What people don't realize about Brigitte

Is that Brigitte fulfills her role as a Support by PROTECTION (mostly by prevention). Brigitte’s whole kit screams prevention, but the problem is that prevention rarely ever gets noticed because of the nature of PREVENTING incidents from occuring.

People complain about her heals (which honestly ain’t bad if you can be ”hyperaware”), and she may not have the healing capacity of some supports but no Support has the capacity of Brig to PREVENT deaths like Brig aside from Baps immortality which has a long cool down and Lucio’s beat which is an ult.

The only other Support that can cancel Ults, and abilities (with exception to eliminating) is Anna with sleep dart which is a lot harder to land than Shield Bash and is and her only means of real protection. Brig simply has more opportunities as she spends more time in the frontline that death blossom that didn’t happen because it got bashed equals up to 6 ressurects that Mercy CANT do and might even die trying to pull even one off, and hundreds to even thousands of damage prevented in an instant which would otherwise put the team in a critical and dangerous position while waiting to be healed. Other Ults such as Sigmas or Mei’s can be escaped allowing you to stay alone and heal those caught or whipshot kill and/or delay/set off course with you boop prevening the rein from getting one or two extra hammer swings or Mei gettig a deadly headshot on your frozen team. A reinhardt pin is up to 300 dmg prevented a hog hook save is about 200 dmg.

Her whipshot is more than just a way to get inspire and one of the reasons it dies so much burst damage is to support the offense by locking down the kill that may otherwise get away and/or stay alive any longer than they should and get some shots at your team.

There are so many different cases’/times/ways one can save the team, but in the midst of battle everyone is primarily focused on their tasks/battles, and so ordinarily the thing team members notice their deaths which equals no health which equals bad health management which aside from their own capacity) is supposed to be supported by their support, which Brig does in prevention and heals.

Lastly Support is more than healing, you can support someone in any task but Support does not mean Main/Primary. While you can tank and dps you are not doomfist or reinhardt. You can solo sometimes but primarily you Support. Your long range boop creates space just like tanks do and you can definitely support brawl ny jumping into someone else’s brawl by jumping into someone else’s fight or full out dps when in team fights in smaller enclosed areas as you are often overlooked due to the attention going mostly on your dps/tanks as they are technically more lethal but ironically could be the reason you wind up most lethal because you’re allowed to fling your flail around like a madman and it’s deceptively doesn’t look like your healing at all.

There are so many things that brig CAN do but I’m gonna stop right here for the sake of my own time and because I’m typing this on my phone, but if you look at Brigs value in Protection+Healing and take advantage of her unique capacity and style she Supports she might not be so bad after all.

11 Likes

It’s funny that you mention she’s about protection, as the only person she can’t seem to protect is herself. She dies a lot.

52 Likes

Well that’s your fault M8 if your dieing a lot with a hero that has two health pools, a self heal, stun, and knock back. then you might need to rethink your play style.

8 Likes

This message is often lost on the community due to their commitment to breaking down the support role purely in terms of healing output. This sort of lazy classification has led to people saying stuff like “Mercy isn’t a main support anymore” or “you can’t run Zen/Lucio”.

6 Likes

Low rank and casual players do a lot of mistakes and even high rank players always use a Main Healer to dish out lots of heals to cover up their mistakes.

Brig can’t keep up with that anymore, so she ends up being more a secondary support than a healer now.

So tell me, does she can compete with other secondary supports? Isn’t it better to use a Lucio (or even a Mercy as a secondary support) for the Job?

So they nerfed her into a niche spot and maybe in an unuseful way for casuals and low ranks.

1 Like

What protection are we talking about again? Shield bash lasts not enough for the amount of risk and resources (keeping her Shield alive, which is literally impossible right now) she requires, and its damage is pathetic. Repair pack doesn’t give armor anymore, so it’s basically useless. I’d understand if the healing stacked (as in “press 3 times for 150hps”), but it doesn’t. Whip shot - yeah, it’s useful. Sometimes.

And the catch with all three? She can’t use them if she dies quickly, which she’s good at right now. 200hp is nothing on a support with tank-sized hitbox and melee range.

13 Likes

I can tell you there is truth in this. I play Mei, and all anyone ever does is complain about an inconvenient wall; they literally discount and ignore the other 99 good walls that saved the team, a teammate, cut off an enemy from retreating, but one wall that kept someone from doing something and “u suck”.

4 Likes

So why is even Violet who got Rank 1 to 5 with exception of Rank 3 I believe by one tricking Brig not running Brig that often anymore and plays way more Ana and Moira now?

When even dedicated one tricks start to play more other stuff than their One Trick Pony then something must be going wrong.

15 Likes

When a hero like Brigitte was number 1, there was something wrong with the game.

9 Likes

Especially with a missing skill ceiling and floor.

