What was the point of the Mercy feedback thread?

Digging up an oldie here, but what was honestly the point of having a Mercy feedback thread if none of the feedback was used?

19k posts and its locked as casually as throwing out trash. I can see why Mercy players are upset that they held their breath for that long with no results.

I’m only bringing this up now because I’m afraid this practice will be used again with other heroes down the line that get REALLY bad reworks or changes that are detrimental to their kit.

72 Likes

It was quarantine to stop spam.

53 Likes

To keep the things they don’t want to read in one place, I guess.

10 Likes

Makes sense, sadly

It was effectively a place for the devs to avoid and for people to argue.

10 Likes

Mercy mains got the reputation they have for a reason. People started calling them a cult for a reason. The raid and youtube harassment by one of them is an example.

Sadly, it does when you look at the behavior that prompted them to create the thread and long after, people are still hostile. I’m sure they read the thread but a lot of the stuff in there had either had nothing to do about her balance, was asking for reverts, was being hostile, or was buffs that either made no sense or made her OP, again.

30 Likes

Damage control to hide and ignore quantities of negative feedback I imagine. It certainly didn’t seem to be used officially for the purpose it claimed. Had it not been flagged in the end I imagine we’d still have had that megathread ongoing today. These few members here talking about Mercy mains ‘raiding’ though, I just wonder where’s the proof that this even happened?

1 Like

They aren’t forced to use any feedback at all.

Rightfully so I might add.

Or it’s just locked without any other qualifiers.
Many of us enjoy the current Mercy, so stop pretending we don’t exist. Just because a majority of forum Mercy users complain doesn’t mean most of us do

They don’t have to listen. Sorry

10 Likes

Majority of it wasn’t used because the majority of the suggestions were huge changes on the scale of reworks for a hero the devs think is close to balanced.

However, the devs also used it to see what support players find practical, impactful, and fun; which is why Baptiste’s kit shares some resemblance with some of the ideas.

2 Likes

Might be because devs said Mass Rez was gone and wasn’t coming back, as well as them finally having Mercy balanced and forum goers knowing absolutely nothing about balanced but everything about how they miss a broken must pick Mercy.

4 Likes

Not that I defend those raids or countless threads, but it would have been better to put out a official statement on that thread rather than letting it cook longer than need be.

By the time they locked it, whatever was cooking in there had been burnt to a fine ash

10 Likes

Then again do we have a balancing team that knows about balance? GOATS says hello for quite some time now. We had an overpowered rework that was forced upon the community, took several months to gradually cripple and repeatedly said “we now feel she’s fine”. Even suggestions outside of mass resurrect were ignored. Seems to me like you’re just branding every unsatisfied Mercy main as someone who wants an overpowered must pick hero and can’t see beyond that.

14 Likes

“We’re making a thread to collect feedback”

They dont have to listen!

Then whats the point of making it in the first place? Its like opening a free lemonade stand and not giving out any lemonade because they dont have to, even if they said it was free.

15 Likes

On the forums that complain about wanting Old Mercy back and ignoring the only difference between the 2 kits is Mass Rez is gone and a balanced Rez is on E, and as many Mercy threads as I have read through, including the awful mega threads to get to my 20k needed for L3, yeah I can comfortably say Mass Rez is a huge factor and not much else. As for GOATS, could be fixed with a hard cap on healers at 2.

2 Likes

Well all I can say is that I’m sorry that you can’t see beyond that and think all unsatisfied Mercy mains are the same. But fair do!

1 Like

Saying they don’t have to listen is not an assertion that they do not listen. Quite the opposite I think they do listen. They just know that anything said to the hardcore Mercy crowd will likely eventually be “used against them” or conflated into something it wasn’t.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know why you’re doubting it ever happened, but here you go - YouTube

2 Likes

Thanks I will check this when I’m home, I just wasn’t aware of such an incident but will review the video when I can.

The thing is, they stated how they felt about Mercy, numerous times but to some people, it’s like they’re talking to brick walls.

An example of this is that to this day, people are still asking for Mercy buffs, reverts, etc. Even though they said they’re happy with how she’s doing.

A lot of people in that thread didn’t want to listen to Blizzard so Blizzard let them listen to themselves.

5 Likes

Where did I say I thought it was all Mercy mains? I don’t think I’ve ever said that in any post I’ve made on the forums but if you happen to find one, let me know.

2 Likes