What type of Battery does D.Va's Meka run on?

In real life the reason we don’t see such fighting machines or exoskeletons is because of the lack of a compact suitable power source. No such battery exists that could power such a combat suit and any real demonstrations require a tethered power source which defeats the purpose.

I wonder if it is physically possible to create such a battery that would serve the purposes of being compact, being strong enough and holding a charge long enough to power such a suit as D.Va’s. The physics has to exist for any possible battery to be invented but does it?

It’s a reactor, that’s also what makes D.Va’s ult possible

5 Likes

Watch the Shooting Star cinematic, you get to see the reactor powering the mech

When I think of mini nuclear reactor I think of what powers space probes in deep space where no maintenance is possible. The power output of those things is enough for maintenance and use of instruments but not enough for what D.Va’s meka is capable of doing.

Gamer battery

1 Like

Those are just plutonium decaying and basically giving energy, dvas mech as a full on fission reactor, based probably off titanfalls titans who also have a nuclear reactor

Well it could be fusion, but you get the idea, its a full blown reactor

This doesn’t seem practical because any time one of these mekas get destroyed they leave highly radioactive waste everywhere. Did they sort of just gloss over that?

1 Like

Many reasons, not just lack of power. Otherwise you could run exoskeletons inside warehouse using power cable, like Evangelion :smiley:

Well, it is a small one, like really small, and if it is fusion, there wouldnt really be nuclear waste, heck its explosive yield is smaller than the davy crockett, which was literally a mini nuke

Well that depends. Though for practical and economical reasons any sort of fusion powered reactor would be fusing the lightest possible isotope (hydrogen-1) but theoretically there would be no reason why we couldn’t fuse other isotopes that result in a radioactive isotope that would decay shortly after.

But that doesn’t really matter the person I replied to said it was a fission reactor.

You…mean me? Cuz i said thay

Also you really couldnt get up to the radioactive elements because of how hard they are to fuse

Doesn’t have to be an element that has no stable isotopes. Every element has unstable isotopes. I would be referring to a light element with an unstable isotope number.

It runs on the heat energy radiating from her gamer girl buttocks

2 Likes

hard light…?
I mean, that thing can block so much and damage everyone for so much I would not be surprised if it can run a mecha for that strength as well.

But in all seriousness it’s probably a nuclear reactor of some sort…
With the right stabilizing she can use it for everything she does and that would also explain the nuke(?)

The reason fission isn’t used on a small scale is because with our level of science and engineering it requires large scale high-energy reactions to achieve fission.

If nuclear physics/chemistry advances to the point where a fission reactor can become the size of a car battery while using less unstable elements, things would be a lot different. There would probably be a lot of fission-powered devices.

It’s a special kind of battery powered by the Sodium Chloride of her opponents’ tears.

It’s called a salt-in-battery.

the power of Nano Cola

1 Like

Even then, it probably wouldnt have a long half life