Tips for hearing issues?

I have a blockage on my left ear drum that’s really affecting my hearing on that side, to the point that I didn’t hear a rien charging me from that direction until I was already pwn’d as mercy.

needless to say that ended poorly.

I’m hoping to get it taken care of on Friday, so I can actually hear -ish out of that ear again. But until then, other than headphones, what are some tips I can use to work around this?

I know as mercy she doesn’t have to look forward to keep her beams on a team mate, so I can watch my back instead of relying on audio cues there, but there anything else?

1 Like

Even us lads with proper hearing are having problems now when enemy footsteps arent being played by flankers.

Wankers.

3 Likes

When I play Mercy I randomly 360 spin so I can see hurt allies behind me and catch the possible flanker. I often preform this while using guardian angel.

If you have hearing loss, it is recommended not to play with headphones. Beyond that, there isn’t much other than subtitles now available for those with impaired hearing.

I would press on Blizzard to implement more features for the hearing impaired so that they can recieve the same tell-tale signs that players without impaired hearing can. Otherwise, maybe try turning the sound up a little (I know the excuses, I’m in the same position).

1 Like

Did u try speakers? Maybe set left channel a bit up

1 Like

the speakers were even worse, plus I stream with my friends so if I have the sound going thru the speakers instead of headphones my mic picks it up and echos.

Nahimic has a visual directional audio indicator that is often advertised with overwatch as an example.

Turn on the in-game subtitles. Also, try raising the audio on the left ear a bit? Maybe that will work.

Careful though. Third party programs are bannable.

I’ll have to deal with in game settings.

really don’t wanna get banned.

1 Like

highly doubt it would be. nahimic is a reputable company. Figure it would have been cracked down on if blizzard was displeased with them using one of their major ips for promotional material.

Maybe Blizzard can’t do anything because it’s not a cheat, but just an aid and the program is using OW as an example.

I just saw a video about a “radar” feature with an arrow that aims to where the loudest thing is.
That is absolutely bannable.

And I found this. According to that last post, it’s a ban.