What was it about Mass Rez that you liked/disliked?

Disliked. In my oppinion supportive ults should prevent deaths, not undo deaths and flip a match with a button press.

I’m just gonna point out that they didn’t work hard enough if they decided to not kill the Mercy with the rest of her team.

1 Like

It had no counter once after Q is pressed and it was too impactful not to pick mercy because of it.

Mass rez just felt more rewarding and I got to choose when to use it. Tempo rez[which was always better] or go for the risky 4-5 man rez. People like to say but ‘hide n rez’, which was more about about Blizzards SR system being abused. Mass rez was never a problem to me, saving ults and baiting out the rez then cleaning up with remaining ults works pretty effectively. Also if damage heroes can cause a team wipe with a push of a button, Mercy should be able to reverse a team wipe with a push of a button.

Good job Blizzard didn’t think like you then. :slight_smile:

Low effort High reward for a such low skill hero
Crutch for bad players
Promote suicidal playstyle
2 cp attack was hard because mercy hide in spawn and revive all her teammate

Why is this any different from a reaper or a pharah pressing ONE button to take out a team? The Pharah/Reaper/ Whatever earned that Q press through the way they played through out the match and then found a good moment to use it. So why should it be any different for when a healer spends the match time EARNing that Q press to use at a good time?

Pharah and reaper ult require more skill than pressing Q button you have to position yourself and know when to ult it also has many counter other than “Kill the mercy before she ult” both ult is High skill high risk high reward, mass rez was Low skill No effort high reward

And it could have been fixed with simple tweaks, giving it a real weakness. But it was never even given the chance of being tweaked to have real weakness.

What I disliked about Mass Resurrect: Mercy is more fun to play with Resurrect as an ability.

Mercy’s gameplay is a lot about positioning and prioritization. She can only be in one place at a time, and only use one ability at a time. The skill in Mercy lies in knowing when and where to use your abilities.

Before the rework, you had three abilities: Heal, Damage Boost and Shoot. Which mostly came down to you playing extremely safe and mostly just healing, damage boosting on occasion. It didn’t promote a lot of decision-making, and so made Mercy feel very uninteractive.

With Resurrect on a cooldown, you now have a fourth and very high priority ability, which in turn also offered some high risk high reward gameplay for her. Can you afford to stop healing the tank for two seconds to bring up your second healer? Do you keep trying to keep your current DPS alive or do you let him die to bring up the guy who had his ultimate?

You’re constantly pushing your limits now. Trying to sneak in as many Resurrects as you can. You’re no longer rewarded for playing safe, instead you’re rewarded for taking risks and using your mobility to the fullest.

While Mass Resurrect had a similar style, most of the time it was okay to die if you raised enough allies. And because the time in-between was so large, it didn’t have as much of an active role in your decision-making. You mostly just used it to counteract enemy ultimates, and to swing a fight. A lot of posters really exaggerate the decision-making of Mass Resurrect.

That said, the whole “Valkyrie doesn’t feel like an ultimate” is a legit complaint. I’d rather they powered it up and shortened the duration and made it feel like a big swing to use. Valkyrie failing to deliver has nothing to do with whether Resurrect is better as an ability or ultimate.

1 Like

I’ve never experienced Mass Rez but I’ve played a fair amount of the reworked Mercy and it seems counterintuitive to leave the team to die during a fight hoping that you can then rez them all. Like I said I haven’t experienced it, but wasn’t Mercy’s team pretty much doomed to lose a fight if their main healer was hiding? Wouldn’t it be better just to try to win without dying in the first place?

I wasn’t playing then, but even now rez feels like crap to play against, you work hard to knock down that tank, then a second or two later he’s right back up
 feels bad man, feels bad
 I personally am down with some kind of Mercy rework to shut people up and clear the forums, but am dead set against Mass Res, and would like to see Rez go altogether
 I think Mercy should get more combat ability in lieu of Rez, and possibly get an ult that both heals and supercharges her team, that would be cool
 maybe some spectacular visual like everyone glows brightly.

Erm Mercys rez was Instant.
None of the heroes you mentioned kill the enemy team instantly. Do you even play this game?

I don’t think rez’d teammates should keep their ults/abilities up when more than 3 people were rez’d at the same time.

Atleast put them on a long cooldown, or reset them.

Good? Sweetie, catering to DPS because they can’t kill supports is not good

i like it when i do it as mercy.

i hate it when that mercy is on the other team though.

The fact that you could kill Mercy “too soon”.

I don’t think teammates should be punished for something that wasn’t even their action.

Also it would make rezzing D.Va more awful than it is

That’s not really good design, imo. Every fight was “hunt the Mercy”, sometimes you needed to literally search the area for her, in which, if doing, she flies to her team to safety. “Killing her” isn’t counter play. If that were the case, Tracer shouldn’t have been nerfed.

I don’t know if that makes sense, but it really just felt cheap and annoying. Impactful for the enemy team? Sure. But for everyone else? It was just annoying, especially considering how quickly she got it

The dopamine high of getting a massive 5 man rez and thinking to yourself (I did it!)

All while the team is beging slaughtered as you died immediately after Rez and the Zen has to keep Rein and D.va alive while Reaper and McCree emptied their ammo into the Enemy DM.