What people don't realize about Brigitte

That may have been the initial vision/design they had but that apparently didn’t turn out so well and the game is very different from what it was before. So she’s not supposed to have an edge over Winston anymore. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing anymore because a lot of characters have lost and gained different things.

And besides in regards to winston you really only need like 1 other guy to help you out, even a baby dva would suffice to help take him take him out if she goes long range.

I would think nerfing Orisa and Sigma would’ve been enough though. They certainly aren’t being played now.

What are you talking about I get plenty wins with sigma and things go well with orisa sometimes too, she builds ult super fast

I’m saying the meta right now is mostly dive. I see a lot of Winston Zarya.

Cool, then lets rework everyone into Soldier.

Oh wait, it was only removing the counterpicks to popular heroes, my bad. No wonder this game is dying lmao

1 Like

I won’t argue with that, although I personally I think strategy/skill dictate fights more than meta does in the end. I mean I play a lot of Zaraya and Sigma but I still find myself having to pull out Hog sometimes despite his recent nerfs and he’s not really considered “Meta”…

Actually, tbh more and more I’m starting think that this meta talks and following pros can be very helpful but detrimental at the same time. The majority of the overwatch community listens to a handful of people and takes their words as Gospel. This doesn’t help in terms of innovation, and pro players are not infallible.

I don’t like meta’s either but Winston and Zarya are both pretty good right now

Brigitte is dead AF, and looks like that is what Blizzard wants.
But hey, dps and tanks keep spamming ‘need healing’, I literally can’t heal them. She is a throwpick

2 Likes

Well you read none of my post, but that’s fine, your free to believe what you want.

However there is no such thing as throwpicks and is a cowardly attempt at masking the reality that there are ONLY throwplayers, because characters do not have intent. Throwplayers de-rank themselves, whether it’s because they seek a lower rank or have delusions about ranking up and facing greater opponents yet apparently do not posses the skill to “overcome” playing with a Brig on their team.

That they are, but the players dictate games not the Meta.

As she should… She’s a support.
Every squishy should. Tanks are bullies that’s how they make space and each team is granted only two per team. If you want Brig to be able to survive a monkey dive rework her into a tank

Besides she always has the option of booping the monkey mid dive.

1 Like

She struggles against the thing she was designed to deal with, which is Dive characters, if i wanted a mass healing character, i’d pick Moira. This is what i feared would happen back when she got reworked, her Anti-Dive character got stripped for more healing, which doesn’t even matter anymore now since the Support lineup is all about utility now.

Honestly wished they just gave her the Anti-Dive identity back, she may have been useless Pre-222 but atleast she had a purpose, and wasn’t essentially just cannon fodder. right now she is just a worse Moira.

2 Likes

I would like to point out the sheer amount of buggy, wonkiness that bash’s hit box is plagued with at this moment and tell you that while I agree that there is more to support than heals, I don’t think this is as strong a selling point as you want it to be, due entirely to the fact that it’s not as reliable as it should be. I can’t tell you how many times and in how many replays I have seen my shield passing harmlessly through an ulting reaper. Oh it’s worked plenty of times, but it’s also failed plenty of times when it should have worked and sometimes those failures were at crucial moments. It really needs to be looked at. Perhaps the hitbox for bash needs to be made bigger to account for latency or something, I couldn’t begin to tell you what’s going wrong though.

I don’t see how any of this counters anything he said. All you’ve confirmed is that yes, the person who never gave up on Brig has given up. Other than you making an assumption “maybe he just got bored” which is wrong actually, because their twitter confirmed they’d given up because of the nerfs. “No longer viable” they said.

That “but” there really makes it sound like that’s what you’re saying though. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes, her purpose was to ruin fun of DPS. And we all know, how it ends for any support.

When Winston is mid jump whip shot him not only will it cancel the jump but he more or less puts him where started.

Also a support shouldnt be able to dual a tank in most cases.

Being a hard counter to dive was a rather horrible balance implamentation. She can still hold her own just you have to play like an actual support and not like a three role hybrid.

Also you can still duel the likes of genji and counteract the dive tanks. Be it that you actually beed to engage with them intelligently and not go full Rambo.

If you can duel a actually decent Genji as Brigitte, or survive without getting slapped Hammond, i’ll be suprised.

Which anybody could do her job better for less effort, it’s not worth the headache when basically every other characters does the same job as her, she is essentially a healbot with no form of protection for themselves, a boop that has to be fully aimed and only does about 5 metres of distance, a shield so paper thin it’s honestly useless, and just prolongs your death, a stun that’s only use is mobility purposes, the largest hitbox out of all supports, you’re not even allowed to use your primary fire or else you risk dying, and every other character on the Support roster is better than Brigitte.

Honestly, how can she hold her own with so many drawbacks? other characters can do it so much better than her, and not have all those drawbacks, heck, i’d argue that Zenyatta has a better survivability rate than Brigitte.

“her healing is where she shines” isn’t honestly shining anymore, the game has moved past healing since DPS got nerfs, it obviously matters to prolong fights, but utility is more important than straight up mass healers now, and it is showing because Ana, Lucio, and Mercy are top 3 picks right now.

2 Likes

Actually, Symmetra was a support who prevented damage.

See? People don’t like it.

