What lore questions do you have?

I’m not crazy after all. I took a look back at the short and after Mei wakes up she goes “(The anomaly) is much worse than we predicted!” and it shows a timeline graph with a huge spike.

This means before they hibernated they knew about an anomaly and they predicted it would get worse. If it IS referring to the omnic population explosion, why do they keep calling it anomaly. It just doesn’t add up to me

3 Likes

Probably 12 with the people that I play with

3 Likes

I’m all aboard the void entity theory now.

I’ve got my cultist robes on, I have my standard issue red solo cup of fruit punch, and I’m ready to bow to our one true over lord.

May the void consume you, friend.

2 Likes

Quote when on Anubis map (Braindead can’t remember the real name)

I’m getting cooked alive in here!

1 Like

You got it! The name of that map is Temple of Anubis.

Also, shouldn’t he be cooked alive on every map?

He should, but then again, big boi Roadhog shouldn’t be able to fall 50 feet with a hmm

So I don’t question these things too much.

1 Like

Is Widowmaker’s Noire skin part of her lore?

I think Widowmaker’s Noire skin is the outfit that was used to brainwash and alter her.

https://pm1.narvii.com/6767/fa6fcac465ece38613e111a2117f9d378fef4434v2_hq.jpg

It’s like she is wearing a brainwashing helmet and there all those plugs on her outfit as if she was connected to a machine.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I am willing to chalk it up to Rein just being awesome.

And also gameplay reasons helping to hand wave that stuff.

That’s what I had assumed those things were, though that’s a pretty solid question.

A void entity and the spiritual path of the void sound awesome af ideas for a new hero…

So I looked at a bunch of reddit and old forum posts and some of them are saying the ecopoint crew 9 years ago knew about a freak hurricane over Africa, like it was some weird perfect storm weird weather stuff and that’s the ‘anomaly’ theyre talking about.

But still wouldn’t explain why it’s generating a lot of data even after 9 years and why Mei “has to get this data to headquarters” (unless its a permanent storm in the OW universe like Jupiter’s red spot is)

I know blueposts drop once every few months on basic lore questions so could we please get this cleared up? It seems across three separate discussion forums nobody has a solid confirmed answer

2 Likes

Don’t forget that the central image that Sombra found “at the heart of everything happening” in the world was an eye. Maybe this Iris Zen speaks of is a much more frightening entity than we think?

3 Likes

All hail our true overlord!!!

Give them unique interactions with Zenyatta, the two could be at odds. Except if Zen is using his cultist skin. Then they are BFFs.

6 Likes

It’d explain why he disappeared from WoW!

Just moved house.

2 Likes

He did say my heart would explode. If that possibility were to be confirmed true, my heart would indeed explode from excitement.

Dude The Iris as Zen always talks about…what if it’s not a fancy name for a spiritual path but like think about real eyes…they have an iris which is the circle of color surrounding your pupil, so maybe it’s like the edge around the void and the pupil is a portal to the void itself.

More supported by how Iris was the greek goddess of the rainbow (colors just like the iris of an eye) and also messenger of the gods

3 Likes

W-would the Iris be at odds with the Void in this case? Like, maybe it is its jailer or something?

… Now I really want this, and we’re almost certainly not going to get this :frowning:

1 Like

This just in: Junkrat’s “treasure” to be the Void Key!

4 Likes

He probably wouldn’t even realize just how valuable / horrifying that “treasure” he has is.

Unless he’s secretly a good guy trying to protect everyone… hm…

1 Like

This just in: Junkrat swalled the Void Key to save everyone!

1 Like

Hopefully.

• What were the drones in the Shooting Star cinematic?
  • Whats the role of Zenyatta in Shambali? How he met with Genji?
  • Whats the role of Echo in OW?
  • What happened to Liao and Emre?
  • How can OR-14’s use Halt! if Efi had to purchase a Tobelstein reactor for Orisa to do it so?
  • Whos Reapers family? What happened to them?
  • Whos the first Doomfist (The Savior) and what happened to him?
  • Why is there Echo shaped sculptures in the Temple of Anubis map?
1 Like