What type of support do you want to see in game?

Mercy like support, with a focus on healing and utility and a sidearm that is not really used. But at the same time I want a support hero with shotguns for tanks like Winston.

3 Likes

Alright, let me try my hand at this.

Tech-type support (yes that first ability is basically mirage from apex with a twist)
-Decoy-Decoy is deployed a short distance in front of the player and mimics player movements. Any enemy that attacks the decoys is now visible through walls to the whole team for a short duration. Decoy flickers out of existence upon being attacked (making it unlikely but not impossible to get more than one ping per decoy).
-Revival Drone-similar to mercyā€™s rez, but faster cooldown. Drone can be destroyed to stop the rez. HP of drone and time to rez would have to be fine tuned to keep this from being over or underpowered.
-ULT-HEALTH FIELD-player drops a pylon that radiates heath slowly in a large area. Pylon can be destroyed. I feel like the pylon should have 300 to 400 health, have Lucio unboosted heal rate, but should cover an area 3x the diameter of Winstonā€™s bubble, but require line of sight like baptisteā€™s immortal field.

I have no idea what to do for their attacks, but I just realized itā€™s 2am and I really need to pass out.

I want more passive supports like Mercy. No more dps characters who are in the support role. Or maybe a completely pacifist support who canā€™t do damage.

Also I would like this support to be a sexy female/robot. We donā€™t have enough of those.

1 Like

poison based support. a mass of biological sludge with a skeleton and a brain inside that is one of moira failed experiments like reaper. strong melee left clicks that poison and spits all sorts of poison projectiles that when applied to an enemy it realeases a puddle of ā€œbloodā€ on the ground for your teammetes to heal on. ult makes your body fluid and low to the ground in attempt to snare and poison everyone in a small area.

1 Like

The one who actually supports the team ā€¦

A support with no head crit hit box.

Tbf sojourn is already the support we need a death enemy doesnā€™t deal dmg :joy:

1 Like

A hero with Pump-action shotgun (with a slug knockback alt-fire on cd), an adrenaline mechanic (aka gets shot, gets speedboost and self-heal) and a drone for healing output.
Not sure about the Ult but I think for a base kit that would work pretty good.

I want a healer that heals their team mates directly by doing damage. No, not like moira- Where she recharges her healing via doing damage.

Straight up, do damage, heal.

Imagine a hero with a short-range heal burst like Bap, with each burst doing 50~ or so healing. Have the healing ability on a toggle, where you can either burst it manually, or more or less do it ā€œon autoā€, anytime a team mate is in range with less than full health, auto heal burst.

Now imagine this burst normally has a long cooldown- but for every shot they land, the cooldown is reduced. So in order to pump out appreciable healing- you need to constantly run and gun.

If a heal burst mechanic is too much, have them pick a specific target to receive their healing, with a game mechanic similar to putting a zenyatta orb on them- But the method for healing remains the same. Do damage, reduce heal cooldown- constantly popping heal bursts into someone.

I feel a healer like this would fit very well in the faster-paced Overwatch 2, and fit the appeal of an FPS healer who gets to focus almost entirely on ā€œshoot the red outlinesā€. Theyd obviously need more to flesh out the kit- but this is the concept i want a healer built around.

Maybe they have an SMG, maybe they have a shotgun- But i want someone who guns to heal.

1 Like

A support thatā€™s not stupid or annoying. Thatā€™s all I can hope for and thatā€™s asking too much.

I think you do, because supports need to be able to save teammates or debuff the enemy to make it easier to kill them. So by definition every support is annoying (Ana:sleep+anti, Kiriko:cleanse, Mercy:Rez, Lucio:speedboost+boop, Brig:tanky+boop, Moira:good heal+damage, etc), or else they would not be effective.

Maybe a pure buff support would fit your definition? But that could lead to hard carries with the right targets.

1 Like

If they made a hero like mercy without the rez ability that would mean it could have higher healing without making the hero busted because you cant balance rez. Just a thought

Support with stealth. Sombra already exists so I donā€™t see why not.
Support who can summon healbots/clones to follow and protect allies.
Support who can swap position with enemies. Make it tiered ult. The more you charge the ult, the farther you can swap.

A hero with unique abilities tbh. All the new heroes have just been rehashed abilities of the older ones.

1 Like

A support that focus on SUPPORTING, I donā€™t want to see another ā€œletā€™s give this character damage so DPS play this roleā€ wannabe.

If I wanted to click heads, Iā€™ll pick Damage.

2 Likes

Moira and Reaper Combined to make the ultimate disliked hero

2 Likes

We hane no heroes using fire. Or a long sword. So why not have ahero that weilds both.
Name: Flamberge
Hp 200 armor 50
Flame weilding zweihander user. They have flames that heal allies and do burn damage to foes.

Rt standard swing

Lt: heavy swing, slower does 50% more damage than standard but with knock back

Rb: flame slam, similar to rein ult but instead of stun get burn

Lb block: reduces incoming damage from front, reflects projectiles. Reflected projectiles do 0 damage to hero, like genji
Melee: boop kick, like zenny but touch heal allies

Ult: infernal charge, drags sword along ground creating a short aoe of flame wall. At the end of drag they will swing creating a Shockwave of flames. For 6 seconds after using ult all hero attacks have burn damage.

Passive: elemental overflow, trail of flaming footprints is left behind you healing allies that walk upon it. The trail dissappears two seconds after the footprint is made

Reload swaps between left and right handed stance

YES. Weā€™d also get fewer ā€œsupportā€ players who are role playing as dps-lites. I always hear how other roles are complaining about the lack of focus on healing from their supportsā€¦ but the role has essentially become an alternative for players who want to avoid outrageous DPS queue times. If we can get more heroes that encourage players who have traditionally been interested in the support role, with emphasis on actually supporting, maybe that problem would be less frequent.

1 Like

Ah, yes. Definitely one of the medics of all time.