What the heck is happening

There’s this thing that suddenly appears on my screen when I launch overwatch. It’s a circle between two lines that has two triangles in it, and it gets more transparent towards the center. Sometimes when I’m in game a small arrow will appear pointing in a random direction from the circle. So far none of my friends have a clue what it is and I think it’s causing me lag. I’m worried it’s going to get me banned. Please tell me if you think you know what it is.

Are you referring to the symbols that appear in the top left corner?

Take a screenshot (or photo with phone if necessary)

Does it look like this? If so it might be caused by Nahimic 2 sound software and the sound tracking feature. Try CTRL + SHIFT + C or CTRL + SHIFT + S to disable it.

If you’re using an Alienware laptop. Go to the Alienware Sound center, go to Audio Recon and turn it off. That may also solve the issue.

1 Like
3 Likes

Sounds like you have a virus. You may want to stop looking at that naughty stuff when your parents are not around.

It worked. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

I beleive:alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:

1 Like

No worries, good luck with your games!

Looks like you’re using a 3rd party software in game which can result in a permanent ban.

what kind of software are you talking about? I’m having a problem right now that’s saying “We’ve detected the use of a third party program in violation of our EULA. Overwatch will now exit.” It won’t even let me launch it.