What part of "group up"

… do people not understand?

Trickling in one by one is just braindead stupid. How do people not grasp this?

How many times do I have to spam the voice line “Group up!” before people stop headbutting the opposing team on their own and actually group … up!?

4 Likes

When your Rein’s shield gets destroyed cuz 99.9% of the time their gameplay is just standing there shield on, doing nothing for the team, then proceed to immediately charge to the enemy lines, and get killed.

2 Likes

I ask myself the same question but I think people in 2024 simply just don’t care on a 8-year old multiplayer game :man_shrugging:

My personal worst situation is on KOTH when I happen to die first or second and I already know that the 3 remaining teammates won’t contest any extra % on the objective.

Instead, they fight outside the point or hide around it and when the objective is lost, think it’s useful to then fight 3v5 and die one by one just to stagger their team and easily offerring 20-30% to the enemy team.

Sometimes, I rationalize and tell myself those people are obviously fixing themselves some meal, yelling at the kids or watching TV at the same time. I have no other logical explanation.

2 Likes

Maybe they don´t wanna group up with you specificaly…

Then they have no business playing a multiplayer game… :sweat_smile:

You don’t get to choose who you want to group up with or not. In a team, we’re just numbers. Personal feelings are to be set aside.

Oh yes, I do. Many times - someone running away solo is the one spamming “group up” constantly. Or people, who love to push into enemy spawn. I am not grouping with people, who do stupid decisions. And as a support I have a choice.

Every situation is different but many times I also happen to see 4 people attacking without waiting for the unlucky player that respawned a little later, which is really dumb to do.

Yeah, those are the worst but there’s also the situation where you win a fight and there’s a remaining low HP enemy and the rest of your team doesn’t understand the game basics enough to go help and stagger that specific enemy… and you unluckily die to them, with them being very low HP… This can be infuriating haha… especially on KOTH when there’s no reason to stay on the objective when it’s 1v5 and you already have the point.

Again, it all depends on the situation. Sometimes it’s good to push, sometimes it’s not. Many players can’t tell the difference between a good and bad push.

I also play support a lot and to me the “not grouping up” issue often comes from either DPS or the tank (especially the tank with 5v5). Lots of silly staggering from people trying to get solo picks at the worst moment.

I don’t wanna. Group down.

The part where I try to say “group up” but I’m a support hero so the game forces me to say “I am with you!” instead and it is INFURIATING.

INFURIATING

5 Likes

i love watching dps sacrifice themselves to the enemy team forcing me to fall back

i dont even think its a grouping up problem, but people are wayy too greedy and always want to get that elim

sometimes its a valid trade but more often than not they just get themselves killed

people don’t know what over extension is, how much pressure to apply, and forget that there are more people than just the target they are shooting at

theres also the other half where people stay all the way back and just dont push so walking up as tank is a death sentence

1 Like

It´s simple. I group up with people, cause that´s how I survive Tracer or Sombra - but I won´t follow someone, who is heading into silly place - obviously, I mean those people.

I saw your profile picture while you were typing your post and I took a guess “this might be Trilly typing”, clicked on it and thought I’d nailed it :smiley:

Edit : I’m not even sure we’ve exchanged once but I think my brain sometimes remembers some usernames judging by the profile picture, haha.

1 Like

Good hygiene goes a long way into resolving this problem.

3 Likes

Teammates bad

i cant even use “group up” since i main wrecking ball

i would just be telling the enemy team where i am and telling my teammates to throw themselves all the way to the backline

Says Hog, lol…

1 Like

Lol I’d say lucky guess, but I think I’m the only one around here with this profile pic who posts often. :sweat_smile:

I think we have, we don’t usually agree though. Usually on the opposite sides of the fight. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

It’s been that way since 2016

All of it. Every single part.

They will group up, once they grow up :sweat_smile: