What Valkyrie really looks like

Ever wondered what Valkyrie really looks like? Or maybe you’ve wondered why people complain about this ultimate? I’m a mid diamond casual Mercy player and Im here to show you. This is what Valkyrie looks like in quick play!

136 Likes

Valkyrie should not be longer than 5 seconds. Spending over 10% of your total playtime in Valkyrie is terrible. Alternatively people need to be ok with Mercy players going Battle Mercy during Valkyrie regardless of whether healing is needed or not.

34 Likes

I’m all for the idea of making Valkyrie more powerful but having a shorter duration as a trade off :smiley:

53 Likes

The grav battle mercy is the new meta confirmed at 0:59

17 Likes

You’re welcome!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sometimes I’m not sure why Mercy mains even bother.

30 Likes

So that’s what Valkyrie looks like when the enemy team’s tanks crack, and the rest of the enemy team keep trying to contest the choke.

Oh wait no the video goes on for another 3 minutes my bad.

2 Likes

The captions made the video so much more entertaining.

11 Likes

Sad but true.
20 chars

5 Likes

Keep watching, my favourite bit is that poor nano genji!

8 Likes

tHAT POOR GENJI

but yeah valk doesn’t do that much tbh but hey at least we get to fly in the air! c:
(its not like we couldn’t do that before though…)

17 Likes

Two ofthose seemed questionable. The kings row one where you probably could’ve done a recontest at the very end if you had saved it.The other was junkertown I believe there was 3 minutes left i personally wouldn’t have valked at that time andwaited for the next push

4 Likes

I miss the double rez, I will never understand how THAT was too powerful. Imagine the current rez speed or 5% faster and 2 rez… and her old healing. Perfection

10 Likes

Using it like zenyattas ult is incorrect.
You will not win solohealing vs a high damage team attacking into a grav.

A friendly ana-grenade turns Valkyrie into a solid option in potentially outhealing a grav.

Valkyrie is a great and impactful ability, but there are moments where it won’t be able to do much.
It’s great for offensive pushes as it amazingly increases Mercys healing-output for an extended amount of time.
A collected team pushing together with a Valkyrie in their back puts insane pressure on the enemy team.

Quickplay does not do Valkyrie justice and you know that.

19 Likes

Some of it’s old footage but I believe I valked in junkertown to escape the dva bomb. 2 of my allies died to it afterwards so I tried to salvage the fight there.

1 Like

Well that your opinion, some people Still like Valkyrie

And if you can’t get 3 kills while valk then you have not masters it yet.

5 Likes

Looks legit like the Valks I’ve seen and done. Sure, you occasionally get a good combo, but more often that not it’s wasted.

4 Likes

I would argue that organised team-play would make Valkyrie even more boring than is currently showed in the video. The thread is about how unengaging Valkyrie can be, not how impactful it can be.

24 Likes

I actually used it as soon as it was available, unfortunately Zar graved as I popped valk.

Correct, it doesn’t. Unfortunately for a casual player such as myself that spends most their time in quick play, this is what a lot of my games look like.

14 Likes

Sounds silly, but this made me want to get the gold weapon and play Mercy more :thinking:

3 Likes