1. If Brigitte could hold her own against Genji then you essentially make the DPS class useless. If this we the case Brig would be broken. No support class is supposed be acting as the Main DPS or Tank they only SUPPORT them with whatever task they are doing, and in rare scenarios maybe you do a 1v1 or focus DPSing.

2. Of course other characters can do what she does better is it not obvious that she is a HYBRID character? Unfortunately it seems you did not read the entirety of my post because a lot of you arguments are all ready addressed. As for the distance of her boop it is 30 meters the same distance as her healing packs are able to reach. To put this into perspective, 30m Brig Boop,Brig Packs, 20m Brig AOE heal limit, 10m Lucio AOE heal limit. As for her shield being useless and paper thin, Brigs shield alone has more HP then all the other supports and I’m pretty sure regens faster than Zen’s armor and Mercys passive or Lucios healin auora on himself, so if you really are going to argue that it’s useless then I can’t imagine how useless and paper thin you think all the other supports must be. Boop also does 70 burst damage and A
    if aiming is really considered to be a detriment then boy you must really dislike the dps class because all they do is aim. Her boops range is the advantage and he shield bash being only for mobility and to delay your death, it’s obvious at this point you either don’t know how to play Brig or hold some weird grudge toward something in regards to Brig. Again I already address a lot of this in my first post.

3. It probably appears to you that she has “So many drawbacks” as that seems to be what your focus is dedicated to finding. Some of your point are somewhat valid but you conclude to early such as failing to acknowledge she is a HYBRID. As for her survivability being less then Zen, Brigs Sheild alone has more survivability then Zen as it has more HP and Regenerates faster than Zen can with his armor, and that’s only her Sheild. Zen has absolutely nothing I’m his kit for survival whereas brig has the most of all healers as most healers have at least 1 ability they can use aid escape or survival, whereas Brig has shield bash, Boop, and arguably the sheild itself.

4. What she lacks in heals you usually make up in damage output and damage blocked by the end of the game, however in terms of heals the general standard for a healer to be “good” is 10k per 10 minutes, which Brig can in fact meet that standard and have done it myself multiple times though not always because it depends on what the team is lacking offensively it or defensively which is the advantage of playing hybrid is multiple areas of contribution, that comes at the cost of not reaching the peaks of specialization. As for utility Brig has loads of utility which is covered in the original post, because as stated Brig does specializes in Protection/Prevention, which you may read if you care to know why.

Symmetra 2.0 operated as a Deterrent / Denier, someone who had the utility to get their team back to point OR prop them up so they could be stronger, as well as make certain areas of the map hard or costly to traverse.

And then they massacred her for it.

1 Like

She shouldn’t be just a push-over against Dive characters, Supports should be able to defend theirselves, either by escaping with mobility tools or fighting back, if they weren’t, they would all be built like Zenyatta with no damage capabilities, because we all know how reliant are teams are, and before anybody says “Balance is focused on GM and Top 500 blah blah blah” yes i know that, but the majority of the player base doesn’t have 100% coordination or teams willing to work.

She isn’t a hybrid anymore, it’s clear they focused her away from that, i’m positive Jeff Kaplan or another developer has said they are moving away from Brigitte being a hybrid, it’s clear she isn’t a Tank/Healer hybrid anymore, Tanks are suppose to be bulky and NOT A PUSHOVER, Brigitte isn’t.

Reminder that her shield takes 2 seconds to start regen at 85 hp/s (3 seconds to be fully up, so over 5 seconds of waiting), and if broken, you have to wait 2 seconds more, so 7 seconds, while Zen, Lucio, and Mercy’s passive regen start quicker, Lucio’s being on-demand, Mercy’s being 1 second, and Zenyatta’s being 3. Comparing her shield to them is no contest that against those characters, it’s really bad.

Brig is my second most played, i have a good play amount into her, and i think i can tell what is wrong, and trust me, the only time i really see Bash come into use is when you need to escape, or you are just stopping a channel ability like Roadhog’s heal.

Addressed this again, she isn’t a hybrid anymore, if she was a Tank/Healer hybrid, she wouldn’t just be a pushover for DPS, if you take Roadhog for example, he doesn’t get clapped by Genji so easily on his own, in fact, all the Tanks can correctly protect themselves from Dive characters, even all Supports can escape better from situations then Brigitte, her only form of mobility is Bash, in which alot of those hyper-mobile characters can chase you down without having to do much.

Zenyatta’s form of protection is not in his HP, it is in his damage, he’s capable of bursting down all DPS heroes except Bastion/Reaper/Mei/Doomfist with just his secondary fire if he lands most of his shots, Discord gives him the ability to kill all DPS heroes except Bastion with just one volley from Secondary Fire.

I don’t see anybody picking Brigitte for her damage output to be honest, it’s pretty minimal compared to Baptiste, Zenyatta, Lucio, etc.

Brigitte honestly does not provide Protection or Prevention, Due to armor removal from Repair Packs and her shield being basically for herself, it’s atleast to the point where that is not what she is for now, if she was Anti-Dive now, she would be more used, because we are in a Dive meta, but she isn’t. Her utility is not that favorable anymore now because it’s been nerfed to oblivion, she is the least used Support in the entire game, so it is clear something is wrong with her.

I don’t know, but i see no reason in picking Brigitte over any of the other supports.

1 Like