What Rank Do You Think You Should Be?

Well… at that low I can decinitely give some good advice.

Play the objective. Find someone near it and even if silent just buddy with em in the game. Shoot who they shoot and all. Most bronze games are fixed by approaching the objective and rudimentary focus fire. Playing an independent hero will help a ton too. Soldier, Moira, Roadhog, etc are great choices. I was stuck in the 800s once so I know the pain. But I also know you can escape it and rise above.

First off…me being in Gold has absolutely NOTHING to do with my skill level. I have climbed repeatedly into the 2350-2400+ areas and even been a mere 5-10 SR away from Platinum rank. That has happened at least half a dozen times since Season 4. I will climb to 2490+ or so and need only 1 MORE WIN…then guess what…I get leavers, trolls, griefers and toxic people who ruin a good win streak when I could have won that last match and earned myself Platinum. So now because of that, it sets a new trend where I now get a loss streak and dip back to 2200-2300 then I have to claw my way back up to 2450+ over the next few days. .

On a WIN streak, the SR/MMR system places you with people on loss streaks or that play poorly because Blizzard in their infinite wisdom thinks that placing bad players with some of the good players simply for the sake of getting a 50/50 match up. That is exactly the problem.

I am not saying that I am a GM, but I should at the vert LEAST be mid-high platinum, maybe even low Diamond. After so many seasons of a roller coaster ride through Gold I definitely deserve at least Platinum or Diamond.

The biggest part of the problem is how the system places players in a match. It needs to change so people aren’t handicapped by the trolls, one tricks and stubboirn players who refuse to switch off their favorite hero when they are getting focused.

I have a few questions:
1: Do you genuinely believe that the matchmaker has identified said cheaters and not disposed of them?
2: Why do you think Blizzard wants you lower? You seem anoyed at it so it seems counterproductive. They would want happy customers surely.
3: There is no forced 50/50. If you earn/lose similar SR then you’ll remain where you win/lose 50/50. If you won more you’d climb; if you lost you’d drop. Why do you think this isn’t the case but instead a conspiratorial system of rigged matchmaking?

Also, No Diamond I know drops to Gold. You might be heaviy inflated in your mind. But thank you for your honesty.

2 Likes

2600 Range. Trouble is that my SR swings so hard at the beginning and end of each season. I should just avoid the first two weeks and the last two weeks of every season, but I get bored.

One thing I can see from your profile Kristal, is that you play a lot of Ana, and despite a 60% winrate, your accuracy is only 20%.

I am in mid-high Gold. Most of my weapon accuracy is 40% or higher for my most played heros. So your aim might be part of the issue.

Please read this guys post…to the end…and then tell me that Elo Hell doesn’t exist.

Algorithmic Handicapping (MMR) is Wrong for Overwatch - #25 by Oldphardt-2154

That post is utterly preposterous and disproven bollucks. It’s absolutely made of salt and delusion. Now if you care to rebut a single point of mine that’s based in reality I’ll gladly listen but conspiracies are a waste of everyone’s time.

3 Likes

Hi there! My main is diamond. I don’t know a single diamond player that can’t rank up to plat+ easily.

4 Likes

You ONLY Play Brigitte.

You circumvent the MMR/SR system by one tricking in a game where teamwork is essential.

You have woin 24 games at a 64% winrate.

I maintain a 55%+ winrate all season on most of the heros I play.

And since you feel that you can simply disprove an intelligent and well written post with a statement like “utterly preposterous and disproven bollucks” I shall no longer be addressing your replys. If you can’t disprove someone with an actual argument without sounding like a troll then don’t bother being part of the conversation. That’s just as bad as someone complaining about politics and yet they don’t go out and vote.

You have a nice day.

Reply with your main account so we can see it then.

Based on last season, I got to 3772, but I really think I should be in low-Diamond. Got way too lucky for my own good on two separate occasions where most throwers/trolls/griefers were on the enemy team. If there was a leaderboard on how fast players can gain 500-800 SR in a span of 5 hours, I’d be on the top 10 at the Diamond to Master part of the leader board.

How do I know I don’t deserve to be in Masters at all? With that long and grueling losing streak I had where I just kept losing because I wasn’t good enough was sufficient evidence or a wake up call that I’m not as good as I think I am and I needed to get better. Good thing I didn’t derank below Diamond…

1 Like

It’s been done. I’ve read the thread. It’s at anti-vaxer levels of denial. There is no forced 50/50 and in an earlier reply I explained why winrates are 50/50 based on it being where one belongs as they win/lose roughly equally.

2 Likes

Banned until 11/18. Sorry.

1 Like

Well, lets examine things a little further shall me.

I always get 30-40 elims and roughly 13k-23k+ damage per match. Depends on the map and the hero I choose for the team comp. I mostly play Junkrat, McCree, Hanzo and other DPS to counter etc but I also tend to flex to other roles/heros when needed. I usually fill and play heals and tanks too on maps I feel comfortable tanking on.

Again, the problem isn’t my skill level. Its when I get placed with people who are not skilled and their ineptitude costs us the match because they are either actively griefing/throwing, playing insanely poorly, or they leave mid match and force us into a loss.

Like I said, I am not a GM or Master. I could definitely find a place in Plat for sure and maybe make my way to Diamond soon after if I can break through after hitting 2495 and winning that ONE match more.

I have consistently proven that I can climb. It falls on that 6th player who makes or breaks that last victory.

Im currently flat 4k, I think if I work harder I could stay in 4.1 - 2 if I put more time into the game and maintain a schedule where I can play.

1 Like

I feel I should at least be silver. Being stuck in bronze forever. I’ve gotten to the point I do my placements and can it a season.

You’ve proven it by never achieving it? That’s new logic. Just because your stats are good doesn’t mean they’re adequate. When and where is the damage? How good are your pushes? What are your flaws? How are you working at them? Do you magically think an icon change with games 25-30 SR higher will suddenly make your teammates amazing? It won’t btw. Do you really think your teammates think otherwise about all their teammates? Focusing on the uncontrollable is scapegoating for your ego and probably the number 1 reason you cannot climb.

2 Likes

Belong in diamond. Move between 2800 and 2950 the last two seasons. Just have to play comp more to reach it. I mostly play with mid diamond friends so I end up in mostly diamond games anyway and have no issues or struggles.

1 Like

And from now on this is trolling.

“You’ve proven it by never achieving it?”

“Just because your stats are good does not mean they are adequate.”

The damage is ON point, at the healers, and shields as Junkrat and Hanzo. Supressing enemy movement and defending my own healers.

Breaking into Plat will by a good 20SR will definitely make some difference when I am paired with fewer and fewer incompetent players because the queue pool is drastically smaller than in Gold.

This isn’t about ego. Its the simple fact that we all get placed with people that are lesws skilled than we are while on a win streak.

The devs need to tighten the pool range down to 250SR +/- instead of a queue pool from a span of 1000 +/- especially when it comes to boosted groups with low Plat players pulling high silvers into high gold matches.