3 Likes

There are no secondary Supports, the Community seems to have gotten brainwashed into thinking Support = Healing when it does not. This leads to biased measurements. If Lucio, Brig are to be considered “secondary healers” then Brig can classify Moira and maybe Zen as “secondary utility” as Moira only heals and attacks and Zen only has discord and his orb have to stay in LOS. Judging by bias gets biased results

All supports can compete with each other for the most part. As a constant healer or unlimited capacity, Brig cannot compete. With Brig I know so far that I can get 1k a minute heals with Brig which fulfills the popular “10k every 10 minutes” standard. They all have their advantages and you have to consider there special advantages which matter just as much, if not more than healing. Funny you should mention Lucio and Mercy because in terms of healing Brig is a the middle ground between them as Brig can target heal (which Lucio can’t) and aoe heal (which mercy cant) and while Brigs AOE isn’t constant or as strong as Lucios it is twice the size of Lucio’s and pretty easily activated in combat which is when healing bus most important anyways. Lucio & Brig can both Boop, Lucios Boops multiple but requires him to get up in their face which can get you killed, Brig can only Boop 1 player but has the 2nd longest range Boop in game (pharah 1st) AND does 70 dmg from a safe distance. In terms of Support Lucio has Speed Boost which is highly useful and while the has Wall Ride that makes him rather evasive, Mercy has Attack Boost and Rez, Brig has a sheild, shield bash, and whipshot. In terms of healing capacity sure they can outclass Brig but not in overall Support. First off In terms of damage Mercy does the least heals might help you Survive More but extra DPS means the enemy Dies Faster which is an Offensive contribution and technically it helps the team survive more when the added DPS kills the enemy quicker. While you could say Mercy has Damage boost it is only 30% and since I regularly can get 5k damage with Brig on top of her heals Mercy would have to Pocket someone who does at least 20k damage by the end of the match and would have needed to have boosted ALL the damage done so she could contribute 6k which would largely cut into her heals. Lucio does damage but AOE heals cannot compete in range and are difficult to use with flying characters and while he kind of compensates with mobility and speed at the end of the Day Brig can get her heals and her boops a lot easier and faster than Lucio most cases and a lot safer. Brigs whip and stun are highly undervalued and/or talked about and that’s where she excells because neither Lucio nor Mercy can cancel Ults or Abilities the only other Support that can is Anna and sleep dart is pretty hard to land and her only for of escape.

Here’s an easy way Brig outshines almost all Supports: Enemy Reaper drops in and death blossoms. Mercy and Lucio are most likely dead but let’s say they do manage to make it out alive Potentially 1 to 5 your teamates are either dead or badly injured and it’s highly likely you will just get mopped up after the ult and they capture point or something. At best Lucio can start AOE healing and Mercy can heal them one by one (unless she Ults) and at Best revive only one teamate if she doesn’t get killed herself. With Brig, it none of that ever happens, or you could say maybe 0.3 seconds of it happens before he gets Ult Cancelled and concentrated to death and any minor injuries that may have occured are AOE healed. Ults are game winners and tide turners and Mercy or Lucio cant cancel or even evade/block them better than Brig can as I can literally stand in front of a diva bomb and live without a scratch and bash+jump out of sigma & dooms Ults. The same usefulness applies to abilities as Brig can Cancel/Block/Escape a lot of abilities that other supports cannot. So while Brig cant heal as much damage, no other Support can prevent damage and death scenarios better than Brig

Aside from that most healers get there butt whooped by Brig.

I’m not gonna deny Violet isn’t an Expert on Brig or say that I am better than him, but Experts or Top people don’t know or are capable of everything. Violet is a prime example of this actually as there was a time when before now where the whole community was saying Brig was garbage and Violet himself proves them wrong and says that the mistake other players were making is trying to play Brig like the old Brig and not adapting to her new playstyle.

Or you know, maybe he just got bored or wanted to switch it up.

1 Like

She literally struggles against a solo Winston diving her.

5 Likes

Characters are allowed to struggle against certain characters. Conversely D.VAs and Sigmas literally struggle against a solo Brigitte.

I’m guessing the Winston thing is a remnant of the older Brigitte, but she has a different playstyle now.

1 Like

And now Winston is running wild because of it. If she can’t even fit into anti dive which she was designed for, then what good is she?

8 Likes

Well it’s either that, make her an OffTank, or strip away all her peeling.

• A. Hybrid of everything, Master of none
  • B. Offtank, I.e. Halfway between Rein and Zarya
  • C. Can’t do anything about Dive

First off the Current Brig has no business trying to solo a winston and if you boop and bash your way back to your team usually Winston dies or goes away, and if you were to literaly get 0 help from your team after doing so, that’s a team awareness issue.

As for what Brig is Good for…Bruh, that’s literally what my whole post was about -.-

1 Like

She was fine before her nerfs.

1 Like

Maybe Idk, I doubt Blizzard is retarded, I mean they coded the whole game to begin with. There must be circumstances or the math technicalities that were at odds or broken, perhaps some broken strat we never discovered. However considering I think she’s decent now, maybe she was a bit OP before idk. I was playing Rein back then.

i agree, she’s more about preventing deaths and damage and also putting enemies into bad positions.
most of that goes unnoticed by your own team but the enemies are pretty aware of how annoying that brig is when she saves other teammates.

1 Like

Wow… Like yeah, they were not the ones who released Brig in the first place, a character that came in very well balanced.

A melee character in a FPS game that now wants to favor so much the FPS-y characters to the point that they made playing the melee character a struggle while keeping FPS-y characters fluid. Well, that’s very engaging and appealing to play with! Specially in a locked role with just 7 options.

With all my sarcasm above I just conclude that Brig was a waste of time and money to develop since the game now wants to cater so much to the competitive scene and became less and less casual-friendly. Almost nobody wants to play her for her unintuitive gameplay. That’s not retarded, but Brig’s release balance state is a mistake worth mentioning. Blizzard is not perfect and yes, they do make mistakes.

1 Like