What was the point of the Mercy feedback thread?

That stuff was a response to the thread being ignored NOT the other way around. It wasn’t right to harass the devs, but your timeline is wrong.

The Mercy players got called a cult because of a troll thread by a bored student.

5 Likes

There was a small group that did and made a bunch of threads for a day. The threads weren’t rude for the most part but there was intentionally too many of them. Some were banned as a result and spam/trolling was 404’ed.

The problem was that they would constantly say they liked where mercy was, then nerf her again. It makes sense people wouldn’t believe them when they say they think she is in a good place.

12 Likes

What was the point of the Mercy feedback thread? To get feedback about Mercy. And to stop spam like Ihnami said. But just because it’s a feedback thread doesn’t mean that they should do what the Mercy players suggest. Like Malware said, most of the feedback there was just trash or toxic.

1 Like

Immortality field was basically what a lot of them wanted as an ult.

Which is kinda too bad it was used for other heroes with no comments at all to Mercy players.

Comments like “We think this a great idea but not a great fit for Mercy,” would have gone a long way to making people not feel ignored.

Honestly the Mercy threads got kind of obnoxious but I think a big part of that was the totally terrible way it was handled.

17 Likes

The definition of listening is to take notice of what someone has said and/or respond to what they’ve said.

If we have no evidence that they’ve taken notice and they’ve given us no respond on the feedback, we can conclude that they aren’t listening.

10 Likes

Not to mention there was some proof that they weren’t listening, by the read posts counters before they started hiding the forum profiles.

17 Likes

fpbp

That was an example of Cult-ish behavior.

I’ve been here the whole time, I’ve seen it all.

Plus the witch hunting and harassment by multiple pro-revert and “Mercy is weak” Mercy mains when someone said they liked the character. I’ve seen plenty of that happen.

Just last week it was a Mercy thread, someone said they enjoyed Mercy and then the OP of that thread started talking about the person derailing the thread and another mercy main (with the annoying signature about fair or whatever) came in talking about they didnt see why the person went to mercy threads and harassed people and how they should report them.

The person literally said that they like playing Mercy and have fun. But because the other Mercy mains didn’t agree with that, they ganged up on the person and started talking about flagging them for basically having a different opinion.

3 Likes

Two google definitions I found disagree.

“To give one’s attention to a sound”

“Make an effort to hear something”

Definitions are not the end-all-be-all of language. They define usage, not meaning.

We cannot because we cannot verify they didn’t listen. Until you can verify they didn’t listen you are not justified in that conclusion.

I say they are listening because they have added several things that were requested. They allow us so see damage boosted now and they altered the bug to Guardian Angel and made it a feature of the ability

1 Like

I think this is a good point but i think its also fair to mention that the Mercy community still gets the most dev attention and that the claim that they ignore feedback is plainly false given that dev actions reflect that they’ve at least read Mercy players’ ideas.

1 Like

No. It wasn’t. It’s a common consumer technique not different than a write in.

1 Like

Ah what a great moment that was, instead of trying to come up with an excuse for why their post read counts combined didn’t even add up to the amount of posts in the mega threads they just prevented people from looking at their posts read all together.

12 Likes

The devs haven’t responded to any of the direct feedback.

Mercy: “We think she’s balanced but not fun”
Devs: “Her pickrate and winrate are balanced”

That’s not listening. It’s talking on a tangential point to avoid responding to the question being asked. Which is a great PR doublespeak technique to dodge responding without making it seem as you did.

Mercy has gotten more attention by way of nerfs. She’s had little done to address feedback.

14 Likes

Implying the devs read it; they didn’t.

Back before the devs hid their forum profiles, you could see their “read posts” count. The only people who read as many posts as the Mercy Megathread were the mods and Micheal Chu.

8 Likes

It was a dumping ground, to clean up the rest of the forum and stop the pollution that was Mercy One Trick tears.

Can you actually substantiate this claim? Because you are calling out someone for implying something, but then doing exactly what you are calling out but to the extreme

That doesn’t mean they didn’t look within the thread. Not reading the whole thread doesn’t mean you didn’t read some of it.

Honestly I’d rather them not waste time reading bad ideas.

4 Likes

It was different. She was in the wrong. “The devs aren’t listening to what I think should happen with a character and I got punished for breaking the rules on the forums, I’m gonna talk bad about them on yt and set up a raid.”

She needs to grow up. One of her videos was basically whining that she got suspended or banned on the forums. Her excuse is that even though she broke the rules, other people did it.

Her hive mind followed her as well.

1 Like

As a matter of fact, I can.

Well, I could. Last July the devs had visible read counts for their profiles

It does; when the new forums opened up and everyone was trying to figure out how to get Trust Level 3, the easiest way to reach the read count was just scrolling through the Mercy Megathread. You don’t actually have to read each post to influence the posts read.

Really hard to tell if an idea is a good one or a bad one if you don’t read it.

15 Likes

Popular streamers, all of them, have that kind of influence. That’s just how fame goes and what she organized wasn’t that different than a letter writing campaign. It was just the internet forum equivalent.

Which is a very common consumer advocacy technique when people want to feel heard by corporations.

People make a bigger deal out if than it is, its not a cult. There is nothing cultish. It’s just annoyed customers being annoyed customers. Annoyed customers tend to be irritating.

11 Likes