure Blizzard will eventually crack down on it somehow.
1 Like

I will clap one last time for how deep they fell. It was obvious something like that had to happen, but I don’t even want to see them crawling back once it goes wrong either. They knew the stakes and I hope they can deal with that.

5 Likes

I can play, but I was certainly shocked. It didn’t seem like a big deal when they first announced it but I had no idea so many people wouldn’t be able to play…

1 Like

I didn’t even notice my reaction for quite some time. I just started impulsively checking the forums and Twitter like every five minutes just hoping that Blizzard would say something, or some content creator would say something but the best we ever got was Sylosa making a poll which got us the 15% number and ML7 realizing that he was locked out but it’s his job so of course getting a number just to play the game makes sense for him. The rest was just a bunch of hype posts and Watchpoint giveaways. Really made me feel like I don’t even exist.

I think these companies are beginning to realize that the best way to deal with backlash is to just ignore it and hope it doesn’t go mainstream.

I really am very upset that I won’t get to be there with everyone else, but nothing I can do about it (though obviously, since I am here, I still can’t stop myself from checking for an update…)

5 Likes

I’ve got a workaround for now since OW is the only FPS I put time into anymore, but this has been the worst experience I’ve faced trying to play a video game ever. And the complete silence from the company over the issue has been even worse.

4 Likes