What Mercy Changes Do You Want?

I think she’s fine as she is, a lot of people look at just her healing and say its too low without factoring in her ressurection and damage buff abilities as well as her fast ult charge. Maybe a slight damage increase but every hero should be situational in my opinion, not a go to multitool that can do everything.

I entirely agree. So many people have a problem with her healing but I think its fine tbh. The problem with her is Resurrect being very incompatible with her currently, ruining her fluidity as well as forcing the same issues the devs didnt like (hiding to use it and stopping healing). Valkyrie is also a way to make a pretty dull character even more dull and automate what little she has to do all while giving her something she shouldnt have in AOE healing. If they were both removed entirely there would be room to do something.

2 Likes

A Valkyrie on a cooldown is guaranteed gonna be weakened its not gonna take you that far. If its Ult duration is 15 secs, we wont get anything above 6 seconds

well yeah, but she can still free fly.

Beams no longer breaking when she enters valk

Damage boost beam reverted allowing mercy to re actively boost projectils and team mates on the offensive

Faster weapon swap speed, allowing her to more consistently defend herself with her side arm should she choose.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what we DONT want. We want a consistent healer that is playable in all ranks and able to keep tanks alive under pressure not Moth Meta

I don’t have a problem with her at all in terms of impact in-game, I just find that her gameplay isn’t interesting. Holding left-click or right-click with the occasional Shift is pretty boring when placed in a Shooter; it’s also why I want Moira to change. The fact that her steepest learning curve is to guardian angel straight up says something about her. Heal when they’re hurt, Boost when they aren’t hurt, Valk before a fight not during or after, Rez when it’s safe and when you know the revived ally won’t die right away, and you’ve learned how to play Mercy.

I want Mercy to be a true Battle Medic. Give her some abilities that matters that aren’t about healing or boosting allies. Even adding firing speed on her pistol and a small Genji double-jump when right-clicking with her pistol out would be good enough cause she can just rush a squishy then fly out easier without being in Valkyrie.

1 Like

Personally, the only reason I like the flying is because it seems so silly for her only to be able to fly if she can hook onto her teammates. If they are going to have that restriction, she should be able carry 1 teammate to other teammates.

However, the raised healing (even without the chain-linking) is nice. She should be able to hit E to get a raise in healing/boosting.

I’d be perfectly content if they removed flight from her entirely, it’s rarely useful with super jump in the game.

1 Like

Made a new topic linked to this one, Mercy 3.0 [My take, with pictures] 👼 - #17 by Tevees-1738, give it a look

So I think people are locked onto the idea that VALK = flight. And while Im ok with her flight being improved by E, I don’t think it’s a big deal or very impactful. Especially since super jump is a thing. It’s biggest advantage is that she can use it without hooking onto a person/anchor.

So imagine, she presses E and she (most importantly) gets more healing/boosting. (Chains, like flight, aren’t very important because good Mercy’s can switch targets fast enough for it to not be a big difference.) The status can be indicated to others by some transformative cosmetic and since it is a transform, it can’t be hacked away by Sombra. I don’t care if her GA/flight changes at all.

When she hits her ult, she can rez them. Perhaps it can a 2-3 person rez that does LOS checks and only within a certain radius. Or maybe it could be a 2-3 rez charges that she must use sequentially within a 4-5 second window. I prefer the latter as it would mean that the enemy team could see her rez one player and tackle her.

2 Likes

Literally ANYTHING at this point, ANYTHING. Another experimental card, and NOTHING for Mercy except for some crap pocket boosting BS apparently (oh goooooooooood :rage:)!

Its been 3 years of me and a whole bunch of other people COMPLAINING about Mercys state and how its going to get worse, AND IT DID, and STILL IS.

If they dont do anything for Mercy in the next 2-3 months, then its official, they have forgotten about an OG Hero completely and dont care. So much feedback, megathreads, and ideas on these forums to make the hero more fun and improved viability, and not a SINGLE peep!

Now OWLies are starting to get angry at her state, and are beginning to speak out about it, but I dont think EVEN THAT will matter.

4 Likes

A rework
-To remove pocket one person
-To make her more valuable without being OP

2 Likes

I would like to see a small circle below when she Valk. Anyone on the circle get extra healing from her wings. Anyone on that circle is protected from most CC, anyone that is under Ana anti-healing is cleansed and protects from her grenade.

I would like see some form of over-healing for her. I once seen a very good concept of it on this forum. Something like Faith(?).

1 Like

I think she’s alright.

I don’t think she needs any major buffs,but bug fixes would be nice,not to mention faster weapon swap speed and beams not breaking when activating Valk.

I still hate rez as an ult. I think it’s too restrictive the only time I can use it is when people are dead. if no one dies , it means I can go over the entire match without even using my ult.

I like Valk because it gives me the option to use it to escape and in general give me more gameplay options

Nerf to Guardian Angel, since we’re getting another Flight based hero. :roll_eyes:
And apparently they aren’t reworking Pharah :sob:

~ Guardian Angel doesn’t go on CD until Mercy / The player is on the ground.

Nothing. The fact that we’re playing 2/2/2 now makes up for whatever healing Mercy was lacking as a solo Support. I don’t play Mercy myself, but when she’s on my team I can definitely feel healing is more reliable. As the game plays right now, I’d rather have a Mercy on my team then Zenyatta or Moira. If you pair Mercy with a burst healing Support hero, you have a great duo.

Well, personally, at this point, I’d happily give up rez for more healing on E. Not just ult.

There’s just no way Im going to play Mercy when from any other healer I can more easily get 1 or more of the following:

• more healing
  • more reliable mobility that isn’t based on location of teammembers
  • more utility (think stuns, sleeps, speed boosts)
  • more ease in shooting the enemy

Mercy, given all that she lacks, should single target heal as well as Moira does.

Moira, if I recall correctly, spray heals for about 64 hps with a 4 seconds ticking around 16 hps (not counting the fact that Moira’s spray can heal multiple people in it or that Moira’s biotic orbs can also do 65 hps with a max of 300 in healing).

I’d be perfectly content if Valk was switched off from ultimate to E and allowed Mercy to heal for as much as Moira does.

2 Likes

I think they should combine 1.0 and current mercy somehow. The devs said they want to avoid big reworks since it splits the player base. I feel like mercy players would like this since it would keep the aspects everyone enjoys from both iterations. Also remove rez from a cooldown, or just replace it entirely

2 Likes

honestly i just want to be able to main heal again as i was doing before the heal nerf. There is never going to be rework I’ve accepted that but i want to at least be “mercy the guardian angel” saving lives with impactful heals - not watching my team die while i can do nothing to save them in valk mode.

Pls devs i just dont get why you are holding back. Mercy needs changes to make her a main healer again. Otherwise there is no real reason to run her over ana moira bap unless there is phara but then im stuck being a dps pocket slave.